Search
Like Tree6Likes

Tekno SC210RT shortcourse conversion forum

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2020, 12:01 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sea1swk
There was talk about running 2 gears in the diff. How you do that? Just remove 2 gears? Or you have to cut the X thing that holds the 4 gears down? Any advice on plus/minus. My thoughts are I liked the savings of weight of the Graphite gears, about 9 grams per diff. But my 4wd 13.5 buggy started eating them. But 2 metal in the diff, hmmmm.
it's as simple as taking out 2 gears!!
I'm currently running 5k with 2 gear in the rear of my 2wd sct. So basically the 5k kinda feel like 3k.
You just have to try it and play with the different fluid and get the feel. I like the consistent feel from having a little more volume in the diff.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:32 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Lowe's48

what is the purpose of the plate at the Bottom rear Of the chassis and what materials did you use? Looks like it is used for the droop screws?
Old 07-04-2020, 01:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

I have posted some of my concerns/disappointment with the new ProStar ET210 Short Course Truck (SCT) conversion kit on the Tekno EB410.2 thread, one being the lack of tabs for the rear droop screws. I sent ProStar a detailed email documenting those concerns and recommendations for making their product world class like those marketed by Tekno and Team Associated - sadly to date no response! To be honest the chassis itself (other than the droop screws) is awesome offering much flexibility for my experimenting and projects - only the documentation for adding those option parts is lacking - IMO VERY LACKING!. With their lack of response, I started experimenting and found better, stronger, and simpler ways to do the Front and Rear bumpers USING MOSTLY TEKNO PARTS, and identified alternative body mounts than the option parts offered by ProStar (although the recommended Tekno SCT410.3 body mounts will work; they require extensive modification and the rear mounts after modification may not work with your SCT body). I did find a different non Tekno rear body mount in my parts box made by Pro Line that works better than the modified Tekno part but I have no Idea what the PL part number is, so I suggest you contact ProStar and find out what rear body mount they use in their picture (similar to what is used by Lowe'48s in his picture below) and purchase that item rather than using the Tekno body mount for the rear.

I posted those modifications using mostly Tekno SCT410 parts on the Tekno RC ET410 thread. Instead of reposting them here, I just refer anyone interested to check out that thrread if you want your ProStar SCT210 SCT to be TEKNO STRONG! If interested, PM me and I will email you pictures of the modifications.

After seeing the pictures below I bought some material and will fashion a plate similar to what Lowe's48 did so I can use the rear set screws. Thanks for the idea!

Last edited by John Wallace2; 07-04-2020 at 01:26 PM.
Old 07-06-2020, 11:46 AM
Tech Addict

I put the 2wd on hold for now. Thoughts:

- Love my eb410.2.
- Purchased a 2nd eb410.2, and made a et410.2
- Took my old Cobra 4wd SCT, et410 and eb410 and, a Prostar chassis, eb410.2 updates (ABCD blocks, 3.5 pins), and made my new 4wd SCT.
- Was going to build a 2wd Prostar SCT, but now that there is rumored to be a new et410 coming out, I am going to weight. Maybe I purchase the new ebt410(.2?), and use my made eb410.2 truggy into a new 2wd Prostar.
Dang, I've spent a lot on Tekno's.

Yesterday, 4wd buggy 13.5. Tekno 1st and 2nd! I seem to find pleasure in beating the new TLR's.
My new et410.2 truggy, ran a couple of batteries through it. Fast! I need to stiffen it up and take out some droop. To twichy for me. Did not have a class to race, limited racing at this time.
My new Prostar et410.2 4wd Shortcourse. Super fast and fun to drive on the infield and jumps. But little loose in the sweeper. May be simply practice and no one has swept the clay yet. Practice does not equal racing. Think I am going to put the -2 plates under the bulkheads and lower it from 24mm to maybe 20mm? Might be fun. Even though it felt a bit loose in the sweeper, good chance it would still eat sct410.3 and SCTE 3.0's. Did not have a class to race, limited racing at this time. Also, as I feel bad to how Cobra 4wd chassis et410 shortcouse did last year, going to give myself a handicap. Full body Nova, painted up in Deathproof. Going to 3d print a smoking convoy duck for the hood. The big body may catch air, and slow it down. But cool!
Old 07-06-2020, 02:54 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by sea1swk
I put the 2wd on hold for now. Thoughts:

- Love my eb410.2.
- Purchased a 2nd eb410.2, and made a et410.2
- Took my old Cobra 4wd SCT, et410 and eb410 and, a Prostar chassis, eb410.2 updates (ABCD blocks, 3.5 pins), and made my new 4wd SCT.
- Was going to build a 2wd Prostar SCT, but now that there is rumored to be a new et410 coming out, I am going to weight. Maybe I purchase the new ebt410(.2?), and use my made eb410.2 truggy into a new 2wd Prostar.
Dang, I've spent a lot on Tekno's.

Yesterday, 4wd buggy 13.5. Tekno 1st and 2nd! I seem to find pleasure in beating the new TLR's.
My new et410.2 truggy, ran a couple of batteries through it. Fast! I need to stiffen it up and take out some droop. To twichy for me. Did not have a class to race, limited racing at this time.
My new Prostar et410.2 4wd Shortcourse. Super fast and fun to drive on the infield and jumps. But little loose in the sweeper. May be simply practice and no one has swept the clay yet. Practice does not equal racing. Think I am going to put the -2 plates under the bulkheads and lower it from 24mm to maybe 20mm? Might be fun. Even though it felt a bit loose in the sweeper, good chance it would still eat sct410.3 and SCTE 3.0's. Did not have a class to race, limited racing at this time. Also, as I feel bad to how Cobra 4wd chassis et410 shortcouse did last year, going to give myself a handicap. Full body Nova, painted up in Deathproof. Going to 3d print a smoking convoy duck for the hood. The big body may catch air, and slow it down. But cool!
After the irresponsible youth got this virus spiraling out of control here In San Antonio and got our track closed down by the city, i found another track out a little further away but they don't have 2WD classes, so i may add another drive shaft/diff etc. and make my SC210T a 4wD SCT for that track and convert it back to 2WD for when i go to Austin and run 2WD SCT (My SCT410s are too oval centric for off road).
Old 08-23-2020, 08:20 AM
Tech Adept

Saw a SCT210 at our track this weekend. Truck looked great with minimal tuning changes. Ran laps just as fast as the SC6.1s that frequent the track. I can't wait to see how it runs with a turf specific tune on it. This really has me wanting to get an ET410.2.
Old 02-24-2023, 04:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Anything new going on with this truck?