Wiki Posts
Search

What tracks are still open???

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default What tracks are still open???

Now that it is getting cooler outside, and the nitro seasons are ending.... Are there still some tracks around town that are open for practice/racing during the nice weather?

Where do you guys run???

looking for 1/8th scale nitro......
Old 10-13-2007, 05:54 PM
Tech Adept

The only track that runs 1/8th onroads in CO is MARCAR (www.marcar.org). Our season is over for the year though. We'll have a meeting towards the beginning of Feburary, and at that point we will set race schedule.

Last edited by darkangel; 10-14-2007 at 07:06 PM.
Old 10-14-2007, 08:40 AM
Tech Adept

Unsober1 - There are only 2 permanet track in the Metro area.

MHOR RC in Aurora which has an indoor offroad track and an out door onroad track.

Rat Raceway in denver which is an outdoor offroad.

The Hobbytowns in Fort Collins and in Westminster both run outdoor parking lot programs in the summer time. I think that both are only running just few more times before they are done for the year.

COR RC - Is a club track that will be running an indoor carpet program starting on Nov 11th at the Arapahoe county fairgrounds. The size of the track will 120' x 60'.

Later, Lee
Old 10-14-2007, 01:45 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by LeeS

COR RC - Is a club track that will be running an indoor carpet program starting on Nov 11th at the Arapahoe county fairgrounds. The size of the track will 120' x 60'.

Later, Lee

I only have a stock RC18B for electric and have never really got into any electric yet.....But I live at Quincy and E-470. Thats 3 minutes from the fair grounds...... I will have to check it out when it gets up and running.... Keep me posted on the progress if you could......

Thanks

Bob
Old 10-14-2007, 04:05 PM
Tech Apprentice

unsober1,come join the club its 100.00 a year that includes a roar memmbership and 10.00 for each race day.carpet is fun in touring and 1/12 scale.like to go fast some of us are going to run some crazy mod!as well as stock and 19 turn.strength in numbers!
Old 10-15-2007, 09:04 AM
Tech Adept

Unsober1 - burkett is right about the club dues being $100, this includes a years a ROAR membership. This is required for insurance. If you are already a ROAR member it is $70 for a year. The race fees are $15 for the first class and $10 for each additional class. The first scheduled race is nov. 11th with the possible test and tune day on the nov 10th(if there is enough interest, since this day will cost and additional $250).

Later, Lee
Old 10-16-2007, 03:15 PM
Tech Regular

I would like to join...but truthfully, I am a nitro guy and not sure if my funds or my wife will supports me running in a winter league???

I will however come to a few races and check them out, and If able to, see what I can scrape together to run a few times. I just spent nearly $500 the last two weeks on nitro stuff for next race season...
Old 10-18-2007, 08:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

Unsober1 - Our membership has about equal number of nitro and electric racers and a few who run both. We are already working on plans for next summer on the pavement. A large group would also like to get a permanent track set up similar to Lincoln or Vegas, Stop by on the the 11th and check it out.

You can visit out web site for more inforamtion:

www.OnRoadColorado.com

Mark
Old 10-19-2007, 03:19 PM
Tech Regular

Mark, I will plan to be there on the 11th