Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Hyper 8 ... good or bad?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2006, 02:50 PM
Tech Adept

Default Hyper 8 ... good or bad?

hey guys im looking into getting a hyper 8, i need to kno if there good??... i had a ofna 9.5 pro, had TONES of trouble with it, would i get the same outta the hyper 8??
Old 03-21-2006, 02:55 PM
Tech Regular

9.5 was from a different manufacturer (though same distributor) they are tottaly different car to the hyper range of cars. also the 9.5 is over 5 years old.

the hyper8 is a pure race buggy.
Old 03-22-2006, 01:53 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just got mine in the mail yesterday...looks freakin awesome!!! full adjustability and low mounts for everything. very light too!
Old 04-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

i think that would be a good buggy.
Old 04-02-2006, 02:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

A guy at my track jsut got one and did pretty good actually. Although he did snap a shock shaft in the main when he didnt hit anything.
Old 04-03-2006, 01:11 AM
Tech Apprentice

Hello,

I need some advice.
I have two race ready hyper 7 buggies, which are rather good. But i recently had a race and the lower arm was just teared where the shaft is, so was the arm block after another crash... XB8 buggies are very popular here, in europe, and i saw none broke their arms or something else.
So i feel a need to upgrade my old buggie.
The problem is what to choose, the new H8 looks nice but i see people complain (snapped chubs, steering rod bolts cracked) and their is the new XB8 TQ, which is rather popular here.
I would choose the XB8, but for the price, i can buy 1 xb8 and some spares, or 2 H8.
Any suggestions what to choose ?
Thank you
Old 04-03-2006, 01:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Hyper8 is a totally different breed from Hyper7, though some parts are
inherited from it.

I'm most impressed by its toughness & quality considering the prices,
compared to my previous Kyosho 7.5. No complaint here, except the
radio box cover though looks cool in alum. but sucks !.
Old 04-03-2006, 03:58 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

The hyper 7 diffs will work in the hyper 8. It will probably be my next weapon of choice.
Old 04-03-2006, 04:26 AM

Originally Posted by Taurius
Hello,

I need some advice.
I have two race ready hyper 7 buggies, which are rather good. But i recently had a race and the lower arm was just teared where the shaft is, so was the arm block after another crash... XB8 buggies are very popular here, in europe, and i saw none broke their arms or something else.
So i feel a need to upgrade my old buggie.
The problem is what to choose, the new H8 looks nice but i see people complain (snapped chubs, steering rod bolts cracked) and their is the new XB8 TQ, which is rather popular here.
I would choose the XB8, but for the price, i can buy 1 xb8 and some spares, or 2 H8.
Any suggestions what to choose ?
Thank you

XB8R is cheap and good enough, but if you're not in need of cash then go for the XB8.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

The upgrades that come with the XB8 are worth more then the difference between the xb8 and xb8r. And if i decide to buy, i want to have the most up to date buggy, that i wouldn't regret my choice You buy the cheaper version and then want the better thing and only waste money...
Anyway, thanks for the input.
My only concern is, is the price difference between H8 and XB8 TQ only for the name, or quality/durability/performance. The race showed that i can easily keep up with pace of xb8, the only problem was the strengh during a crash.
Old 04-03-2006, 06:41 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Wink They all have their faults.

I have both cars and the price is right on the H8. I have seen Kyosho arms on the H8. Shock shafts are just as strong as anything. You can do alot of premium upgrades and still be under the cost of most buggies.
The buggy seems very planted in the rear.
I'll post later about performance.
Break in today.
Race Tuesday.
I'll keep you updated.
Old 04-03-2006, 07:29 AM
Tech Apprentice

Will be waiting for the update.
I understand that you can upgrade and so on, but when the buggy sets you up it just makes me angry...In my opinion, a buggy must be made good from the start, and not changing some parts from others and so on. I like the way my h7 handles and is done, but the plastics just aren't good enough, the place where the shaft is just got pulled away, same happined to the rear block..just curiuos, is it the same in h8 ar they have improved it. Because i already see post where people complain that something got broken.

Last edited by Taurius; 04-03-2006 at 08:26 AM.
Old 04-12-2006, 05:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The Hyper8 was good enough to have three in the show at last weekend's SilverState race. If you saw pics of the blown out track, I'd have to say the Hyper8 did very well. I really like the new Hyper8.
Old 04-12-2006, 07:49 PM
Tech Regular

the hyper 8 is a awsome car, there is no need to change the arms because the stock ones are stiff and light. you see all cars break it just depends on the driver. i think you hear a few things about the 8 is because they come assembled and people who do not take the time to go thru the car before they drive it have problems. factory assembly has gotten better over the years but they can't beat a experienced racers build. for example the turnbuckles are slotted similar to the ones on the associated cars. so if you line all the slots up you always adjust your turnbuckles the same way. my car came from the factory without the turnbuckles built this way. i went thru my car before i drove it and took my time getting it right and have had no problems with my car it handles awsome and is a blast to drive. every chance i go out with it i improve the setup and the car gets better.
Old 04-12-2006, 09:14 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

My hyper 8 is awesome running kortz set up with longer rear links and hyper 7 rear uprights also drilled a extra hole on the arm to move the shock in for better stability, front springs are dark blue from a sp2 and the rear are kyosho light blue front shock oil is 50 with drilled pistons with a 1/16 bit, rear oil is 30 with pistons drilled to 1/16