More Drag. No More Crazy Speedruns for me

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-16-2023, 09:37 AM
Suspended

Default More Drag. No More Crazy Speedruns for me

Hi

This is only how i feel.
I dont want others to stop Speedrunning. Do your thing and have fun.

Why do i quit Speedrunning?
Atleast Crazy speedrunning 100mph or more.
I will only do Speedruns up 100mph, From today. max 102-103mph sometimes

I have done couple insane crashes at speeds 110mph ++
My reasons to Quit this now is:

1 You Loose Lipos, Chassis, sometimes Motor, or ESC, maybe both. Servos. And alot parts, and wheels.
When a crash happen, it is not nice in these Crazy Speeds.

2 Too Fast
It is not fun anymore, not for me atleast, the money and hardwork with the Car, for only couple seconds passes ? You almost not see the Car either. It happens so fast.

3 Afraid
If i got hit by my heavy 1/7 rig in 100mph ++ by accident. Will i survive ? Im not shure. I know i will need Ambulance very fast, and it will be painfull time for couple months ATLEAST 100%
Can i take that risk? NO. I have done 120mph+ last summer 2022. And my goal was this summer 2023 with my latest setup do a speed pass 150mph+
I did think about Security today.
Do i have any good tower i can stand on before i do this ? NO.
Do i have any good thick clear Plexi sheet with good strong stand i can stay behind do avoid deadly accident if i got hidden by the car by accident ? NO.
Can i 100% Avoid hit trafic, a fast car or motorcykle driver who drives fast and illegal . Hell NO.
Can i 100% Avoid hit animals that may run over the road? NO
Do i have any secure place to do speedrun at, like closed Airport ? NO.

There is too many Safety Issues.
These makes me afraid, and nervous.

I can not risk do others damage anymore, i can not risk my life either anymore. Speeds more than 100mph really Scare me.

Until i find a very sercure place, where i can take cover, and not risk any other people or animals hurt, i stay away from do this.

I will do alot more Drag Racing insteath.
This is safe. I have place near me that is safe. Road ends and stuff with almost no people or cars ever, seen 1-2 cars and people there in many years at different times when i do some bashing there.
These roads are too short for speedruns. Drag Race they will be perfect for that.

In future all the crash money when you destroy your rig almost totally after bad speedrun crash, i will use these money to new Drag tyres, i will need many now and new pinions, and other stuff.

And i dont need get rid of my GNSS GPS either

One more of the Limitlesses i got will be a drag Car now insteath of speedrunner.
I will also buy the New Hobao 10scale Drag car in couple Months

Anyone know cool Drag Body to 1/7 Arrma ?
AHR43 likes this.
Old 04-17-2023, 05:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Agree with you my friend.......100%.......speedruns look cool.....but can get out of hand.....the damage.....someone can really get hurt.......I'm sticking to drag racing as well......have fun and be safe!
flymetonight likes this.
Old 04-18-2023, 01:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

I remembered watching this a while back. Totally agree with you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWk2Dbqi3tA
flymetonight likes this.
Old 04-22-2023, 09:15 AM
Suspended

Originally Posted by Flyingjalapeno
Agree with you my friend.......100%.......speedruns look cool.....but can get out of hand.....the damage.....someone can really get hurt.......I'm sticking to drag racing as well......have fun and be safe!
Hello RC Dude.
YES . It is very dangerous, both for you , your car, and wallet do crazy speedruns. You must have secure place with tower to stand on. Like old closed airport.
If you do it at normal roads where 1/1 cars passes, and animals can run over the way and other stuff. Then you are actually Law breaker in my book.

Drag race is so fun, and you have almost total controll. You will not hurt you self or others. Cars sometimes. anyways this is what RC is about, crash and change parts. Always been this way
No matter if you race or bash

Feels so good be safe now, i dont like hospitals, Ambulances and stress.

So i will do alot More drag, and only sometimes normal speedrunning like 90-100mph MAX !
Sick things start to happen at 120-150mph++ I will never do that anymore

Originally Posted by rskoncepts
I remembered watching this a while back. Totally agree with you.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gWk2Dbqi3tA
Actually i did see this video and it started me thinking seriously how dangerous it is.
Then couple weeks later i saw another horrible video where a rig at 135mph almost did hit the driver, that was so scarry. At these speeds these 1/7 rigs can actually make a funeral for you.
Or very serious bad damages that you newer can run any RC car. Maybe wheelchair.

i think RAZ Shifrin should build a serious 3-4 inch thick plexi cover with a good support, and buy pickup truck, always be safe.
He has actually been close couple times be hit at insane speeds.
Lucky he does that at safe place atleast. Now he must fix something to protect him and the team when they do these insane speedruns.

Rossa speed challenge got that nice metal tower speedrunners stand on top when they do speedpass. This is great security

Raz and others should buy one custom made proper body plastic guard like this, but something better that handles 150mph heavy rc car crash

It is not worth risk you life, or others.

Always better safe than sorry.

If these crazy speedrunners dont buy these thick plastic body quards, some one will have a bad accident, sooner or later. And that will not be Beatifull guys.
So sad. I wish Raz-. MC Coy and others read this post and thinks atleast twice, and Purchase body/crash security ASAP
Old 08-30-2023, 04:53 PM
Tech Fanatic

Same here. Came across an article on line featuring Street Legal Dragway. A 1:1 330ft 1/16 mile 1:1 course going together in SoCal, Perris, California.

Picked up on it and have adapted it to 1/10 scale running a 33ft course out front of my house, with a 66ft shut down. In line with the 670ft shut down Street Legal has.

Yeah, speeds are down, but can set up and run easily without leaving home and risking catastrophic damage to an expensive RC car. Something to think about. Working for me.