Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
What is the funniest thing uve seen at the track? >

What is the funniest thing uve seen at the track?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

What is the funniest thing uve seen at the track?

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2004, 10:18 PM
Tech Addict

yours WAS a pearler dangles.
The marshal had just stood up with the dead car and was looking toward the drivers stand. Along comes dangles at about 25km/h (at my estimate) from the other direction. (It was a Bo Derek moment!) The orchestra was just getting fired up as the car was nicked from the marshal in disbelief. He had to take a second look AND a 3rd look! Then SPLAT - Flat faced and music stopped. Car was ok apparently no damage - well done dangles.
Old 08-09-2004, 12:37 AM
Tech Adept

yeah dangles, i remember that slip well. Actually caught it on video! Looks great in slow mo. Hope their shoulder and elbow healed.

Also thanks to that marshal on turn 1 who, after an oops on by behalf, CAUGHT my car mid air and returned it straight to the track. Didnt miss a beat.
Old 09-03-2004, 05:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Funniest thing I've seen would be flat out down a straight, clips another cars tail first car starts flipping and flipping and flippinf, over the side of the track, past the marshalls and hits the owners car on the door. The car was parked some 20m away from the track.

After the incident the car was fine, except for some wrecked foam tyres, it was able to drive away. Other car ended up on it's roof on the track.

Other funny thing drift racing TT01 with a 12 double motor in it being out drifted by a TL01 with a silver 540 in it. After 7 minutes of flat out racing the TT01 won by less than a second.
Old 09-03-2004, 08:07 PM

A MINI WITH A 6 SINGLE IT WAS SO FAST THAT IT COULDN'T MAKE IT AROUND THE CORNERS