Search

2014/2015 WCICS Official Thread

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-30-2014, 04:03 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kane-o
This Halloween everyone is talking about sounds pretty important.....almost right up there with Christmas!

I am going to elect to race. My daughter will have more fun without me anyway haha!
What about us Kane? Did you stop to think WE might have more fun without you? LMAO Just kiddin bud. Looking forward to this race. Can definately see the concern about a halloween race, but if its the only dates available then what is NASCAR suposed to do? Really hope everyone can still make it. It will be a great race.

Tim
Old 09-30-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Yea unfortunately due to the date I won't be making it either.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:15 PM
Tech Regular

We are trick or treating with our daughter then driving up afterwards. She's 3 months old so she'll probably sleep most of it. We'll be in Edmonton with family by about 10 so it shouldnt be to bad. I'm looking forward to running in Edmonton.
Old 09-30-2014, 09:48 PM
Company Representative

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lpittman
Yea unfortunately due to the date I won't be making it either.
+1.... Sorry guys, Kids come 1st and it would be hard to get a flight on Saturday that would make it worth while..

In hindsight this date might have been better for your ATS series race since it will not effect the Alberta racers much from the sound of it.

All the best to the racers that can attend Round 2.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Same here, Halloween is a big deal at our house.
Old 10-01-2014, 02:37 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Korgae
+1.... Sorry guys, Kids come 1st and it would be hard to get a flight on Saturday that would make it worth while..

In hindsight this date might have been better for your ATS series race since it will not effect the Alberta racers much from the sound of it.

All the best to the racers that can attend Round 2.
The only thing is if we had made it the ATS Race race, we couldn't get a weekend till April. To have the a WCICS race in the fall this was it. If you guys can't make it no worries, life gets in the way for RC sometimes.
Old 10-03-2014, 09:06 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I've got the OK from the spouse to drive out for the Edmonton WCICS race and I'm doing my best to get some others from Saskatoon to come out as well.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:13 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by CamLS
I've got the OK from the spouse to drive out for the Edmonton WCICS race and I'm doing my best to get some others from Saskatoon to come out as well.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:27 PM
Tech Master

Default Rule Change Effective Immediately

ROAR has recently changed their rules regarding approved batteries. While they are still certifying batteries, they are no longer requiring Approval labels on packs. It appears that they are comfortable enough with the battery technology now, things have stabilized enough, that they’re really only concerned with hard cases.

When the technology was new the ROAR battery approval requirement was an important safety consideration; and I’m happy that the WCICS team, even in the face of criticism, put safety first and stood firm. Today, I see this change as a good indication that the battery technology has stabilized and ROAR feels comfortable enough to make this change.

This is a running change effective immediately, and racers can/will soon be able to buy ROAR approved batteries that have no approval markings on it for our next event.

Having a looooong list of approved batteries at the tech table is a not a feasible approach; so the WCICS club reps have voted to change the battery rules effective immediately, removing ROAR battery approval requirement from all classes to be replaced with “Li-Poly battery packs must have a hard, protective case as per ROAR 8.3.2.2”. Meaning all batteries in suitable hard cases are now allowed.

As always, WCICS thanks the volunteers at ROAR for all their hard work and diligence, and agree with ROAR that the technology has matured to the point where this change makes sense.

The revised rule book is attached to the first post, the RC Tech size limits on file sizes mean it now has to be broken into 2 documents.

Thanks everyone, and happy racing!

Josh
Old 10-05-2014, 09:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

It seems like the size specifications should be included in our rules.
Old 10-06-2014, 08:47 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Smile

Just curious if Calgary has confirmed their date in December. I saw it was tentative for December 5th to 7th.....is that a for sure yet?

Also, motors have to be on the ROAR approved list to be used in this series so assuming the D4 Maxzilla 17.5 is ok to use as it was approved and on the list back in April? Just double checking.....
Old 10-06-2014, 11:08 AM
Tech Master

Since we default to ROAR's rulebook we try not to copy everything (like battery size specs) in our rules. It would make it huge, and would be a nightmare trying to keep up to date.

We only try to capture the most important rules that are most likely to be teched, and any WCICS exceptions to the Roar rules.

Yes, Karz date is confirmed, I've updated the first post. Thanks for the reminder Brent. I've got your date as Tentative too, is it confirmed or should I leave tentative it for now.

Yes, D4 is good, D3.5 is no longer legal.

Josh
Old 10-06-2014, 11:34 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up Kamloops March 6th to 8th 2015

Thanks Josh. And yes the Kamloops date is confirmed......in fact we are pleased to announce that we have both areas this year in the Tournament Capital Centre. The smooth basketball court for the track layout and the tile floored area of equal size for the pits so should be lots of room.
Old 10-06-2014, 03:38 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Is the d3.5 21.5 turn motor ok to use in wcics races?
Old 10-06-2014, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Justin33
Is the d3.5 21.5 turn motor ok to use in wcics races?
If it is on the ROAR Approved Motors list then it is legal.

http://www.roarracing.com/approvals/...s.php?ordby=ty

You'll see the 21.5 listed there:

Stock/21.5 Spec
Trincorp
Trinity D3.5 21.5
TEP 1083
March 31, 2013

To my knowledge the only D3.5 that is not legal is the 17.5.

Cheers!

Luke

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.