Search
Like Tree7Likes

Bendigo..Vic.. On Road Car Club

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2006, 02:08 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey skip, do you still want the carpet?
the roll is 2.8 metres long it should fit in your car.
Old 07-26-2006, 02:25 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by RACER12
hey skip, do you still want the carpet?
the roll is 2.8 metres long it should fit in your car.
Yeh Cool.. We will Take it ... Will workout How to get when i talk to ya next

Thanx Mate
Old 07-26-2006, 02:37 AM
Tech Master

so what tricks have you's got up ya sleeve to make your mini's go faster,nt and skip?
Old 07-26-2006, 02:40 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Skip wants it for his playpen at the Challenge
Old 07-26-2006, 02:49 AM
NT
Tech Elite

so what tricks have you's got up ya sleeve to make your mini's go faster,nt and skip?
If you'd have looked at my mini on the weekend, you'd have noticed that it still even runs the original friction dampeners!! I only got one secret in the car, and its nothing too secret at all!

I've had a good look over Skip's Mini at several points, and his has got nothing very special on it either, though it could do with a wheel alignment

Nezz's Mini - pretty much dead stock.

Mr G's Mini was under lock and key all day, never got a good look, but he's playing with set ups

I did have a pretty good look over the snot box on sunday, and whatever has been done to it is internal! Nothing special to be seen.

Lightning McQueen is the only other Mini i've had a good look over, and it has undergone a bit of change in the last month, but again, nothing too extreme in my books and on the outside, nothing outside the fair game boundaries!

I found the secret in the finals - bit too late to do much though. I'm onto it for the final of the Challenge though!
Old 07-26-2006, 03:27 AM
Tech Champion

Mine is to stay out of NT's Way
Old 07-26-2006, 05:32 AM
NT
Tech Elite

Talking

Originally Posted by VoneSkip
Mine is to stay out of NT's Way
Should be easy to do since you spend more time behind me than in front
Old 07-26-2006, 11:59 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by NT
Should be easy to do since you spend more time behind me than in front
Yeh but Not forgetting thats because ya have already done the Damage
Old 07-26-2006, 03:32 PM
NT
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by VoneSkip
Yeh but Not forgetting thats because ya have already done the Damage
That's funny, cos i only even remember hitting you once, and that was when you were doing your turtle-on0its-back impersonation!

Oh, and the time we spent running a full lap or two practically stuck together But that was all fair - at least I thought it was!

I can't help it that my mini is better than yours!
Old 07-26-2006, 04:22 PM
Tech Adept

Hey skip,
Ben Sterling here mate, what rules do you guys have for minis up there. As in what motors and options etc. Might come up to the power grunt with my mini and show you guys what Power minis should REALY be putting out.
Old 07-26-2006, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Dipping Motors

Just read that to run in motors they dip them in water.

Anyone know what this does and how to do it ?
Old 07-26-2006, 08:52 PM
NT
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by KYOSHORACER
Hey skip,
Ben Sterling here mate, what rules do you guys have for minis up there. As in what motors and options etc. Might come up to the power grunt with my mini and show you guys what Power minis should REALY be putting out.

The only direct stipulation that we have put forward is that they MUST run a stock silver can (ie the one that came with the kit - Johnson/Mabuchi)

Gearing, is restricted by the chassis, i think the 20 tooth is the biggest and is generally what everyone is running anyhow. Any different gearing to give better top speed will be noticeable as the cars we have are very similar in speed - its only cornering speeds that greatly differ

Hop-ups: No real problems here, as long as the chassis is not changed. Most of the front running cars run Oil shocks as opposed to the friction kit included ones. Some don't though. I've read its not a huge difference in handling though apparently - i don't know, i still run the friction dampeners

A few cars run sway bars etc. Not sure there's a huge difference though.

Batteries - most run 1800 Venom packs (cos they are cheap!) a few are running 2400's and upwards, but only one or two.

Tires - stock kit tires seem to work ok - i have foams, but cheif scrutineer asked me to remove them, so i haven't tried them on the track (it was wet anyways, so i had planned to!) Basically, they have to be mini sized tires, and not touring car sized versions.

Any other hops ups are fine i believe, but really, there is not much point in spending huge money on the car - i feel - as it doesn't really improve things remarkably.

Any other Q's, just holla!

pkmck111 - the motors run in in water apparently helps them to seat properly. I didn't do it, and i managed just fine on the weekend! What did the Team McKendry Mini have done to it? Cos it's the one i'd be sussing out
Old 07-26-2006, 08:58 PM
NT
Tech Elite

Should have mentioned that spending money on keeping the car on the ground (ie handling hop-ups) is great, but only to a certain point, cos after that, traction rolling becomes a huge issue (doesn't it Skip ) So there really is a pre-determined grip limit before you want the car to slide around a bit!

We don't have any 03M versions racing, mostly 03 standards, with a couple of 03L's in the mix. Really though, there is nothing between the cars. The L probably is a bit more stable at high speeds, but i'm not sure, I drive an 03std.

There are also mod's that Skip and the Snot Box have installed, but me thinks they just act like a handbrake (well, on Skips at least )
Old 07-26-2006, 09:00 PM
Tech Regular

We use to dip the motors to clean them when we raced off-road.
Lightnins got a dip the other day after a squirt in the dirt, maybe that was the secret to the speed on sunday. Damm wasnt spose to post that bit.
Old 07-26-2006, 09:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by NT
Tires - stock kit tires seem to work ok - i have foams, but cheif scrutineer asked me to remove them, so i haven't tried them on the track (it was wet anyways, so i had planned to!) Basically, they have to be mini sized tires, and not touring car sized versions.
I seen a certain mini running some 24mm rubbers on the weekend

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.