• 1 Post By St. George
  • 1 Post By St. George

Beadlocks with Small Tires

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2021, 02:58 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Default Beadlocks with Small Tires

I put some tiny 1/16 Summit tires on a set of 2.2" beadlocks I picked up. It's nice not having to mess with glue!

AHR43 likes this.
Old 01-16-2021, 03:56 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hey St.G, nice looking rig. Is that a TRX chassis under the body? If so, what is the body? I've got a Rustler that could use a street savy body. It's cool. Agree gluing tires can be a bit of a pain at times. Tried a set of bead locks once and they were o.k. for low speed applications. Cheers. 'AC'
Old 01-16-2021, 04:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AHR43
Hey St.G, nice looking rig. Is that a TRX chassis under the body? If so, what is the body? I've got a Rustler that could use a street savy body. It's cool. Agree gluing tires can be a bit of a pain at times. Tried a set of bead locks once and they were o.k. for low speed applications. Cheers. 'AC'
Hello, it's an LCG 2wd Slash. The body is a McAllister Racing Ascot. The beadlocks I use work great at high speed. Which ones have you used?
Old 01-16-2021, 07:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by St. George
Hello, it's an LCG 2wd Slash. The body is a McAllister Racing Ascot. The beadlocks I use work great at high speed. Which ones have you used?
Set of Gmade beadlocks. Had them as rears on my Rusty when it was doing duty as a trail rider. Too much rotating and unsprung weight to use on Rusty now-she's running a tight grass track oval. Think they're in storage up in the attic. Now that you ask, haven't seen them in a long time.

I'll check out that body. May be its too wide for a ST since its on a SC chassis. Looks good on yours, though. Have a '41 Willys body I've wanted to mount to something for a long time. Like yours better. Puts me in mind of a '38 Ford-which was a favorite of mine back in the '60s. Cheers and good luck. 'AC'

Last edited by AHR43; 01-16-2021 at 07:56 PM. Reason: add a couple of sentences
Old 01-17-2021, 06:16 AM
Tech Fanatic

Back on subject. Betting those smaller D tires really slams the chassis to the ground. Corner better does it, St. Geo?

What pinion/spur gearing did you end up with to compensate for the smaller diameter tires? Were you able to gear high enough to make up the speed loss from the larger diameter OEM tire set? You said you're getting good speed out of the conversion.

Cheers. 'AC'
Old 01-17-2021, 08:23 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by AHR43
Back on subject. Betting those smaller D tires really slams the chassis to the ground. Corner better does it, St. Geo?

What pinion/spur gearing did you end up with to compensate for the smaller diameter tires? Were you able to gear high enough to make up the speed loss from the larger diameter OEM tire set? You said you're getting good speed out of the conversion.

Cheers. 'AC'
I'll have to check my gearing. It tears around the backyard quite well and does not tip over easily. The body I have would be too long for a Rustler.
AHR43 likes this.