Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Engine Warranty

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2007, 05:35 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by robot
but if you buy it from a shop such as yours MM, isn't it your duty to help out the customer, not the customer do all the leg work as they never bought it direct from them, you being the manufacturers agent. Why is the model car industry different from and other. If i buy any other product from any other shop and some thing happens even if its my fault or not there are the 3 R's " replace, repair or refund to the customers satifaction" why are Nitro engines so special and above all the rest. My opinion only, but i reakon CA would have a field day with this.

Absolutely , Any one selling an engine or any other part id immagine would be the point person for any warranty claim and its their duty to go back to the manyfacturer and process the claim. But that is still off topic.
Old 03-04-2007, 05:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

The difficult part of a warranty claim on a Nitro engine is proving what went wrong. I know of one shop that has helped people with warranty claims, they lost out but would hopefully have retained a happy customer.

I believe that the Sirios that broke cranks due to poor manufacture were warranted as well. Also I know of an RB that got new bearings under warranty.

If you have a good relationship with your supplier then you would have to have a better chance of getting some joy if there is a problem.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)

I bought a OS V-Spec from a hobby shop in brisbane. This would be my 5 th nitro engine. After 5 ltr it spat a hole out under the conrod.

It didnt let go. The hole was arond the size of a finger nail. Went back to the shop they were arse holes(Hobbyrama) After 2 weeks they sent it to Model Engines(Bigger arse Holes) After 3 weeks they sent it to OS in japan. After another 3 weeks they said it sucked a mouth full of dirt got play in the rod and rubbed against case. My fault. They offered to replace block and rod for $300 .
Well you don't need to know what i said. Sold the carby and the piston ,sleeve. Still going well after 30 ltrs. Not bad since it sucked a big lot of dirt. What a load of @##@@#@ shit.
IF OS INSTALLED good bearings and not blame the user especially when it didnt let go. The hobby shop lost a real good customer and i will never buy a os again.
Yes The user can not prove anything. A weeks wages for 5ltrs. I dont have any campassion for consumers to buy from OS. HOBBY SHOPS AND IMPORTERS have a lot to learn about how to treat consumers.Over 2 months to get a answear is NOT good enough. .
Bought a charger a super Nova Competion. $400 one of the fans don,t come on when discharging than over heats and shut down. The hobby shop gave me my money back( not Hobbyrama) Well model engines didnt want to know about it . The Hobby shop is now stuck with it.
Old 03-04-2007, 06:41 PM
Tech Master

thanks Mad Racer, Im hoping not to mention suppliers and distributors if you can help it, I just want to know the part that failed and if i the warranty was honoured.

thanks

PS Sorry to hear about your stuff around..

thanks Steve for the info ! Always get a straight answer outta you man !

Cheers
Old 03-04-2007, 06:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default warranty claims???

At the worlds Brisbane, the south Africian driver car flipped on the back straight hit by another car at full noise, motor was hit on the cooling fins and snapped the block thru engine mount and along the crank line. O'Rine gave him a new motor and clutch of their top end selections without even question or anything asked and also rebuild a number of other engines for people at no charge who weren't even racing and I was certainly impressed by their back up and service.
Old 03-04-2007, 07:16 PM
Tech Elite

In Short after 2 months NO , it was my fault. I just thought the service was very poor on all parties that the engine came from.

Even OS could have been better. Afer being in this hobby for over 20 yrs and have raced in most parts of Australia and some places in the UK i have never been treated like this. Honest the hobby shops and importers need to look after the consumer better. I really didn't think much of guys buying fom overe seas but i don't blame them when you get treated like you are idiot.
If i treat my costomers like that i would be fired.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:25 PM
Tech Master

Peter did you mean Orion ? I saw one of the orion wasps go on the week end , very quick !
Old 03-04-2007, 10:33 PM
Tech Regular

i have had a techwell that had a circlip on the gudgen pin let go at full noise.it was replaced no questions asked.the motor they replaced it with died to when the oneway bearing in the pull start locked up also at full noise. that was also replaced no questions asked.

i had a ns12s3 that had no comp left after 1 meeting. it was sent back and it was rebuilt with new piston/liner/rod/bearings. but it was also an 'old stock' engine.

and then theres the rb that you know about.with no warranty,and the sole reason why i wont buy anything rb again
Old 03-04-2007, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Now I see where this is going!!! Bash RB!! Well I have had nothing but awsome service from them and the motors are simply the best! Just look at PDNR and what most people run and the answer is simple!

Novarossi on the other hand was a very different story and the reason I wont buy one again, the hobby shop I bough the Novarossi from helped me even though it was a manufacturer issue.
Anyway to the best of my knowledge RB are the only brand that will warrant a modified motor if it is done by an accredited party.

Not completely 100% sure on this but I am pretty sure that is the case.

Anyway If you take it back to the shop you bought it from I am 100% sure it would be looked at by the imported and given a sympathetic go if it sounds like the clim is lagit.
Old 03-04-2007, 10:50 PM
Tech Master

Moot,

Don't you work in or own a hobby shop I would have thought you of all people could get service from one of your suppliers.

Cheers

Nick
Old 03-04-2007, 10:59 PM
Tech Regular

i dont know where you get ya info from but no,i dont work or own a hobby shop.

this is just a pass time for me when i get time

i got no satisfaction out of rb. but i did from novarossi. i'm not bashing anyone,just telling my experiances
Old 03-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Tech Master

Moot,

Must have mixed you up with someone else, I bought a couple of spectrum receivers from you a couple of weeks back and one of the people that pm'ed me at that time had something to do with a hobby shop!

Anyway the hobby shops I have dealt with have all had a very good relationship RB so I have always been confident running their products, in saying that I played with a couple of Techwells and found them to be OK for the price.
Old 03-04-2007, 11:22 PM
Tech Regular

Allthough this is not in relation to an engine I think it falls into a similar category.

I purchased a Futaba S9451 servo from Hobbyrama in Brisbane, where I consider myself to be a pretty good customer. During a race meet it started pissing out smoke, needless to say it was gooone. Was only a few weeks old at the time.

I took it into to Hobbyrama, without a reciept and they sent it off to Toy Traders to have it replaced under warranty. The response they got back was it was my fault and was caused by servo stall (I have no idea what that is). Hobbyrama replaced it for me anyway, a $140 servo no questions asked.

so I can only say good things about Hobbyrama but it seems you had a much different experience Mad Racer.

It seems the importers of Rc Products are real arseholes with warranty which in turn makes the retailers look bad.
Old 03-05-2007, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Im glad you got your servo replaced Pedro. Its not my only bad experiance with hobbyramma. They sold my lay by and kept half of the deposit. Didn,t even phone me.

Yep Good service . Now i buy all my stuff from over seas even glue.
Old 03-05-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Adept

hi guys

i was of the impression that one you started the motor most if not all of your warranty was gone.

also i have found rb motors to be one of the best on the market i dont run them now but did not so long ago and they were awsome had some probs with a carby blockage but even though the motor was secound hand the
importer still bent over backwards to help get it go and it show it qualified secound at the sydeny gp...

so dont bag the RB

cheers

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.