Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Chargers RC - Yeronga Onroad

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 09:23 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

I would love to get some HPI x pattern mini tyres but I can't find any in AUST (yet)

My old tires were bald and slightly torn and Neville lent me a set of spare tires for last race night. (Saviour)

I had some Tamiya tyres on back order with Hobby One and they finally came in (2 months later).
They have the same tread pattern as the kit tyre but are softer.

Even though I could not catch you ozoner, we were laps ahead of the new guys and I was hoping we hadn't frightened them off.

Dozer's back in town and Mr Tamiya hopefully won't forget his transmitter this time so a full field will hopefully be on the cards.

May the best mini win.
Old 05-26-2003, 11:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

I was on kit tyres last meeting until the last race. they're pretty good actually.

I heard the tamiya softer tyres work pretty well on the carpet, but I haven't tried them myself - I have some HPI Mini super radials that I should try out sometime soonish. Probably this Friday - we'll see how they go.

Excellent that Dozer's back in, and Mr Tamiya will be back. It would be great with a full field. Disco told me he will maybe be back in his mini as well, but he wasn't sure.

Out of curiosity, do you know what the point scoring system will be this series? Will it be heats plus a final or just several races. And will all the races count (or do you drop your worst, or whatever). Not that it matters much, so long as everyone has some fun.

Looking forward to some fun on Friday. Should be a hoot.

-Scott
Old 05-27-2003, 02:42 AM
Tech Addict

Default The new points system.

Yeah, the kit tyres are good but...they don't last very long!

The point system will be based on round by round. every race counts. the winner will get a guaranteed 30 points for a win, 2nd place gets 29 etc regardless of the number of entries. Everyone will get point regardless of their placing and were're not expecting more than 30 entries per class per race night for the winter season.

We'll be taking nominations to teams again for this season so grab a friend and think up a team name and let us know. You've probably seen the guys with matching t-shirts already. If your other team member races in a different class, the points tally will be fairer.
Old 05-29-2003, 05:50 AM
Tech Addict

Default Chargers Web Site

The technical difficulty with updating the chargers web site has been resolved.

The Winter series points for On road and Off road racing can be published.

see www.chargersrc.com
Old 05-29-2003, 07:27 AM
Tech Regular

Default updates

"The technical difficulty with updating the chargers web site has been resolved.

The Winter series points for On road and Off road racing can be published.

see www.chargersrc.com"

excellent...
Old 05-29-2003, 03:45 PM
Tech Addict

Default I just said that...

TC321go, you don't have to repeat my post just to understand it. You can read it and say it in your head or out loud

I know your excited and lets just hope your name shows high in the list of point scorers for everyone to see.

Winning a chocolate bar on a race night is a big thing for some but if you are prone to hyper-activity, I suggest you donate it back to the race controller as a bribe.
Old 06-01-2003, 05:49 PM
Tech Addict

Default What A Night!

What an Awesome turnout for Round 1!

46 Drivers and Seven Races per round!

As you could expect, things went wrong in the first round.

We had a few cars under the carpet, a few broken cars, a few dummy spits, a few stuff-ups by race control but a great night of racing.

Chocolates bars went to
Justin Hughes - 540 Masters
David Rose - 540 Pro
Scott Harris - Mini
Tom Beadle - 540 Novice

see www.chargersrc.com for more details.
Old 06-02-2003, 08:04 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Thank You David and All The Guys!

I would just like to thank David and everyone else who has helped out at the club during my absence.

I will be back, but unfortunately not for a while due to work commitments.

Please be patient with David and all the guys who are helping run the club as it can get very time consuming and busy.

Remember to keep your racing fun and fair.

Regards

Mark Donataccio
Old 06-03-2003, 06:09 PM
Tech Addict

Default What happened

Hey havago how come i had points now i dont i joined the club to keep.Please let me know why this has happened if someone has complained i would like to know.
Old 06-03-2003, 07:21 PM
Tech Addict

Default Why Try's Points

I was reminded by the club executive to collect points only for members who race within the class specifications.
The 540 Masters class required the Proline Control K H13 tire.

You are still entitled the chocolate bar trophy (I had to check on that as you remember) but for fairness for all the other drivers, we do require the cars too be compliant.

You are welcome to lodge an official protest but....

A few other drivers have also asked if the current points series can be changed to drop the worst round (only one). I will be seeking a ruling on this to see if it is acceptable to the club executive and the majority of all the drivers.
Old 06-04-2003, 03:53 AM
Tech Regular

Smile Winter series

I'm not sure who else is keen on dropping the worst round of the winter series, But I certainly am. By dropping the worst round, people with alternate commitments will still have a chance at the championship. Moreover, if you have a shocker of a night, you can still be competitive in the long run.

Another thing I'd like to promote is the possibility of a Carpet titles meeting, as discussed at the last meeting, this would be great exposure for the club and should generate plenty of interest.

Finally, a link on the chargersrc.com web-site to rctech.net and this forum specifically would be a great idea, and would help increase awareness and discussion of this Chargersrc forum.

Old 06-04-2003, 12:06 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I agree dropping the worst round is a good option and rather normal in RC circles.

Planning for the Titles meet is well under way but waiting to find out when we can get the hall on a Saturday that suits (unfortunately it's never available on a Sunday). Plan is to run Novice and Mini (3 heats and 3 A finals etc) on the Friday night and then Pro Tourers, Masters Tourers and Open Stock (rebuildable and foams) on the Saturday.

We have the problem of not wanting to advertise our Friday night meet too much as we can't take any more numbers in the time we have available unless we drop back to 3 racers which would be a very unpopular move amongst the members.
Old 06-04-2003, 08:00 PM
Tech Master

Dropping the worst round would be great - and as you say Heavy, very much normal practice in other RC series.

I for one have work committments (sadly unable to be rescheduled) on the evening of the next race meet, and would be a bit bummed if this threw me out of contention for the rest of the series. Still, at the end of the day, if the rules say that all 6 rounds count and the rules aren't changed to drop one round, that's _my_ problem not the club's.

And the carpet titles sounds like fun. Count me in.

-Scott
Old 06-11-2003, 11:12 PM
Tech Master

Hi there

coming down for a while from Rocky and AGAIN gonna try and come a race there... missed out at easter due to some misinformation

whats the deal with classes... I have a mini I want to race and also a tourer... not sure if I have the right gearing for a 540 though so any help there would be appreciated
Old 06-15-2003, 03:50 PM
Tech Addict

Default Yeronga..

ShadowAu, It's got to be rubber. (if it's not on - it's not on!)

see www.chargersrc.com for class specifications.

There hasn't been any rebuildable stock for atleast 6 months so break out your Control K tires left-over from last year (unless you want to race with the "demolition derby" class - Novices)

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.