Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > General Forums > Electric Off-Road
Does anyone know how much a pro driver like Kinwald or fransis makes? >

Does anyone know how much a pro driver like Kinwald or fransis makes?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Does anyone know how much a pro driver like Kinwald or fransis makes?

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2006, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Jason Ashton actually posted the answer to this question on the Starting Grid last year (at least I'm pretty sure it was Jason). The factory guys don't make much. Maybe 20-40k. Doing well usually means more contingency money from sponsors.

The ones that work for the company and drive might be doing pretty good (for example ....Adam Drake works for Losi, Steve Slayden for Traxxas). But without paying spectators, don't expect to make much in this hobby. Why do people watch and pay to see Nascar? Because of the speed and risk of injury or death to the drivers (sad as it may be). Why do people watch poker on TV? Because there are millions $$$ on the table....LOL
Old 02-23-2006, 09:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Deleted as I dont wish to feed the fire...

Last edited by jamescam; 02-23-2006 at 01:59 PM.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I have to admit, we are all intrigued and speculate how much pro-drivers make. I would guess they are relatively under-paid in comparison to the level of sales they can generate for the primary sponsor.

For the most part, most of these guys have the opportunity to travel across this great country and around the world on someone elses dime. The expereiences are immeasurable.

I would gues the few drivers who actually make a living doing this are relatively comfortable and love their jobs. Unlike some of us who sit in offices all day long. (and read rctech... )
Old 02-23-2006, 04:57 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Bone$
I think the key is they get paid to do what they love. Not alot of guys can say that. I dont know about you but if i was getting paid 70k to drive rc cars or work in a office all freaking day and make 100k i would pic the Rc car position..

When you get to do what you love it doesnt take as much $$ to keep you happy..
Word man. I make well over 70k as an Oracle Database Admin and I wake up in misery everyday. Not bragging by any means. Money makes you an idiot real quick if your not smart. Society is designed to make you a slave to the credit system. Nobody "OWNS" a house. You rent it from the bank. The only thing I own is a couple mountain bikes, a couple rc cars, a couple banjos. I was an idiot when I started making coin, now I'm paying it back.

Advice. If your making good coin? Stash it away and live like a hobo as long as you can. Buy a crib, pay the son of a bitch off as fast as you can and never ever ever pay for anything with credit. This system is designed to enslave you. I want to pay off my crib. Then I'll be able to do whatever the hell I want. Work some sh*t job part time and have TIME, and perhaps do something I like. Money is an absolute fu****g illusion. Nobody cares what YOU have. It makes no difference if you drive a 1980 volvo 240dl or a BMW M3.

Yeah, you think your the sh*t, but 5 seconds later nobody gives a ***k. People need to wake up and realize that happieness comes from the inside, not the outside. Most of these pros make squat. But you know what? They're having fun. How many of us can say that when we wake up in the AM to go to our miserable ****ing slave jobs. Society is warped and it's all ass backwards. Why do you think people are so frign miserable and ready to snap at the drop of a hat. They're chasing a dream that doesn't exist. Trying to fill an internal void with external things. NOT GONNA HAPPEN.
Old 02-23-2006, 05:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

well said man. that came from the heart. i must say that the poor man will always make the wiser decision than the rich man, no matter what education they have either.
Old 02-23-2006, 06:38 PM
Tech Regular

Exactly Rotten.I had a 45k ayear job for nine years.I was not happy.The only way to get ahead was save,save,save.I told myself I was either going to do something or qiut complaining.I am going into my fourth year as a buisness owner.So far so good .If I want more money now I hustle for it.There is money laying around for the taking .Allyou have to do is get it before the next rat in the race.If you really believe in yourself you can make it happen.L8
Old 02-23-2006, 07:06 PM
Tech Initiate

I wish I knew how to open my own business. I can fix anything, carpentry, walls, install stuff. I'd love to be a plumber. The only job I ever had that I actually liked was when I was my buddies plumber helper. I couldn't even work with him. He did about 3-5 fat boys throughout the day. I smoke that crap I fall asleep. It was cool though, twisting pipes together all day. Whooda thought that would be more fun than being a dum dum oracle dba. However, I'm so bad off, with bills, credit cards, child support, that if I make less than 70k, my ship sinks. Not that I give a sh*t about that, but I'll take my wife down with me. I'm trying to get my wife to understand how happieness works. It's just stuff. A house is just a box to keep your crap in. A big headache if you ask me. Imagine this. My 230k new house will be a 500k or so house after the interest and payments are made. Talk about a fu****g scam ha? Anyhow, I don't let any external bs inside. It's not circumstances, obstacles, problems that make our lives miserable, but our reaction to them. Reactions is what kills folks, slowly, but our self created stress is what kills us as well. There really is no stress, only our reactions to life. My philosiphy at 35 is that nothing, nobody, no bill, no event or circumstance has the right to get inside my soul and illicit a response. Besides stuff like ABSOF*****GLUTELY NOT. I'm glad I realize this now, rather than 20 years from now. Think about it. All the crap we've ever worried about and stressed about and lost sleep and wracked our brains about has eventually worked out. The worst that can happen is you kick it for good. And if and when, hopefully we go to a planet more desirable to live in than this one. Hey, how the heck did this turn into a metaphysical discussion on life?
Old 02-23-2006, 08:48 PM
Tech Elite

Some of you have hit on some pretty normal figures, and I know that there have been people who have read this thread that do know hard numbers...but I am pretty sure they've held quiet out of respect for those you're speaking about.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by EAMotorsports
I find this funny....Arent all house new when they are built?

Just busting your balls....I could care less if your smarter than me or make more money to me....As long as me and my family happy in life thats all that matters to me!!

EA

I dont care either. Im just playing into all the guys here. I am actually a very humble nice person.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:08 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Rocket42
ah so the truth comes out. you live in spring valley lake technically the equestrian portion of spring valley lake. the man made lake that is two dirty to swim in. for everyone who doesn't know about spring valley lake it is a part of whats called the high desert of southern california. its a man made lake houseing tract in which all who live within the boundry feel they are much superior than anyone else in the high desert even though they go to the same stores and basically all have the same standard of living they are not rich people but upper middle class living like they are rich people this totally explains his attitude to me. now if you want to think your smarter than me go ahead. but i can tell you if i lived in the high desert i would live in a custom home designed by an architect(myself) and furnished by an interior designer for the same price as your spring valley lake piece of shit tract house that was built for 75k back when building in the high desert was extremely cheap i'am talking 60 to 70 per sq. ft. to build. but i guess you recieved your all encompassing knowledge at the loan office or the octogon. what are the educational requirements for a loan officer i'am sure your amazing intelligence should be able to handle that. and if so smart why waste it on being a loan officer why not work on serving mankind instead of ripping people off with the little amount of work you do.

LOL. dude your hilarious. Its so funny how i got you all riled up. It sounds like you have lots of animosity built up agaisnt other humans because of your lack of self worth. In all seriousness i am much superior to you. You are like a piece of feces compared to me. I rule you. If it were the beginning of time i would be a king and you would be washing my feet. If i felt like it i would employ you right now to follow me around doing whatever i tell you. I would even pay you an extra 20$ an hour so i could spit on you. Would you like a application?
Old 02-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Suspended

Originally Posted by johnny_rotten
Word man. I make well over 70k as an Oracle Database Admin and I wake up in misery everyday. Not bragging by any means. Money makes you an idiot real quick if your not smart. Society is designed to make you a slave to the credit system. Nobody "OWNS" a house. You rent it from the bank. The only thing I own is a couple mountain bikes, a couple rc cars, a couple banjos. I was an idiot when I started making coin, now I'm paying it back.

Advice. If your making good coin? Stash it away and live like a hobo as long as you can. Buy a crib, pay the son of a bitch off as fast as you can and never ever ever pay for anything with credit. This system is designed to enslave you. I want to pay off my crib. Then I'll be able to do whatever the hell I want. Work some sh*t job part time and have TIME, and perhaps do something I like. Money is an absolute fu****g illusion. Nobody cares what YOU have. It makes no difference if you drive a 1980 volvo 240dl or a BMW M3.

Yeah, you think your the sh*t, but 5 seconds later nobody gives a ***k. People need to wake up and realize that happieness comes from the inside, not the outside. Most of these pros make squat. But you know what? They're having fun. How many of us can say that when we wake up in the AM to go to our miserable ****ing slave jobs. Society is warped and it's all ass backwards. Why do you think people are so frign miserable and ready to snap at the drop of a hat. They're chasing a dream that doesn't exist. Trying to fill an internal void with external things. NOT GONNA HAPPEN.
Actually as far as the smartest and wisest move to make. you never want to pay off your house. Let me give you a few reasons why.

1. It reduces your tax deductibility
2. It is more likely to be foreclosed upon if you happen to run into hard times
3. All the money in the house is earning a 0% rate of return.

These are only 3 of the reasons why. There are many more. It is much smarter to take the money that you "would" have paid your house off with and invest it into an interest bearing account. Then you grow that money and you can still deduct your interest and taxes on your house. If your goal is to build wealth then paying of fyour house is not the way to go. If you just want to play it safe and be comfortable then its the way to go.
Old 02-23-2006, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

To johnney-rotten: very nice bits to chew on. I like the screen name, any punk (music)reference is a welcomed thing. you got some relavent stuff to consider. I have grown-up influenced by alot of things; bmx, skateboarding, the punk/hardcore scene, even the hip-hop and graffiti scene. And the r/c world. I started with a tamiya fox, raced kyosho 4wd optima mid (mod with a revtech motor),and since have run everything except 12th scale and oval. I take long vacations and jump back in. I.E. I had run a AE b2 in the mid 90's and did'nt run again untill 2004 with a losi xxxs. I know run a Losi Mf truck and a Schumacher Mi2. Your a good cat, lots of props friend
Old 02-23-2006, 09:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Jhyten
Actually as far as the smartest and wisest move to make. you never want to pay off your house. Let me give you a few reasons why.

1. It reduces your tax deductibility
2. It is more likely to be foreclosed upon if you happen to run into hard times
3. All the money in the house is earning a 0% rate of return.

These are only 3 of the reasons why. There are many more. It is much smarter to take the money that you "would" have paid your house off with and invest it into an interest bearing account. Then you grow that money and you can still deduct your interest and taxes on your house. If your goal is to build wealth then paying of fyour house is not the way to go. If you just want to play it safe and be comfortable then its the way to go.
Thanx man, we will all sleep better at night now.
Old 02-24-2006, 06:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Johnny-Rotten....that man knows his $hit...I doesn't matter how much you earn it all depends on what you clear and pocket at the end of the day.

Sorry to break the news to you Jhyten..your 3-step guide to to building net worth is long time bull$hit that the banks have used to mask the truth to the middle class in America.

Most people's homes are their largest liability on their personal balance sheet. They owe more than the equity in the house. (and don't compare it to fair market value, cause we all know that house prices have been inflated for the past 3+ years.)

The sooner you reduce your principal balance, the better off you ae on a net worth basis. All these new bank products, (ie: interest only loans, 5/10/5 type lonas...etc) are all bull$shit and are going to have serious ripple effects throughout our economy over the next 5-7 years when the interest only portion of the notes expires and people can't afford to make both interest and principal payments.

And to your 2nd point: Why would you have to foreclose on your home if your don't owe anything on it???? It's a persons inability to service his/her monthly mortgage payments which causes a foreclosure...

Before you start giving out finanical advise...I suggest you get your CFA certificate.
Old 02-24-2006, 07:01 AM
Tech Regular

If you are interested in making money why would want to keep paying for something that is notgoing to make a profit if not sold.If you do not have a house payment you can use that money to make money.My goal is to make my money work for me,not working for my money.LET MONEY MAKE MONEY

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.