Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Retro_Guy
anyone know whos behind that account?
no idea but would be nice to know
Old 05-31-2022, 06:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I'm a little surprised that none of the manufacturers have their own track or wouldn't consider this an opportunity to open one. Even A Main Hobbies, they already use warehouse space, buying or leasing another or larger site would benefit them and add some stability to the local track situation?

Edit: Uh, a quick Google maps check just taught me that Chico (AMain) is an 8hr drive from Huntington Beach. So, ya never mind that one. Hope there is a new track for ya'll in So Cal.

Last edited by HeavyD99; 05-31-2022 at 06:26 PM.
Old 05-31-2022, 07:38 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by HeavyD99
I'm a little surprised that none of the manufacturers have their own track or wouldn't consider this an opportunity to open one. Even A Main Hobbies, they already use warehouse space, buying or leasing another or larger site would benefit them and add some stability to the local track situation?

Edit: Uh, a quick Google maps check just taught me that Chico (AMain) is an 8hr drive from Huntington Beach. So, ya never mind that one. Hope there is a new track for ya'll in So Cal.
2 to 2 1/2hours north of Los Angeles in Bakersfield, Rain-man's Hobby races Wednesdays and Friday nights
HeavyD99 likes this.
Old 05-31-2022, 08:14 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

FWIW, I passively keep track of R/C tracks in SoCal: List of SoCal Tracks

I sincerely hope something new comes this year; SoCal has been losing tracks on almost a yearly basis since I started the thread a few years ago. I hope they find something closer to Los Angeles (personal wish), but something new in a decent area where my catalytic converters won't get stolen would be nice.
Retro_Guy likes this.

Last edited by RCBuddha; 05-31-2022 at 08:24 PM.
Old 05-31-2022, 08:14 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

right? I live literally 2 minutes from the team associated hq… why there isn’t a “test facility” is beyond me… so many local companies… exotec has taken over the local asphalt track and have really turned it around.
HeavyD99, Rcdad42 and garnt like this.
Old 06-01-2022, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Tamiya has an amazing facility in Japan, the Tamiya Kakegawa Circuit. Team Associated's parent company (TT) should build a similar facility in the US. Even if it was simply an indoor warehouse/OCRC like track space. Just my opinion. While we are at it, someone needs to build an RC Hall of Fame. Imagine the history of the hobby, equipment, IFMAR Worlds champions etc.

Last edited by HeavyD99; 06-01-2022 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Tamiya Kakegawa Circuit
Old 06-01-2022, 05:36 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Tamiya has an amazing facility in Japan. Team Associated's parent company (TT) should build a similar facility in the US. Even if it was simply an indoor warehouse/OCRC like track space. Just my opinion. While we are at it, someone needs to build an RC Hall of Fame. Imagine the history of the hobby, equipment, IFMAR Worlds champions etc.
Tamiya had a track in California. They sold it few years back.
Rcdad42 likes this.
Old 06-01-2022, 02:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Retro_Guy
heard some low level whispers about so cal raceway coming back. can anyone "in the know" give that a yay or nay?
Are you referring to Cal Raceway in Orange?
Old 06-01-2022, 02:37 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Ninetyeight740
there is someone on the gram with the username 714raceway saying they have been checking out buildings… something is coming
If that account is still active, its gone private.

My guess is that it was a LARP.
Old 06-01-2022, 07:30 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by BigBuckORamma
If that account is still active, its gone private.

My guess is that it was a LARP.
still active
Old 06-01-2022, 08:56 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Billy Kelly
Tamiya had a track in California. They sold it few years back.
that was the main reason i sold my TRF and went off road for OCRC, now OCRC took a dump... so now what ughhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-01-2022, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by woofenstein
Cal Raceway is in the city of Orange. Tamiya's track was is Alisa Viejo. Both were located in Orange county.

Many OCRc refugees have migrated over to Huckleberry.
Old 06-02-2022, 05:49 AM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by fast_gc8
that was the main reason i sold my TRF and went off road for OCRC, now OCRC took a dump... so now what ughhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Can’t help there. I’m 1/2 way across the country. I would suggest that if it does reopen, as some have mentioned as a carpet track. Gotta give it a chance. We going through this in my area. A clay track closed and now, 2 years later new owners have opened as a carpet track. Getting the don’t like carpet reaction from a lot. And some from carpet racers that don’t like the choice of carpet
Old 06-12-2022, 12:21 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by woofenstein
no, im referring to so cal rc raceway. it was in huntington beach. they lost there lease and closed in probably 2008
i kind of miss that place. they were originally in garden grove and me and my friends used to go there to hang out and sometimes drive on the track

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.