Search
Like Tree201Likes

RC10T6.4

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2023, 10:58 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cinnabun
what’s your current full setup? Where does it feel unstable?

This is it for the most part. I don’t have the B74 hubs and have 2mm pistons. I also had 30k diff fluid, diff was low on fluid and refilled with 50k just to try it. I tried ride heights from 15mm to 19mm and could not stop the “diffing out” problem. I didn’t have any traction roll issues yesterday but it still felt like I couldn’t push it hard. Suspension needs a little work because of the harsh landing after a big table top if not landed perfectly. Just looking for minor tweaks to try.
Old 11-12-2023, 11:46 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ollie 45

This is it for the most part. I don’t have the B74 hubs and have 2mm pistons. I also had 30k diff fluid, diff was low on fluid and refilled with 50k just to try it. I tried ride heights from 15mm to 19mm and could not stop the “diffing out” problem. I didn’t have any traction roll issues yesterday but it still felt like I couldn’t push it hard. Suspension needs a little work because of the harsh landing after a big table top if not landed perfectly. Just looking for minor tweaks to try.
same tires as that sheet? I’m a bit confused about his sheet, specifically the rear camber link (roll center) adjustments. Have you tried the one I posted? Even with stock pistons it was definitely in the track, tons of grip and tons of steering.

also, I believe that sheet has an error, rear hub height should be hole high/axle low. The setup sheet reads backwards.. the pictured insert doesn’t match the description
Old 11-12-2023, 11:58 AM
Tech Master

I am running swagger fronts and pin down rears
Old 11-12-2023, 12:48 PM
Tech Master

I am running swagger fronts and pin down rears
have you tried closed cell foams in the fronts? I started running them last year and noticed it allowed me to lean on the truck in the turns much harder. The foams don’t collapse like open cell, the truck stays predicable in hairpins or sweepers, the bite feels the same.
Old 11-12-2023, 01:44 PM
Tech Master

have you tried closed cell foams in the fronts? I started running them last year and noticed it allowed me to lean on the truck in the turns much harder. The foams don’t collapse like open cell, the truck stays predicable in hairpins or sweepers, the bite feels the same.
Actually yes i have and really like them. I'm trying to get it setup and ready for the carpet National race in Cleveland in a couple of weeks. I might be way over my head going to this big of a race, but hey, i only live once.
Old 11-13-2023, 08:00 AM
Tech Champion

Actually yes i have and really like them. I'm trying to get it setup and ready for the carpet National race in Cleveland in a couple of weeks. I might be way over my head going to this big of a race, but hey, i only live once.
The cool thing about races that you have a 0% chance of podium'ing.......you can just relax and have fun. No pressure.
ollie 45 likes this.
Old 11-13-2023, 08:12 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Zerodefect
The cool thing about races that you have a 0% chance of podium'ing.......you can just relax and have fun. No pressure.
And that's what i need to remind myself going into it. Just chill out and have fun, and enjoy watching some really fast guys.
But in all reality i'm sure I'll be shaking like a leaf battling for 5th in the F main, lol

I'd be happy just to make a C main. I'm sure i'll fit in with some other racers, just not sure where. Looking forward to it.
aaron2u likes this.
Old 11-13-2023, 10:42 AM
Tech Champion

I'm way faster when I don't give a care.

A half second a lap easy, offroad. And I never care onroad.
Old 11-13-2023, 01:35 PM
Tech Rookie

Are there any options for more durable front arms? The track I race on has large jumps and is very abrasive, the front arms take a beating,

I've just had both sides of my first set break at the hinge pin in the last week. I've ordered an RPM P/N 81352 skid plate to try and give the area a little more protection.
Old 11-13-2023, 02:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

same tires as that sheet? I’m a bit confused about his sheet, specifically the rear camber link (roll center) adjustments. Have you tried the one I posted? Even with stock pistons it was definitely in the track, tons of grip and tons of steering.

also, I believe that sheet has an error, rear hub height should be hole high/axle low. The setup sheet reads backwards.. the pictured insert doesn’t match the description
Most people run it as Jovy has on the sheet, on carpet.
Old 11-14-2023, 08:43 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MrLean
Most people run it as Jovy has on the sheet, on carpet.
Youre right, I read it backwards. When the T6.4 sheets were first released, the diagram and the description didnt match.

I have attached my setup sheet to this, looks like Jovy and I run very similar setups aside from some roll center and total caster adjustments which are probably the effect of different traction levels. My truck is on rails and turns very smooth. Putting the HT +1 steering plates on really mellowed out the harsh initial turn in the truck had out of the box. For dirt, you most likely need that harsh initial dive in, but with the bite of carpet I felt it needed to be tamed, also why I run closed cell foams up front to keep the tire from rolling over on that initial turn in.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
T6.4-Setup-Sheet-11-4-2023.pdf (1,002.2 KB, 106 views)
ollie 45 likes this.

Last edited by Cinnabun; 11-14-2023 at 08:59 AM.
Old 11-14-2023, 09:04 AM
Tech Master

One thing that i just realized after looking at both setups, Jovy and Cinnabun, I still have a rear anti roll bar attached. I wonder if this could have caused the truck not to roll enough in the corners??
I also want to double check my bellcrank position, i am running the same bulkhead, caster blocks and inserts as you Cinnabun. So total caster at the wheel should be 27.5.
I also just ordered some 2.5,, blank pistons, the +2 rear ballstud mount and the Avid -2 C block.
This will give me the chance to go through and double check the whole truck and run it atleast one weekend before we head out of town.

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated. I love this T6.4 section along with the B6.4 group as well, lots of knowledge and good people!
Old 11-14-2023, 09:33 AM
Tech Master

One thing that i just realized after looking at both setups, Jovy and Cinnabun, I still have a rear anti roll bar attached. I wonder if this could have caused the truck not to roll enough in the corners??
I also want to double check my bellcrank position, i am running the same bulkhead, caster blocks and inserts as you Cinnabun. So total caster at the wheel should be 27.5.
I also just ordered some 2.5,, blank pistons, the +2 rear ballstud mount and the Avid -2 C block.
This will give me the chance to go through and double check the whole truck and run it atleast one weekend before we head out of town.

Thanks for all the help guys, much appreciated. I love this T6.4 section along with the B6.4 group as well, lots of knowledge and good people!
yes, caster and rack position are a difference between our setups. I run 27.5* of caster which calls for a low rack height for the right bumpsteer geometry. I am going to play around with 30* caster also, but I wouldnt recommend 30* if youre running an aggressive tire like the fuzzbite on the front. 30* caster will also require the rack to be shimmed down additional 2mm.

Im also playing around with lowering the inner ballstud on the front camber link to add a bit of push on corner exit. Its much easier to me, to drive a car with a small amount of push. Again, I dont want to recommend these 2 changes above to someone looking for a solid setup just yet. I havent spent enough time with the truck on the track to get it dialed in just yet.
Old 11-28-2023, 06:30 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Anyone tried using the revolution design T6.2 chassis on there rc10t6.4 yet? I bought one trying to determine if its going to be with the struggle getting everything fit up to it...
Old 12-07-2023, 12:10 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kraig
My understanding is you use the complete buggy front shocks with a buggy front tower and the stiffest buggy spring sold. Then you need to bend a 1.4mm bar and source the necessary pieces to mount it to the top of the front top plate. I think Spencer is using some mounts from the TC7 to secure it but you still need the rest of the hardware to secure it to the arms. Or you can try the thicker front bars sold by Revolution Design. Their largest bar might bind in the front ballstud mount and if it does it will obviously affect performance.

The rear shocks are a mixture of truck bodies and buggy rear shafts but they use the truck rear springs, and the buggy rear tower. From the pictures I have seen they are also running a rear bar but I don’t know the size.

I purchased my towers from Factory Foote.
https://factoryfoote.com/

I haven’t run my truck on dirt yet but hopefully later this week I can.
Kraig,
Have you ran your truck with the buggy towers and shock setup yet? I am looking at installing those towers and shock setup on my truck but with a carpet setup very soon and wondered what your thoughts were.
Thanks.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.