Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Losi 8ight Pics

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Adept

I've never really liked nitro cars and the look of 1/8 buggies hasn't ever appealed to me but this one looks great.
Cant wait for the Aussie importers to get hold of it.
For those who asked about the shock towers on the Losi 1/8 nitro buggy talk thread at the bottom it says that they will be aluminium.
Also there's acouple of nice pics of the body.
Old 04-07-2006, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

For the record Mr. Waldron this "armchair engineer" thinks the new buggy looks KILLER!!
Old 04-07-2006, 10:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 34 (100%+)
Default my $.02

If you ask me...this is a 'controlled leak' straight from Losi. Interesting that Doug D's chimed in to keep things positive and not revealing his spy shot sources...

I could be off. I've been wrong before...I'll be wrong again

Don't get me wrong, it's all good...
Old 04-07-2006, 10:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Theres nothing "spy" about the photos.....Losi annonced earlier this week on their webpage that the car would be shown at the Winter Off-Road Champs this weekend in Florida...April 5-9 2006
Old 04-07-2006, 10:57 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 62 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TC_Tuner
If you ask me...this is a 'controlled leak' straight from Losi. Interesting that Doug D's chimed in to keep things positive and not revealing his spy shot sources...

I could be off. I've been wrong before...I'll be wrong again

Don't get me wrong, it's all good...
Yeah dude, your totally wrong!.....I could only wish at being on Team Losi's Payroll...
Old 04-07-2006, 11:13 PM
Tech Addict

Threads like this crack me up! Hang in their Aaron W. The proto looks good.
Old 04-08-2006, 12:21 AM
Tech Legend

Heard the tower`s r made of a new composite designed by losi.....

very light & very strong....
Old 04-08-2006, 02:33 AM
Tech Elite

To all that liked my post...thanks! Haha...kinda kicking myself for it, but it wasn't too bad. Plus...writing is my thing

SpeedBump - I shouldn't have even clicked on this thread to read it...haha

Tall Can - Being an armchair engineer is different when you're actually an engineer!

***UPDATE*** on the other thread for the 8ight, an "undercover" source let it be known that the shock towers will be aluminum. So ya'll can sleep soundly tonight...ok?

Platinum - The whole car looks like hex hardware? Losi has always used hex machine screws for their cars. I think the bend in the air filter boot is probably to fit the filter inside the body.

What makes a car look like a basher vs. a race car?

binary terror - Jr. doesn't race much anymore..that's not his thing. Jukka has made the A-main at races like Silver State, the ROAR Nationals, and I THINK he made the final at the Euros?

SAE hardware because it's a U.S. car, and all of Losi's race cars have been SAE. I doubt this car will live or die by that decision, but it's a decision Losi made.

A car that works for the factory drivers will work for the average racer. You can't beat the world's best driving the world's best equipment if your own stuff isn't up to par.

The LST and LST2, although badged as Team Losi (Sport), are not made by Team Losi, at Team Losi. I agree the original truck had a few teething issues and the LST2 is better, and I would love to help you straighten out any other issues you have with the truck over e-mail.

rocket42 - Associated's "Stealth" buggy had the front shock tower moved forward, not the shocks moved back. You can prototype anything you want (dual disk slipper, etc.) but if you can't make it work and release it to the public, what good is it?

Losi had the first mass-produced truck kit (the JRX-T). Sure..people were racing "trucks" before that, but it's like giving GS the credit for really starting the "truggy" class because it wasn't the first hack job conversion kit.

Doug D - This is a message board..everything is subjective! haha

And no...I don't think a bunch of blue goodies are worth anything on the stop watch!

RCmayor - The car has been run before...so I'd venture to say there's nothing wrong with the fuel tank.

The buggy will have traction...it's 4wd, it has no choice but to have traction!

What makes you think it will break? 1/8th scale buggies can afford to have huge, beefy parts on them with no weight penalty. If Losi has gone so far as to start using a different plastic, I think we'll be fine. After all, Losi's gas truck can last an hour, buggy shouldn't be a problem!

Last edited by Aaron Waldron; 04-08-2006 at 02:45 AM.
Old 04-08-2006, 05:30 AM
Tech Adept

Aaron thanks for the reply, I'll have my friend contact you on here, he's the one with the LST2, actually theres about 3 of them that all have the same problems.

I know Jukka didn't race at SilverState, but Drake did and since we know he will likely have much input on the car, we can assume it should be good.

I'll hold the rest of my criticisms for something more production ready (though it looks quite done to me). I do ask, can you clarify the Aluminum tower thing? See people are saying they are aluminum on here, but they could also be aluminum machined pieces to take place of plastic ones since they are so highly machined as if to replicate a plastic mold.
Old 04-08-2006, 07:27 AM
Tech Adept

i like it, looks sorta cheap but who cares right?.... Team Losi stuff is always top notch.
Old 04-08-2006, 08:35 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

The choice of SAE hardware may be more of a hindrance than you hope...

1/8 buggy is a class that is growing worldwide in popularity. SAE hardware is in limited supply outside of the US. The 1:1 scale automakers even realise this and use metric hardware on the majority of their cars and on their internal assembly equipment.

It's good to see more entries into the class. As for the armchair engineering, the naysayers are every bit as justified as those who are expressing that it is the next big thing...Until it is released and in action people are just guessing.

Also....my memory is a bit foggy..it was a long time ago..but....didn't MIP originate the 3 gear tranny??
Old 04-08-2006, 09:11 AM
Tech Elite

I hope they use 5-40 screws on the shock mounts. 4-40's would break to easy. Hell, even 3mm screws (bigger then 4-40) will break or bend here and there.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

nice looking buggy, but i don't like seeing all of that plastic. since it's probably the prototype, they will incorporate more alloy stuff here and there, like (hint, hint losi ) chassis braces, steering brace, SHOCK TOWERS (can't believe they're not on there already), and diff assembly.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:37 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

i'm not a buggy guy, i was running my onroad, but it was running at revalation raceway yesterday and it looked pretty dialed. they said hope to release in july. looked really good and fast on the track, but i don't know much about buggys offroad etc. made me want to get into 8th scale offroad by watching it run.
Old 04-08-2006, 09:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (100%+)

Pffff. The LST2 is hands down THE best MT on the market today!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.