Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Sydney indoor race track is a go!

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2005, 03:52 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Dan - Yes i believe the normal monday and friday night racign is still on. Also for those with offroad buggies on a shelf somewhere monday night they add jumps to the track and run an offroad class, looks like a lot of fun, will have to get my B4 operational again and have a play.

Also for those not in attendance on friday night, there may be hope for the future of Windsor indoor, there are plans for changes to the partnership, with one of the partners looking to take over this site on his own. Hopefully everyone pulls their finger out and helps to support this great venue, if this one goes im afraid we will never see another in Sydney.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:15 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Besercoe
if this one goes im afraid we will never see another in Sydney.

geez that's a pritty big call!!
Old 10-30-2005, 05:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by VenomWorldOrder
geez that's a pritty big call!!
youre such an inspiration thomas. How long did we go between Hurstville and Windsor? If windsor were to close, it would take a businessman with some big balls to open a third venue.

Is it the distance or the proximity of the barriers at Windsor the reason i have only ever seen you there a couple of times?
Old 10-30-2005, 05:23 PM
Tech Elite

youre such an inspiration thomas. How long did we go between Hurstville and Windsor? If windsor were to close, it would take a businessman with some big balls to open a third venue.

Is it the distance or the proximity of the barriers at Windsor the reason i have only ever seen you there a couple of times?
i went there once, when it first opened. like i said before brad, i don't go because it is too far for me. i'm not going to get into some cheap "i support the hobby better than you" debate. i don't need to, neither do i want to

and yeah, your call was huge it's not every day that people open up a track, period! any track takes time and effort.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:46 PM
Tech Addict

Whats wrong with castle hill, ok there are a few things, no track is perfect, but its still a really good place. Still undercover so race is guaranteed to be on. It is tecnically permanent, if you really want or need to practice on another day, just bring some cones and obstacles and make a track.
If windsor does close its not like people will have nowhere to go.
Windsor is a great place though, I've been there a few times and its very fun, especially the airhockey table, .

Problem is the more tracks we have the more the limited number of racers get spread out.
Old 10-30-2005, 05:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 414m2
Whats wrong with castle hill, ok there are a few things, no track is perfect, but its still a really good place. Still undercover so race is guaranteed to be on. It is tecnically permanent, if you really want or need to practice on another day, just bring some cones and obstacles and make a track.
If windsor does close its not like people will have nowhere to go.
Windsor is a great place though, I've been there a few times and its very fun, especially the airhockey table, .

Problem is the more tracks we have the more the limited number of racers get spread out.
You cannot compare Castle Hill & Windsor. Castle Hill is great fun & run very well & has produced some excellent drivers, but as far as venues & facilities go, Windsor is probably one of if not the best we have in NSW.

Hope the new management run weekend racemeets & actually ADVERTISE it, myself & im sure many others will be there more frequently.
Old 11-01-2005, 02:15 AM
Tech Addict

Default your a dick

you r a dick theres no comparison between ch and windsor totally 2 different set ups
Old 11-01-2005, 03:11 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by Atomix
You cannot compare Castle Hill & Windsor. Castle Hill is great fun & run very well & has produced some excellent drivers, but as far as venues & facilities go, Windsor is probably one of if not the best we have in NSW.
Actually you can compare them, they are both undercover small 1/10 scale electric RC car tracks, and now both run at the same time. Castle hill has an excellent canteen . If windsor is the best in NSW then why is it closing down when some others have been running for a decade?
Windsor does have a better driver's stand, I'll admit.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:32 AM
Tech Champion

maybe a big factor concerning windsor state and Castle Hill is rent is free at CH, and in the thousands a month at Windsor.

there are many other comparisons to be made, but that would not be positive to this discussion.

Gerrhard we are well aware of the stock masters love of castle hill no need to bag another venue because of it.
Old 11-01-2005, 04:37 AM
Tech Regular

oh man. the reason i bought a electric car recently was coz of windsor. i can go there anytime and practice. arrrrrrggggghh

i hope to get my gear sorted b4 they close and have a race. what a shame
Old 11-01-2005, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

maybe a big factor concerning windsor state and Castle Hill is rent is free at CH, and in the thousands a month at Windsor.

there are many other comparisons to be made, but that would not be positive to this discussion.

Gerrhard we are well aware of the stock masters love of castle hill no need to bag another venue because of it.
I wasn't bagging anything. I was just making people aware that how sad it might be, and I am disappointed, its not the end of the world.
Old 11-01-2005, 10:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I wasn't bagging anything. I was just making people aware that how sad it might be, and I am disappointed, its not the end of the world.
Only for those that have outlayed the $$$$$ to try & get it going.
Old 11-02-2005, 03:37 AM
Tech Addict

it sounds like abagging to me,I wonder what dick the airhockey table was good ?????????????
but then again you have only been there once
Old 11-02-2005, 03:53 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Tailend Racer
it sounds like abagging to me,I wonder what dick the airhockey table was good ?????????????
but then again you have only been there once
people??! keep your loyalties aside, the dude was obviously NOT "bagging" windsor. pfft!

all he was saying was that there is another undercover place to race, albiet, it isn't as good as windsor in regards to surface, total weather protection, but you know....it is sort of undercover

THAT'S ALL HE WAS SAYING!
Attached Thumbnails Sydney indoor race track is a go!-gesto_chevvuo.gif  
Old 11-02-2005, 04:08 AM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by VenomWorldOrder
people??! keep your loyalties aside, the dude was obviously NOT "bagging" windsor. pfft!

all he was saying was that there is another undercover place to race, albiet, it isn't as good as windsor in regards to surface, total weather protection, but you know....it is sort of undercover

THAT'S ALL HE WAS SAYING!
der,although the surface is 100% better at the indoor track up there as we all know................

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.