Search

Mud Slingers on a Wraith and Yeti XL

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-08-2015, 01:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)
Default Mud Slingers on a Wraith and Yeti XL

Thinking about wrapping my Yeti XL and my Wraith Spyder in a set of Mud Slingers, anyone have any runtime with these tires? Most of my runs are along trails through the woods over fallen branches and through some occasional puddles and over some rocks. Typical woodland stuff. Plus, I think the trucks will look cool with those tires as well. Also, tried a Traxxas 2075 waterproof servo in the XL, lasted about an hour before I shredded the gears. I knew I would, but I just needed a reason to disassemble it. Just ordered a Protek 130t servo, thinking about coating it in Corrosion X and using the seals from the Traxxas servo to make it waterproof. Sometimes my XL gets buried up to the roof in soup. Opinions? Comments?
Old 06-09-2015, 04:38 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Be ready to start replacing diffs on the yeti...
Old 06-09-2015, 10:36 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I have about 10 packs through the yeti and no troubles yet. I run my truck pretty hard but when I jump it, I don't nose slam it like I see a lot of people doing in YouTube videos. Just like on the track, when you launch a truggy off a triple and going flying about 15' across the air, bring me down kinda flat and smooth and it's a lot easier on the drivetrain. When you bash something and bring something to a sudden stop, somethings gotta give.
Old 06-21-2015, 09:26 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

personally I would steer clear from mudslingers on either of the rigs, yet they look cool but if you like most you want the best performance possible, I would wait for the new pitbulls to come out for the yeti xl, they will be the best performing 3.8 tire on the market, also use the 3.8 ci closed cell foams in them and use their glue, I suggest a few wraps of tape on the inside of the tire for when running the xl on 6s. as for the wraith, I strongly suggest on getting some voodoo u4 un the blue compound they are by far one of the best all around tires I have even ran on a wraith. also use the ci foams you will be impressed. as for the servo in the yeti xl I would use the corrosion x that's the way I do most of my servos that I know will b prone to water and moisture. don't be scared to take you time and use many coats letting it dry in between each coat. if you have any more question set me know.