Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree21Likes

Thompson Valley RC'ers

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.41 average.

Old 02-22-2017, 08:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Im sure repo is fine. Such as the rc10 worlds parts on a CE
Old 02-23-2017, 10:16 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello TVR/C racers.

We would like for you to join us in the 2017 Western Off-road Racing Series.

This series was formed to allow off-road racers from all over the southwestern BC area to come together to compete in events throughout the summer at different tracks. This also gives racers an incentive to travel to tracks where they may never have known about or commitment to go. Additionally our hope is to grow the awareness of the RC racing community in BC to help increase all clubs future members. We would like to thank the participating clubs for their commitment to the 2017 race series and look forward to the future of this exciting hobby.

Please feel free to ask any questions.
Thanks.

Ross Moore
(WORS director)

2017 Western Off-road Racing Series;
Nitro and Electric

Round #1: Big Barn Shootout, Chilliwack Heritage Park (indoor nitro and electric)
April 21,22,23

Round #2: Spring Scorcher Shootout, KRC, Kelowna BC (electric only)
May 26,27,28

Round #3: Summer Classic, TVR/C, Kamloops BC (nitro and electric)
June 23,24,25

Round #4: Race the Rock Island Classic, NRC, Nanaimo BC (nitro and electric)
July 21,22,23

Round #5: Coquitlam Classic, Camrc, Coquitlam BC (nitro and electric)
Aug. 11,12,13
Attached Thumbnails Thompson Valley RC'ers-big-barn-shootout-8.jpg   Thompson Valley RC'ers-image1.jpg  
Old 02-24-2017, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kilohertz
Hi guys,

My son and I are looking for a few things to build up another car or 3. If anybody has something suitable, similar or close, in good condition, let me know via PM or email, or bring on Sunday.

Need 21.5 brushless and ESC, maybe more than 1??
3 or 4 receivers that will work with our Airtronic/Sanwa transmitters
Any 540 can size brushless motor and ESC for our Losi desert truck
2WD buggies and SC10 trucks or mod stadiums trucks don't have to be RTR, any condition.
We may look into getting into mini or R-car as well?? Let us know if you have any cars you're done with.

Probably more stuff as we get into this more. We are sure having fun and are looking forward to the outdoor season.

See you Sunday

Cheers
PMd about the 21.5 and mini
Old 02-26-2017, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

Default Todays race day.

Awesome day, great racing today! I want to rhank you for bearing with me while learning how to operate the system. Thanks to Brent for showing me. Excited for the WCICS this next week, my USGT is on rails!!! Im coming in hot this weekend. See you all soon!
Old 02-26-2017, 06:55 PM
Tech Apprentice

Yes thanks for running the races today Tyrell, and Darrell for singing the US national anthem at 11:00am for the start of the Daytona 500.

Don't know why I had such a problem with my car (driving today). Broke 3 different suspension parts in all 3 qualifiers. But at least I finished the main.

See you next weekend.
Old 02-27-2017, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)
Thumbs up Sundays Results.....

A small turn out yesterday but none the less, some good racing.....sorry I missed it.

Hope everyone has the cars all ready for next weekends WCICS race. All will have to pass through tech so newbies and those unfamiliar with it see the tech specs on the wcics.cs page under "rules" for more specifics. Help will be needed as mentioned the last while with running tech and general help over the weekend. We will start by meeting at OLPH School Gym to load up the carpet, 11:30 on Friday then head up to TCC for set up and later practice. Those who help will be treated to Pizza courtesy of Domino's on Friday. Here now are Sunday's results.

See you all Friday..
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
R5_Race_01_RCar_A-Main.pdf (27.0 KB, 41 views)
File Type: pdf
R5_Race_02_Mini_A-Main.pdf (28.2 KB, 48 views)
Old 03-01-2017, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Last edited by kamlooper; 03-11-2017 at 01:04 PM.
Old 03-03-2017, 10:07 AM
Tech Rookie

Totally agree with you there.. We need to get the numbers up, and a more positive atmosphere.

Last season there were too many "unhappy instances"... and far too many cancelled race days due to lack of turnout.

I was excited that there is supposed to be a novice class, as my son would love to race.. but it has been non existent.

That.. and the track is in some DESPERATE need of work. Offroad doesn't need to have a smooth as glass surface.. but 3" deep craters that don't stay repaired past first round are getting out of hand.

I'd love to see this discussion keep going. We all want to have fun out there!
Old 03-03-2017, 04:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by flapdoodle
That.. and the track is in some DESPERATE need of work. Offroad doesn't need to have a smooth as glass surface.. but 3" deep craters that don't stay repaired past first round are getting out of hand.
My son and I will be there with our machine and dump truck this spring...just say the word.
Attached Thumbnails Thompson Valley RC'ers-dsc_4448.jpg  
Old 03-03-2017, 10:33 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Yeah, I remember at one of the trophy races out there last year. Tensions got high and there was some yelling at marshals for being too slow. I hope that we can move past that this year. As for the novice class, flapdoodle, we ran it at one trophy races so there is indeed interest for it from others as well. It would be great to have it as a constant class!
Old 03-04-2017, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Old 03-05-2017, 08:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Questions?? Getting ready for the outdoor season

With only 2 indoor races left, Michael and I are getting ready for the outdoor season. We are getting ready to race in 2 classes, 2WD buggy and mod/stadium truck.

What I am wondering is, when you setup your trucks/buggies for the track, is there a "track speed" that we should be gearing for? I know that to setup the vehicle you have to balance motor, gearing and temperature of the motor, but for newbies trying to setup the trucks, it seems like there are MANY combinations that will yield the same speed. Say for instance, with a 10.5T motor (about 4500KV) which at 7.4V gives us 33,000RPM, and suppose the FDR is 12.5 and buggy tire circumference is .245M, then at wide open throttle (ideal world no load) gives us ground speed of 39 KPH. Then if we take a 13.5 motor and 10:1 FDR, we get about the same speed, 38KPH. Changing either the FDR or KV rating of the motor, shows a large change in top ground speed. Using a slower motor with higher gearing gives us the same ground speed. Of course, we also must consider torque and acceleration out of the corners, more important than top speed. I know the outdoor track is changing this year, but we still only have so many square feet to work with.

I guess what it boils down to is this....for 2WD Buggy and Mod/Stadium, what FDR ratio and motors do YOU use at the Kamloops track?

We have been having LOTS of fun at the indoor races and are looking forward to our first outdoor race season.

Thanks to everyone who has helped us with our cars and first indoor season racing.

Cheers
Old 03-05-2017, 09:43 AM
Tech Elite

I just try different pinions until I find one I like. If the pinion is too small, the speed will max out quick, if too big it will feel sluggish in the infield.

Sup Cale?
Old 03-05-2017, 12:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

Hey hey Bernie.
Regarding gearing. What Bernie said. Start with a size and see how the speed is and temp it after and go from there. Until you get the best feel for speed and temp then your set.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Blitzrockey
Hey hey Bernie.
Regarding gearing. What Bernie said. Start with a size and see how the speed is and temp it after and go from there. Until you get the best feel for speed and temp then your set.
This sounds like you will be returning to the dirt rc world this year?? Or why tease us with a post. I would be surprised if you could beat Tyrel anyways...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 4.41 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.