Wiki Posts
Search

Adelaide 1/8th Buggies

Search this Thread

Old 09-07-2005, 08:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 58 (98%+)

HH dont have the whole place.
If you draw a line through the centre north to south that is their area.
There will be 2 tracks in there 1/8 buggy and 1/10 on road.
Old 09-07-2005, 08:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by crabboy
HH dont have the whole place.
If you draw a line through the centre north to south that is their area.
There will be 2 tracks in there 1/8 buggy and 1/10 on road.

HORRAY !!!
Old 09-07-2005, 08:40 PM
ark
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

two!
Old 09-07-2005, 09:48 PM
Tech Adept

Two tracks will be awesome.
the only thing is if they run the 1/8th offroad will they
make the track too rough for us 1/10 ep guys?
Old 09-07-2005, 09:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up

Time will Tell all Nick !
Old 09-08-2005, 12:45 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

was bashing round the front yard tuning in that new 25% i mixed up & the engine revved it's guts out. i thought i had thrown a cv pin, but nope i cracked a CV joint . that's probably going to be expensive, it's on order, but i doubt i'll get it by the weekend. guess i'll be bashing the 1/10th nitro ST instead.
Attached Thumbnails Adelaide 1/8th Buggies-rear-drive-shaft2.jpg   Adelaide 1/8th Buggies-rear-drive-shaft1.jpg  
Old 09-14-2005, 09:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thumbs up Paradise Park this Sunday

If MP is cancelled again this Sunday head 2 Paradise Park (12pm) if anyone is interested with your buggy, Paradise Park is on Darley rd opposite the Paradise bus interchange, a nice dirt track with stacks of jumps and some awsome skate park transitions as well for some massive hang time
Attached Thumbnails Adelaide 1/8th Buggies-paradise-park.jpg   Adelaide 1/8th Buggies-paradise-park-2.jpg   Adelaide 1/8th Buggies-paradise-park-3.jpg  

Last edited by Integrated; 09-14-2005 at 09:59 PM.
Old 09-17-2005, 11:59 PM
Tech Fanatic

had an awsome day at Paradise Park 2day, check out the footage i got !

Movie 1 (skate-park hang time) 4.9meg

Movie 2 (bashing around on the track and grass) 6.16meg

in the 1st movie on the last jump the motor nearly stalled on takeoff and the car nose dived so i punched the throttle to level it out but hit it a little too hard and it landed bad, didnt break anything all day though !

in the 2nd movie Halie had a quick go and got the car up on 2 wheels a couple of times and just kept on powering on !
Old 09-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Tech Fanatic

went up to morphet vale yesterday, the track was the complete opposite of mitchell park, bone dry & dusty. there was a guy there with a few monster trucks & a Jato. he was impressed with the mugen & couldn't believe how fast it was around the track. gave the mugen a good run & didn't break anything, no mue either so all i had to do was brush it down at the end of the day & stick it back on the shelf. much better than pulling the whole thing apart to clean the mud out like last time.
Old 09-18-2005, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

awesome jason

I had a scare yesterday with my Hyper21.. I was having a blast with the car finally run in and it was going like the clappers on 20% nitro - I crashed and kept going.

I crashed again, and the car was on its roof for only a few moments and it stalled, I attempted to start it again - fired up then stalled again after a few moments. Start it again on the box, it runs then stalls again. At this point I realised the air-filter had fallen off - probably in the first jump and there was dirt in the carb.

I put the car away at that point, fearing the worst..

I got home and stripped the engine down, there was some grit in the main bearing in the bottom end, I cleaned it all out with motor spray (like half a can..). The top-end was OK, no scratches or anything on the piston or liner. Coated it all with plenty of after run oil and put it back togeather - everything seems OK. No grit in the bearings or in the bottom end, all the the transfer ports were clean.

I think I was lucky, the engine stalling was more than likely caused by the glow plug in the motor rather than dirt in the engine - the glow plug element was all black and needs replacing
Old 09-18-2005, 06:02 PM
Tech Fanatic

my friend ran his for a few laps yesterday before both the stearing & throttle servo died at the sdame time . we first thought it was a dead battery pack, then a dead reciever. when he got it home & pulled it all apart & tested it both servos were dead. they both went simultaneously. neither of us have a clue why it would do it, but there you go. good excuse to buy a descent set (they were cheap ones that came with the rex x) if you ask me.

he ended up driving my ST until i threw a CV shaft on the it, no idea where it landed & i'll have to buy some spares since i modded the truck to get the MIP XXT ones to fit. i knew i should have bought 2 sets when i ordered them originally. once we were down to 1 buggy there wasn't much point hanging round so that was the end of our day.
Old 09-27-2005, 12:51 AM
Tech Fanatic

Talking Onboard Cam

check out my new movie guys, i fitted my Sony digital camcorder onto my Hyper 7:

Click me NOW ! (9.3Meg 56seconds)
Old 09-27-2005, 01:25 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Just wondering what % of nitro and oil ( be specific ) you's run in ya .21's?
At the Proline Challenge I learnt an absolute mountain about it and found out that the 16% nitro and 18% oil i was running was useless, hence a change to 20% nitro and 8% oil.
Old 09-27-2005, 03:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

it depends on your engine & what it is shimmed for. in my Nova Rossi P5 i run 25% nitro (what it was shimmed for) and 16% blended oil (castor & synthetic) the more nitro you run the cooler the engine will run, but it will still need more oil. i run a blend of castor & synthetic as one takes care of the top end lubrication & the other takes care of the low end lubrication. i have run 20% nitro & 14% oil & it didn't respond as well & ran a bit warm for my liking.

what plug you run will also affect what fuel you should run & visa versa. more nitro will need a cooler plug. i run the OS R5 or the Novarossi C6 for 20 - 25% nitro.
Old 09-28-2005, 03:40 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

what temp did it run at?

non of the top guys run any more than 12% oil.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.