Community
Wiki Posts
Search

am i getting scammed?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2010, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

file paypal now!! scammers have all sorts of LIES and EXCUSES.and they will use the kid excuse or wife excuse or some one died. just file for the paypal claim they will put a hold on the money if heas not taken out of paypal yet.

he says has to wait to get paid to ship it and you paid for shipping (WTF)
screw that tell us his name and file the negative and file the paypal.a good seller would have had it in the mail already.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

file a dispute, not a claim.

this will hold the money from his account, till the matter is sorted.

if it doesn't get sorted, you can escalate it to a claim, if the item arrived, you can close the dispute, and he gets the money released back to him.

however, I highly doubt the money is even in his account anymore, and you'll see nothing.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:20 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 60 (100%+)

Originally Posted by KEEFFIE
the united postal service site says try back later it is to early to check try back later
if he gave you tracking it should work with in a day. saying time and date. if it keeps saying check back later BOGUS Number.
Old 01-08-2010, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 121 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Graphite07
if he gave you tracking it should work with in a day. saying time and date. if it keeps saying check back later BOGUS Number.
+1.It should at least say "Accepted at such and such location and time".With USPS,chances are it will never get updated after that,but it should at least show that the package was accepted within a day's time.

I got scammed once and received a tracking#.All it ever said was that the "USPS was notified to expect a package for delivery".Apparently that was because he printed a shipping label through paypal.After a week of receiving the same message I went to the post office and the lady explained to me that nothing was ever shipped or it would have at least shown that the package was accepted at some location.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:27 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well here is my update. as i stated before i got a tracking number for the post office. most of you know they are about useless numbers as they almost never update there system.lol well with that said, i have been checking the number sice i got it earlier today with the simple response of ( i forgot the wording but nothing found was the answer) well now the good news. here it is 9:30 pm and i just checked it again. and it is true he did send out today and the number finally updated. so i am not screwed this far.lol thanks for everyones in put on this and i did email the guy this morning pretty much demanding a refund or proof of shipment. so no i feel like a a-s because his kid was really in the hospital and he really did not have the time i guess.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:31 PM
Tech Regular

as if you still believe the guy!

I bloody well wouldn't!

shipping an empty box?

giving you tracking for someone elses parcel?

you still have NO proof its been sent!

start a paypal dispute, if it arrives, as described, you can close the dispute.
Old 01-08-2010, 06:45 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by AmmoJammo
as if you still believe the guy!

I bloody well wouldn't!

shipping an empty box?

giving you tracking for someone elses parcel?

you still have NO proof its been sent!

start a paypal dispute, if it arrives, as described, you can close the dispute.

Here is the prob with that the guy could have sent an empty box but the fact that he has a tracking number that will show it was delivered means paypal. Will side with the guy who shipped trust me I have seen it happen buddy of mine bought a rifle scope from a guy for 500 bucks paid through paypal he got a 10 dollar wal mart pellet rifle scope and because the seller had the tracking number showing deivery he won the dispute they really don't care what's in the box just that it was delivered
Old 01-08-2010, 06:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

well hell. it says it will be here monday so i guess i will be nice and see what is in the box.lol it is only 2 more days. as for the money, i do not even want it back. oh it was only $80 so not like i am out hundreds of dollers. i mean if that little amount was what he needed to scam somebody for then hell he must really need it.lol we all will see monday i guess.lol i will post the yes or no answer for sure monday on here. to say yes he kept his end of the deal or no he is a scumbag and should rot.lol
Old 01-08-2010, 09:51 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 131 (100%+)

i hate scammer......
Old 01-08-2010, 09:57 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

If possible ask the delivery guy to stick around for a second and open it in front of him. If you cant do that video record opening the package, post it on YouTube and send the link to Paypal with your claim if it is indeed not what you bought. May not help, but worth a shot.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:00 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 48 (100%+)

You guys need to chill. Believe me if my kid was in the hospital RC would be the last thing on my mind period. Give the guy a break and be patient.
Old 01-09-2010, 06:25 AM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 239 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
You guys need to chill. Believe me if my kid was in the hospital RC would be the last thing on my mind period. Give the guy a break and be patient.
+1, if you made the payment on 12-31-09 then it was new years eve,then i think the post office was closed on new years day. Now is the 9th. Lets say usually mail is 3 to 7 days depending on the location. So if he send it out lets say on the 4th being monday then you should be receiving it around saturday or monday.

I my self have been slow in shiping stuff out, and I also have a 5 year old so, so if he is sick ,then my attention goes to him 100% everything else comes a distant 2nd.

Im not saying that you are not getting scammed but give it sufficient time to arrived.

Can you post the tracking #?
Old 01-09-2010, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

ah... logging onto a hobby forum, but not replying to emails?

there is no kid.

you're getting scammed.
Old 01-09-2010, 07:21 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 41 (100%+)

Originally Posted by gashuffer
I keep seeing posts like this. I have three daughters, and I agree. NOTHING comes before my kids................. Unless I already took someone's money, that that will take near precidence. On my very first trip home from the hospital, I would ship it so I could give my family 100% attention. Once you take someone's money you are as comitted to it as raising a kid once you conceive one...IMO
Old 01-09-2010, 08:19 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

I agree, if you can take someone's money, you can find a way to ship it.

Get a neighbor or relative to help you out. It's not like its an all day job to just run by the post office. Or in the time that it took him to log onto here, he could have logged onto paypal, printed a shipping label, and stuffed it in the mailbox, or literally dropped it off at the po

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.