which hop ups needed on rc18t first?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

which hop ups needed on rc18t first?

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2006, 10:35 AM
Tech Regular

Default which hop ups needed on rc18t first?

i have a stock rc18t that i run on a very technical dirt track. i have a losi frenzy motor but no other hop ups. i think i should get an aluminum steering rack and turnbuckles first but i am wondering what everybody else thinks.
thanks
Old 02-27-2006, 03:07 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

My opinion.......

1. Tighten the servo saver. There is a "how to" somewhere on the web about using one coil off a shock spring slipped over the "C" of the servo saver. Works great. Steering is much more responsive.

2. Get rid of the stock speed control switch. It has a habit of turning itself on and off on bumps, causing the esc to reset and hang at WOT. Very annoying...... I just "hot wired' mine, have to plug/unplug the battery to turn it on and off.

That's it.

Turnbuckles aren't necessary, IMO.
Old 02-27-2006, 07:29 PM
Tech Adept

Definitly do something with the steering, there's all kinds of info about ways to fix it out there, get some CVD's the dogbones and springs come out way too easy!!
Probably don't need turnbuckles right away, maybe threaded shock bodies if you want. Hope this helps.
Old 02-27-2006, 08:25 PM
Tech Regular

thanks for the responses. i fixed the steering by putting two o rings between the servo saver cover and the "spring". there is an article in rc car action this month showing that fix. one of the reasons i wanted turnbuckles is i am running about 2 degrees of toe out on the front which i don't like a bit.i think i will get a motor heat sink because the weight of the truck is way off center towards the batt. side and i think it will even it out a little. i was having problems at the last race with the truck shutting down for a couple seconds when i hit the brakes hard. that might be from that switch. i can fix that easy.
once again thanks for you're help. if you or anybody else has more ideas,post away!
Old 03-02-2006, 05:47 AM
Tech Regular

well i removed the switch, put the cut shock spring on the servo saver to tighten it up(feels like it will work),trimmed the tires down,added steel turnbuckles,added about 1 ounce of weight to the right side of the chassis to balance the truck, and rebuilt the diffs and shocks. i will see how it works at the next race.
Old 03-02-2006, 07:37 AM

Simple...Check out Tony Phalens site @ www.competitionx.com
Old 03-04-2006, 10:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by MaxSpeed
Simple...Check out Tony Phalens site @ www.competitionx.com
awesome sight. thanks!