Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brush Farm

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2002, 04:15 AM
AC
Tech Regular

Just my luck, BuggZi has the same frequency as me. so much for a rare frequency.. now i have to go out and buy another one.

Last edited by AC; 09-05-2002 at 05:01 AM.
Old 09-05-2002, 02:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

there are frequencies that are less common than others but to my knowledge no such thing as being exclusive!
Old 09-06-2002, 10:03 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

all the sorex tyres ive had are made in japan - including the even numbers
Yes correct, all sorex tires are made in Japan as this is where the factory is.
Odds for Asian market, evens for US market.
Old 09-06-2002, 10:43 PM
Tech Elite

ive had sorex tyres that come from japan - a mate brought them while on a trip at the end of last year and they have all been even compounds recently i got some from southerncross and they too were even compounds - the pits on the other hand were all odd compounds

but maybe your on to something?

surley zacspeed can sort it out?

how many factories actually make rubber tyres in japan, when you look at the mouldings/construction of sorex, pit, take off and tamiya they are very similar... i wonder if they badge engineer??
Old 09-07-2002, 02:04 AM
Tech Champion

Why do you need rubber anyway? Victorians love rubber, but i'll be betting that no one will be using them at the nationals or the On-Road masters (to be held at brush farm 19-20 Oct)
Old 09-07-2002, 05:02 AM
AC
Tech Regular

I like rubbers, although I havnt tried foams. I was getting great traction on friday, actualy sometimes better than the people on foams!!!
Old 09-07-2002, 05:04 AM
Tech Champion

btw: the above "black-knight" posted comments we not my thoughts, they were by a fellow driver using my account. lol
Old 09-08-2002, 04:34 AM
Tech Regular

AC - aka Alex, i was down at the track on fri nite and it was real dirty, wat happened..?? is it always like that???
btw i am the bloke who came wit luca and carlos, wats yer email addy m8?
Old 09-09-2002, 04:20 AM
AC
Tech Regular

Originally posted by Motorsports00
AC - aka Alex, i was down at the track on fri nite and it was real dirty, wat happened..?? is it always like that???
btw i am the bloke who came wit luca and carlos, wats yer email addy m8?
Yeh hey, the track is almost always like that, ask luca, the week before a sand bag burst and there was sand all over the track! my email addy is [email protected] or give me a buz on my email.
Old 09-09-2002, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

is the track a brush farm a bit dusty? dosent someone take a blower and blow the track off? (hmm that does not read right! )
Old 09-09-2002, 06:23 PM
Tech Initiate

How does the point score work at Brush Farm? How many rounds is it and are only members of Brush Farm included in the pointscore (ie. can non-members win trophies? )
Old 09-09-2002, 11:34 PM
Tech Rookie

Going back to compounds of tires from Japan, as far as I know all the rubber generally comes from the same factory out of Kobe, doesn't matter what maker, Yokomo, Sorex, Pit, Take Off, Ride etc.
Even the Foams that come from Japan eg Kawahara (Zac) the rubber that are in the foams is also from the same Kobe factory.
As for compounds, it doesn't matter if it's Jap or US the compound is what the individual maker decides eg Sorex 20, 24, 28 etc, Ride however has 23, 28, 38 and 43.
Up at the Farm you can't go wrong with 24's-28's at the moment, in the end it all comes down to your driving whether it be with rubber or foams.
Old 09-10-2002, 01:46 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

From my observation over a few meets there, rubbers in stock seemed to be quicker. Granted that the temperature of winter nights might have had something to do with this. Even the dusty surface may be affecting the choice. Mod still need foams thou.

As for tires my last set of sorex's were even's and weren't as good as the two sets of odd's before that. Iwasn't able to get the odd's last time. Maybe they've changed it all but that's all I found out when I enquired overseas.
Can't go past the Pit's or Take off's thou.
I'm told the new Orion's aren't bad either. They're out of the same factory as well, but are shipped out a different door.

Would be good if a blower was taken up there too.
Old 09-10-2002, 02:04 AM
AC
Tech Regular

Yeah, i was doing 18 laps in stock. (the top was 19 or somethin by an f1) I was running take-off cs27's, they work really well at the moment.
Hmm, we should actualy get someone to sweep the track at least (not that i want to!), because all the sand and stuff gets in our cars, and then they get reallly dirty, and that stuff gets all over us!
Old 09-10-2002, 02:38 PM
Tech Elite

thanks zacspeed, i knew i was onto something there!

used the barracuda to good effect last weekend

which fridays do they run brush farm?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.