Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By ShadowAu
  • 3 Post By smithers64

8 minute Touring Car finals

Search this Thread

Old 04-03-2019, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Default 8 minute Touring Car finals

I have just watched the OneTen series and noticed they run 8 min finals for all touring car classes including mod.

None seem to have no issue making the distance without dumping and most did a few warm up laps.

So the question is why are we looking at this? I know I sure would love more race time
Old 04-04-2019, 12:04 AM
Tech Adept

It's a start, I guess.

It'd be nice to just flip the standard format on its head and have only one qualy for however many races.
Old 04-06-2019, 06:23 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)

Originally Posted by Bloke
It's a start, I guess.

It'd be nice to just flip the standard format on its head and have only one qualy for however many races.

This!! Especially at club level where we struggle to fill a full heat of one class. 3 quals to sort out the starting order of 10 or less cars. To then run 3 finals is getting boring.

I'd love to see one seeding qualifier. Then 5 rounds of finals. (Or 4x8min) Start the next final in the previous final finishing order.

Old 04-06-2019, 03:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by sparksy
This!! Especially at club level where we struggle to fill a full heat of one class. 3 quals to sort out the starting order of 10 or less cars. To then run 3 finals is getting boring.

I'd love to see one seeding qualifier. Then 5 rounds of finals. (Or 4x8min) Start the next final in the previous final finishing order.
You mean like we USED to do it before everyone decided that you had to run club meets like mini title meets all the time
sparksy and Radio Active like this.
Old 04-06-2019, 04:07 PM
Tech Adept

Maybe speedway club format?

2x5min heats, 8-10min final? No qualy, just random grid draw for heat 1, reverse grid heat 2, accumulated points decides the grid for the final.

Even title meets don't have to be as long and drawn out as they are. Sure, they're still relatively cheap to enter for the track time you get, but people are time poor these days.
Old 04-10-2019, 08:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It's entirely up to the club how they run the meet. Only sanctioned events need to run the qualy/final format. At SMA in Sydney we have run my different formats from Reedy race style to 1 qualy with 4 finals etc. talk to your club about this.