Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing
Chargers RC - Yeronga Onroad >

Chargers RC - Yeronga Onroad

Chargers RC - Yeronga Onroad

Old 11-05-2003, 09:30 PM
5am
Tech Adept

As it is, the Spring Season has been shortened to five rounds to accomodate the Enduro. The Enduro is on the last racing night for On-road for 2003.
So is the enduro counting towards the championship?
Old 11-05-2003, 09:39 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally posted by 5am
So is the enduro counting towards the championship?
NO
Old 11-05-2003, 10:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

guys what is the exact daates for the enduro?
Old 11-05-2003, 10:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by hawker
guys what is the exact daates for the enduro?
12th December... Same night as my Wife's work Xmas party.

Choices...Choices... which will it be????
Old 11-05-2003, 10:32 PM
Tech Fanatic

HURRRARY, i was worried it was going to be end of november....which is schoolies week, I don't think i should be driving real cars lit'a lone R/C!!!

yaaaay lol
Old 11-06-2003, 02:43 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Originally posted by Havago Racing
12th December... Same night as my Wife's work Xmas party.

Choices...Choices... which will it be????
Wow if you aren't going to be there - I was expecting you to make up a team - we might definitely be short of Minis.

By teh way guys I have a Mini for sale if anyone is interested.

MO3 with rear toe in bits and front Alloy knuckle thingies - excellent condition hasn't done a lot of work but substantially crash tested. No radio or electrics etc.

We are getting a Mission for Stevo so he can race at Logan or Wynnum if he can't make it Friday night so the Mini has to go.
Old 11-06-2003, 03:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Is there any chance of the for sale section on our website being resurrected? I think selling/buying stuff within the club is a good thing.

As for Havago's wife's Christmas party - from my experience, being a partner at a Christmas party is decidedly crap. Racing sounds much better to me, although non-attendance at these things can be punishable by death.

C'mon Dave... you know you want to race... hehe.

In my opinion, we really need to boost the number of minis we have racing, or the class is at risk of becoming a bit ordinary. For a start, I'm likely not going to run mini next season - I find that running 2 classes is just too big an effort, and takes most of the fun out of it (must... run... schumacher.....). And with the majority of the other mini guys (Dozer, Disco, Adam, Mr Tamiya...) primarily running another class, I think we could have issues in the medium term with numbers.

Anyone thinking of having a go at mini - you should do it. Buy Heavy's mini. Or buy a new Mini (new kits can be had *cheap*, and you really don't need many hopups to be as fast as anyone). You get real good at car setup real quick (front wheel drive is an interesting setup experience), and the cars are so close it makes you become a better driver. And you become a *smooth* driver real quick - if you don't, you roll your car at every corner.

And you get to be part of the most spectacular crashes in RC racing

Go the mini.

-Scott
Old 11-06-2003, 03:50 AM
Tech Fanatic

Scot

i totally agree, mini is the bomb! but seriously, keep he numebrs up guys, scots right, mini is a vauable racing expereince. I've had one for a little while now, but it hasn't been used more than 10min!!! just waiting on an electronic speedy, then I can get dad racing which should be good
Old 11-06-2003, 05:34 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ah it all fits together now - was speaking to a guy at the carpet tiles I think (it's obvious now, in hindsight, it was your father) who was saying "my lad's trying to get me down here racing in mini".

You'll need some swaybars, toe in rear uprights (although not necessary they make things easier) and .. umm... you dont really need anything else. Oh a set of aluminium uprights will cost you a fortune, but will stop you brekaing 3 uprights per night (that's my record). Inherent problem with the design - the upright is about 1mm clearance from the motor. First thing you hit you bend the upright.

Oil shocks are also a nice option - I wouldn't buy the alloy ones like I did - just buy the plastic oil filled mini shocks. I run mine at 60/40 oil (3 hole piston) but some guys run 40 all round.

Oh, and for what it's worth, don't try and even the wear out over your 4 tyres - let one pair wear more than the other pair. Most of us run slicks (or kit tyres run down to slicks) at the front and treaded (kit or otherwise) at the back. Virtually no wear on the rear tyres at all. Keeps the cost down this way, and doesnt traction roll too much. My car spins its wheels out of every corner I can hear it from the stand...

-Scott
Old 11-06-2003, 02:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally posted by ozoner
Is there any chance of the for sale section on our website being resurrected? I think selling/buying stuff within the club is a good thing.
Only to grad to ..
Just send me the details for Sale and I'll put it up...
You'll have to let me know when it's sold too so I can take it off afterwards.

email the details to : [email protected]
Old 11-06-2003, 10:56 PM
Tech Rookie

Some others of us Mini maniacs have also found it a bit too much running 2 cars (not enough time for tea).Also have taken a while for brain reaction to match that of new Schumachers.
Next series am thinking of doing alternate meets in Mini and 'Schumacher' classes. Don't want Mini class to die through lack of numbers.
Old 11-07-2003, 12:08 AM
Tech Adept

Default meakin

does anyone head through mt gravat to get to meakin

cause i fully want to race there but no transport
Old 11-07-2003, 05:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)
Default MEAKIN

I could go around that way to pick you up
Old 11-07-2003, 05:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

Hey guys

quick question, I'm after standard servos, i need 2-3 of them, plus a ESC, pref with reverse, that can handle down to 16t any condition, as long as it works. Trying to get a friend of a friend up and racing.

thanx guys
Old 11-07-2003, 02:59 PM
Tech Adept

Default ???

hey does anyone have brads phone number i need to call him !!!!

do they close meakin if the tracks a little wet

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.