Search
Like Tree1Likes

*SOCAL raceway* offroad thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-11-2006, 08:25 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RC Guru
actually..it was kinda freaky. cuz me and lil aj (he was showing me the scene) and we saw some guy dressed all in black. we got freaked out cuz he was coming torwards us...i so i got scared and ran. aj ran too. it was freaky cuz he was coming close to us..hopefully he wasnt one of those gang members...might be one of em loitering to see if anyone was looking at the scene and to see if he could get an idea who turned his fellow gang members in...im not sure if this is true. but it was freaky. so we just ran inside as quick as we could.

yea hopefully it was just a rumor that he was killed.

btw, i wasnt at socal on friday. aj, kyle's sister, and kyle's dad told me about it.

PS. JASON! i accidently forgot to give you back your body scissors! ill give em back the next time i see you. hopefully next saturday. sorry. i put em on my table, and totally forgot to give em back after dremeling the wing you gav e me

So you're the kid I talked to yesterday? You asked me if I ran truck and I said I didn't... Am I right?
Old 06-11-2006, 10:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

The incident that occured is a harsh reminder of the world some of us live in. Hopefully, the "homicide-rumor" is just a rumor and all were able (and will be able) to walk away from what happened Friday evening.
Not to take away from the attention or concern from the Friday night gang violence, but I had a blast today (Sunday). 4wd Mod was great and I look forward to coming back.
Old 06-11-2006, 11:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 117 (100%+)

Originally Posted by killer89
So you're the kid I talked to yesterday? You asked me if I ran truck and I said I didn't... Am I right?
ROFL, seriously thats u? HAHAHAHAHAH. sup man.

gj running yesterday..i might join you one day. rofl...wait..no i cant cuz i dont run brushed motors. rofl. i have to run brushless sedan class ><

btw, i never caught your name.... just to let you know if u dont know already..mine is valentin. PSST. im not a kid!!

Old 06-11-2006, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

yea 4wd is fun. i drove jason's 4wd. its so different. but i like 2wd better. more in the direction of my driving style in my opinion..
Old 06-11-2006, 11:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by RC Guru
ROFL, seriously thats u? HAHAHAHAHAH. sup man.

gj running yesterday..i might join you one day. rofl...wait..no i cant cuz i dont run brushed motors. rofl. i have to run brushless sedan class ><

btw, i never caught your name.... just to let you know if u dont know already..mine is valentin. PSST. im not a kid!!

Kyle and I shouldn't have been in Novice. Kyle had never raced onroad before and I had only raced with a really nice Xray. Kyle decided to sign up for novice and I signed up for it too because I figured the TC3 with a front diff would be slow... It was kinda slow at first, but after some setup changes and time on the car, both kyle and I should have been in intermediate.

Whats wrong with brushed motors?

I'm Erik btw, and why aren't you a kid? If you're not a kid, then what are you?
Old 06-12-2006, 06:54 AM
Tech Elite

rofl. IM A MAN! eh i guess 15 is considered a kid? rofl...i look young dont i. thats a good thing.

anyway, nothing wong with brushed motors. i just dont run em, which means i can run in the novice class.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Tech Initiate

Default Hello LosiRacer,Killer89, and RCguru

Hey guys,

Yes, it is me. The only Jason D you guys know ( I think ). I did tell JasonB that I would be under this name, except for the number 7. I had to include the number 7 to be unique.

Where have you been , LosiRacer ? I was watching the race on Sunday, and actually wished that I 've brought my buggies. The 4wd class was missing talents like Killer89. A friend even said: " Hell, you would 've been a contender !"

Killer89, I can't get my XXX4 dialed. I am faster with my B4 Even a newbie that I 've never seen before said : " you're better with your 2wd, the 4wd was all over the place." I think my front foams are too soft and my receiver is glitching. When I hammer it on the straight away, it would get squirelly and requires steering adjustment input.

RCGuru, I should be there this comming Saturday, you can give me back my scissor then.
Old 06-12-2006, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JasonD7
Hey guys,

Yes, it is me. The only Jason D you guys know ( I think ). I did tell JasonB that I would be under this name, except for the number 7. I had to include the number 7 to be unique.

Where have you been , LosiRacer ? I was watching the race on Sunday, and actually wished that I 've brought my buggies. The 4wd class was missing talents like Killer89. A friend even said: " Hell, you would 've been a contender !"

Killer89, I can't get my XXX4 dialed. I am faster with my B4 Even a newbie that I 've never seen before said : " you're better with your 2wd, the 4wd was all over the place." I think my front foams are too soft and my receiver is glitching. When I hammer it on the straight away, it would get squirelly and requires steering adjustment input.

Jason: A solution to the XXX4 being to squirelly is to buy a Lazer ZX5 from me... Seriously...
Old 06-12-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JasonD7

RCGuru, I should be there this comming Saturday, you can give me back my scissor then.

If you're coming Saturday, don't expect to be able to run your cars... The offroad track is CLOSED Saturday
Old 06-12-2006, 06:21 PM
Tech Elite

If you're coming Saturday, don't expect to be able to run your cars... The offroad track is CLOSED Saturday
WHOA WHOA. WHY?!?!?
*edit* OVAL EVENT! hahahahha! well ill be stopping by anyway. ill bring my tc3 with me. looks like ill be drifting or just dragging in the parking lot.

about jason's xxx-4...seriously..his buggy was dialed, then un-dialed, then sloppy, and then not sloppy. lol it was hilarious.

btw eric, i do not live only a few blocks south..its atleast a 20-25 minute drive.
Old 06-13-2006, 05:08 PM
Tech Elite

anyone going to the onroad oval event on saturday? i will probably go. i will bring my tc3 to bash with. DRRIIIFFTT xD

what are the rules to run in the oval comp? hahaha someone let me borrow some tires. and ill race
Old 06-13-2006, 07:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

Jason: A solution to the XXX4 being to squirelly is to buy a Lazer ZX5 from me... Seriously...
boo! ;-)
Old 06-13-2006, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

has anyone been driving the the yokomo off road 4wd, i was thinking aobut picking one up to come play in dirt .
Old 06-13-2006, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

the yokomos should be pretty nice. but remember, its open belt. one pebble, rock, or watever can catch in there..SNAP! you should try something like the bj4 or the zx-5 since they are shaft drive. from seeing jason (different jason) drive his xxx-4, its nice and fast, and i like it. the only thing is sometimes, he seems to break stuff alot. (not saying jason doesnt have good driving skills) but yea. get the bj4 or zx-5, you will be alot happier
Old 06-13-2006, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 120 (100%+)

yeah i have had the bj4 already, i think it may be possible to close in the rear tranny covers on the yok. with a little fabrication and lexan or even simple AE chassie protect sheet . i hope to know by friday if ill be picking up a yok or not,

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.