Search
Like Tree43Likes

Team Associated RC8B4e

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2022, 07:18 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Skynet5
Yeah. Not sure how this works for UK folks. 22min finals are typical at club level, Shrewsbury does even longer I think.

I guess associated are happy to lose the UK market?
Do you know someone with a 3D printer? If so, have them print you this.
https://img2.associatedelectrics.com...20printing.zip

It can be found on this page.
https://www.associatedelectrics.com/...anuals_setups/

You could also source it from Shapeways but I don't know how economical it is for you.
https://www.shapeways.com/product/FS...77359&li=shops
Old 06-06-2022, 05:50 PM
Tech Legend

Trader Rating: 294 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MX304
22 mininute finals?!?! Never mind the battery, how do you keep the motor and esc from burning up? I can run 15 min max before I start reaching temps that will damage electronics. Of course we probably race in much hotter ambient temperatures than you do.
Remember back in the day doing 20 minute mains with that 6000mah "20C" maxamps pack when that was considered a "big" battery and we can get pretty hot here.

The kicker I think is how aggressive we can drive and gear these cars now with better electronics and shorter mains.
Old 06-07-2022, 05:44 AM
Tech Apprentice

Anybody found skid plates that fit?
Old 06-10-2022, 10:06 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Gero
Anybody found skid plates that fit?
Any of the skid plates that fit the B3.2e will work. I've got the DE ones. (front bumper and rear skid)
Old 06-11-2022, 03:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

AE needs to include a longer battery tray as standard equipment. Those shorty batteries will not hold up in the heat.
Old 06-12-2022, 08:34 AM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
AE needs to include a longer battery tray as standard equipment. Those shorty batteries will not hold up in the heat.
I can’t think of a reason why battery format would have a significant impact on their ability to perform in heat, so long as capacity and c-rating are adequate to withstand the loads. AE’s HQ is in Southern California where it gets quite hot and from what I can see, short packs are in widespread use. I trust they’ve tested this extensively.
Cain and petersen114 like this.

Last edited by Davidka; 06-17-2022 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-17-2022, 07:54 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by platgof
I run outdoors in Alabama heat with 4s shortys since they came out....no issues here.
platgof and Grantura like this.
Old 06-17-2022, 01:41 PM
Tech Adept

So I went out testing today for the first track test of the rc8b4e and i feel the front of the chassis digs in way bad. The track has a kicker and the bumper would literally gouge the face, as well as the face of a fast triple too. Is anyone else having issues like this. I ran my Serpent E buggy, as well as my Nitro buggy, SCTE3.0 and B74 and no other car i have digs the jump faces and landings like this. I tried several changes, to try and help, but even with the front end almost at full extension at ride height, it still did it. I feel like the front block and chassis are too far out front of the wheels and not enough chassis kick up.
Old 06-17-2022, 03:25 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MidwestRacer
So I went out testing today for the first track test of the rc8b4e and i feel the front of the chassis digs in way bad. The track has a kicker and the bumper would literally gouge the face, as well as the face of a fast triple too. Is anyone else having issues like this. I ran my Serpent E buggy, as well as my Nitro buggy, SCTE3.0 and B74 and no other car i have digs the jump faces and landings like this. I tried several changes, to try and help, but even with the front end almost at full extension at ride height, it still did it. I feel like the front block and chassis are too far out front of the wheels and not enough chassis kick up.
How is it handling everywhere else?

You might try adding some kick angle to the front arms. This has an anti squat effect under power. It might make entry steering more aggressive too.

You may also try moving the shock to the outer hole on the front arm if you’re not already.
Old 06-17-2022, 04:30 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Davidka
How is it handling everywhere else?

You might try adding some kick angle to the front arms. This has an anti squat effect under power. It might make entry steering more aggressive too.

You may also try moving the shock to the outer hole on the front arm if you’re not already.
The car handles really well. I tried shocks in all positions, tried fluid and pack changes, tire choice, changing pills to help, nothing stopped the issue. Even making it basically work poorly and push by running the front end way to high. The biggest issue is that when i jump nose down as i prefer to limit air time, it digs in and slows the car at the bottom of the transition. I will try some more stuff this weekend at the race, but i am not sure it will be curable.
Old 06-19-2022, 02:08 PM
Tech Regular

Default Lipo mah size minimum?

Hello. Would 5500mah shorties be enough for this buggy with a 1900kv or 2150kv motor for a 10 minute main? Thanks
Old 06-19-2022, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

I was able to install a regular 4s battery by trimming the rear of the battery tray. It was a tight fit and never came loose even after a cartwheel and 6x6 mailbox post. The esc did not make it. Nevertheless, I have ordered a 4 s shorty and will also order a new esc.
Old 06-19-2022, 04:57 PM
Tech Elite

This car is stupid fast. I need to settle the front end, but the lighter shorty will probably help with that!
Old 06-19-2022, 05:01 PM
Tech Elite

Old 06-19-2022, 05:52 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 81 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MidwestRacer
The car handles really well. I tried shocks in all positions, tried fluid and pack changes, tire choice, changing pills to help, nothing stopped the issue. Even making it basically work poorly and push by running the front end way to high. The biggest issue is that when i jump nose down as i prefer to limit air time, it digs in and slows the car at the bottom of the transition. I will try some more stuff this weekend at the race, but i am not sure it will be curable.
One thing you didn't mention was springs. Did you try them?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.