Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2004 Canadian Asphalt Invitational

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-21-2004, 09:10 AM
Tech Adept

it looks liek it is rain at the track is there still racing?
Old 08-21-2004, 10:36 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally posted by shortygy
The race is going pretty good here except all the traction is probably gone now We had a quick flash rain and lighting storm kill us half way through the 4 qualy. We only got to run mod and 1/8th scale .. I dont think 19 ran yet. We are going to try and finish up the 4th round tomorrow morning and then run the mains. This will allow us to finish up early and maybe check out the mall for once.

The yokomo frank is runnning is working pretty good. He is just having some glitching problems. Hopefully he can get it figured out for the mains.
I heard that the you were doing very well in the gaas class that's great go greg go
Old 08-21-2004, 11:27 AM
Tech Regular

Great work Vancouver drivers!
Old 08-21-2004, 12:44 PM
Tech Regular

thanks franko.

Today has been called a rain out. if the forcast is bad for tomorrow Baker will most likely get a flight out tonight to go to orlando for some testing at the worlds track.
Old 08-21-2004, 03:48 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally posted by shortygy
thanks franko.

Today has been called a rain out. if the forcast is bad for tomorrow Baker will most likely get a flight out tonight to go to orlando for some testing at the worlds track.
So what is going to happen tomorrow if the forcast getting worse?
Old 08-21-2004, 04:00 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default race day

Hi its frank and things out here not to good today, it rained all day and there is no racing today. ya its true i have been having trouble with the losi and could not get it working and had to try the yokomo and it worked right away but the bad weather and the tire choice i ran did not work so good. so i have worked on the yok and was hoping to run it today but the weather was to bad. so i hope to run tomarrow with it, and i would love to do better but i am in 4th so its not to bad. greg is sitting in 2nd and he was having trouble at the start but he got it to work and qaulified 2nd so i'm impressed and also the rest of the guys are to and yes barry child did magic on gregs car so we will keep you posted.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:34 PM
Tech Adept

Default sunday

What does the forecast look like? if it looks promising I am going to drive back up. I hope not too many people have left yet.
Old 08-21-2004, 07:44 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Default Re: race day

Originally posted by bestea
Hi its frank and things out here not to good today, it rained all day and there is no racing today. ya its true i have been having trouble with the losi and could not get it working and had to try the yokomo and it worked right away but the bad weather and the tire choice i ran did not work so good. so i have worked on the yok and was hoping to run it today but the weather was to bad. so i hope to run tomarrow with it, and i would love to do better but i am in 4th so its not to bad. greg is sitting in 2nd and he was having trouble at the start but he got it to work and qaulified 2nd so i'm impressed and also the rest of the guys are to and yes barry child did magic on gregs car so we will keep you posted.
Barry child is that's the same guy I'm thinking Mike Child?
4 places in the Mod is pretty good Frank I hope it will get better tomorrow for you...Are you walking around ?
Old 08-21-2004, 10:32 PM
Tech Regular

barry childs is mikes dad. Frank is walking around quite well.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Rain..rain go away....I yet to still catch up... It's all been great until rain came... hopefully tomorrow b good.But cold though.....BRRRR!!! tire warmeres please....................and maybe a bunch of rubbers to protect my receivers... see you all at the track.
Old 08-21-2004, 11:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

oops.......me again...
Old 08-22-2004, 10:44 AM
Tech Regular

Can someone post the final standings......?

sucks that it got rained out!
Old 08-22-2004, 01:11 PM
Tech Adept

Watch for 'em on the N.A.S.C.A.R. website. They just have to be translated, manually, from photographs to web code. Might take a day or two.
Old 08-22-2004, 03:52 PM

super nice guy
totally awesome

haha EBAY!!!!!
jokin
Attached Thumbnails 2004 Canadian Asphalt Invitational-barrytrophy.jpg  
Old 08-22-2004, 05:53 PM
Tech Adept

yup Barry is an awesome guy, too bad Calvin you didn't make it on friday and watch him run. Paintball with him was a hoot and i'm just frigging wrecked right now..................He showed no fear even tho it was his first time playing

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.