Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2017 Castle Hill Vintage Enduro 26th Feb 2017 EP10 OFR >

2017 Castle Hill Vintage Enduro 26th Feb 2017 EP10 OFR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree40Likes

2017 Castle Hill Vintage Enduro 26th Feb 2017 EP10 OFR

Search this Thread

Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Old 01-15-2017, 03:06 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Old 01-15-2017, 10:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hey guys

Heres a bit of a run down of the teams so far for the enduros, this is looking like a hot one with a bunch of very competitive teams. So far it has been very interesting to see how teams have gone about getting under the cap. We’ll be seeing a few trucks out there this year as well as a few of the lower points tamiyas (madcap / Bear hawk) mixed in with the usual array of RC10’s, Top Forces

Blitzer enduro: at this stage we’re looking low on numbers, 3 confirmed and a couple of maybes, if I cant get 6 confirmed starters by the end of the week, we’ll cancel the race for this year and have the time available for extra practise in the morning and maybe look at starting the main race a little earlier if everyone is happy with that though I know a few travellers were planning on not getting to the track too early

If anyone has any ideas for a fun enduro that might get enough people in, please let me know, the other thing I had thought of was open the race up to all cars 1.5 points or lower

Main enduro

Weak Link Racing – Steven James (Dirt thrasher), Adam Ford (Top Force), Clint Musgrove (Top Force), Capt. Splatt (Terra Scorcher) – These guys came up with the idea of this team not long after last years enduro. A no pressure team where the drivers all brought good points allowing for the best car line up in the field. This means while some teams will be dropping pace while running lower end tamiyas or trucks, they will still have Top Forces and Dirt Thrashers on track. Steve James has been plotting this concept for several years. A consistent effort at sand bagging and lack of preparation at recent festivals has given him his lower ranking allowing the team to form. Since locking in the team, Steve has already put in significant time building up the car in preparation for this event. No weak links here, with a terra scorcher that punches above its weight in the hands of Dean, expect these guys to bubble up in the mix as the race unfolds

The Dukes of Casso – James Whitbourn (Madcap), Gavin Kilian (RC10), Jason Hollis (Optima rere), Michael Russell (Optima Mid) – Born out of a few disbanded teams Mikey and Jason are together again and have picked up fast men James W and Gavin. James will be dragging out his madcap which has punched above its weight in recent enduros, Gav has his RC10 back out again with some new parts after some dramas in 2016, Jason has put together a rere optima and is giving the javelin a break this year and Mikey has the Optima mid which debuted last festival. Another mix of pace and consistency in this team which should see them in the mix up front as the race unfolds

Make RC Great Again – Cam Sautelle (RC10 TBC*), Paul Shannon (RC10 TBC*), Andrew Sienniak (Bear hawk TBC*), Jonny Xu (Bear Hawk TBC*) – A new team for 2017! Team traxxas/hornet have paired up with Andrew and vintage newcomer Jonny to form one of the strongest teams on the grids. The car lineup is subject to change but expect Cam and Paul to carve it up for pace up front with the RC10s with Andrew and Jonny putting in consistent laps with the Bear Hawks.

Bugle Boy Racing (Name TBC*)- Bugle (RC10T), David Niven (RC10), Romsey (RC10), Scott McQueen (Madcap) - The Bugles are back, a 2nd and 3rd placing in the last 2 years shows their form and returning with the same driving line up with a few different cars to get under the cap. Two pacey RC10s backed up with a well sorted RC10T and Scott’s nice madcap make me think these guys have the recipe to take the trophy this year

Southern Highlands – Dave Matthews (Egress), Michael Harlow (Losi JRX2), Scott Hogan (TBA*), David Gynn (Cougar 2000) – You can guarantee the defending champions will be extremely competitive. These guys have been looking at options to get under the points cap, despite the potential of a mugen bulldog being in the line up, it looks like a more regular line up similar to last year will be back again with Scott dropping to a low end truck to give them the right points

Once Were Drivers – Brad Denning (Blazing Star), Stephen Thorncraft (RC10), Wayne Wilkins (RC10), Brendan George (Traxxas Blue Eagle LSII/RC10T) – Another new team added this year which is great to see!! The boys from Bathurst and they’ll be back in town in search of the winners trophy. Brad and Stephen have pulled in some mates from on-road, Wayne and Brendan, to put together a team that could be the big wild card for the year, a great mix of cars including a traxxas truck, I’m looking forward to see how they go in their first enduro and don’t be fooled by the “haven’t raced in years line” they’ll be on the pace

The Codgers - Rob Smith (RC10B2), Dave Martin (RC10T), Brian Goby (RC10) the codgers are back!! With a last minute signing of Rob Smith and his unstoppable B2, Dave has put together a very strong team for 2017. Brian has a nice RC10 ready to go and Dave has been putting together a 10T for this event. Look for these guys to be up front early with Rob on the pace and stay up there as others have to put their lower points cars out

Totally Shafted Racing – Alex Fry (Egress), Terence Chang (Bear Hawk), Scott Lane (TBC) – the shafted boys are back, Scott heading up from Melbourne again and our resident No.1 photographer Alex Fry will be wheeling his Egress and Terence is digging out a bear hawk for this year. A years experience under their belts, the boys are back for a good time again this year. The guys are looking for a 4th driver also, so if you’re looking for a relaxed team environment and the chance to run a max points value car, this is your team

Theres a few partial teams looking for drivers or perhaps to merge with other pairings

Pete Wagner and Jason Milward are looking for a 3rd driver, probably someone with a lower points car, but can accommodate most

Shane Edwards and Dan Burrough from the very competitive night hawk racing are looking for a 3rd member

Paul Tsigos and Chris have been in touch via facebook with a bit of interest in the event, we hope they’re able to put a team together

Cheers

Mikey
Old 01-16-2017, 08:17 PM
Tech Elite

Default entry list update

Hey guys

Just a quick update

Please get your motor orders in asap if you need one, i will be ordering on friday from Ari. As always we thank Ari and Hobby Express importers and his retail store www.nbhc.com.au for their support

Blitzer enduro: i've got 1 more potential entrant for the race but we're still 2 short of the required 6 to lock in this race, if you are planning on running, please let me know before the end of the week

If anyone has any ideas for a fun enduro that might get enough people in, please let me know, the other thing I had thought of was open the race up to all cars 1.5 points or lower

Main enduro

Cam has been in touch to confirm the car line up for "Make RC great again" will be as we had it up there, so they're locked in

"Once were drivers" are rejigging the car line up slightly because i didn't realise at the time that they'd gone over the points cap - sorry guys

Jason and Pete are close to signing a deal with some of the other dudes keen to run this year, 3 cars or 4 cars, some thumbwrestling over who gets to drive a yokomo this year, all will be revealed here exclusively as news comes to hand

Totally shafted are still looking for a 4th driver

Weak Link Racing – Steven James (Dirt thrasher), Adam Ford (Top Force), Clint Musgrove (Top Force), Capt. Splatt (Terra Scorcher)

The Dukes of Casso – James Whitbourn (Madcap), Gavin Kilian (RC10), Jason Hollis (Optima rere), Michael Russell (Optima Mid)

Make RC Great Again – Cam Sautelle (RC10), Paul Shannon (RC10), Andrew Sienniak (Bear hawk), Jonny Xu (Bear Hawk)

Bugle Boy Racing (Name TBC*)- Bugle (RC10T), David Niven (RC10), Romsey (RC10), Scott McQueen (Madcap)

Southern Highlands – Dave Matthews (Egress), Michael Harlow (Losi JRX2), Scott Hogan (TBA*), David Gynn (Cougar 2000)

Once Were Drivers – Brad Denning (TBA*), Stephen Thorncraft (RC10), Wayne Wilkins (RC10), Brendan George (Traxxas Blue Eagle LSII/RC10T)

The Codgers - Rob Smith (RC10B2), Dave Martin (RC10T), Brian Goby (RC10)

Totally Shafted Racing – Alex Fry (Egress), Terence Chang (Bear Hawk), Scott Lane (TBC)

And in other news.....

Steve is still looking for his car

wikileaks is set to release a leaked spreadsheet generated by M. Harlow which will reveal the highlanders secret strategy for domination in 2017

Loctite have knocked back my request for sponsorship

Cheers

Mikey
Old 01-16-2017, 08:27 PM
Tech Master

I believe loctite are in talks with Steve for sponsorship, but they said he has to use their product in order to be sponsored.

Old 01-16-2017, 09:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by xrayracer1
I believe loctite are in talks with Steve for sponsorship, but they said he has to use their product in order to be sponsored.

"Stevetite". It's sticky... but not dispensed in a conventional loctite manner....

Last edited by ajford; 01-16-2017 at 09:36 PM.
Old 01-16-2017, 09:51 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Yes, Stevetite is sticky, but sadly is in short supply these days...

Originally Posted by ajford
"Stevetite". It's sticky... but not dispensed in a conventional loctite manner....
Old 01-16-2017, 10:01 PM
Tech Master

Stevetite is over rated
Old 01-16-2017, 10:23 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by NOFX

"Once were drivers" are rejigging the car line up slightly because i didn't realise at the time that they'd gone over the points cap - sorry guys
Hey Mikey,
Can I run my ummmm hornet?
Old 01-16-2017, 10:56 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by bd581
Hey Mikey,
Old 01-16-2017, 11:14 PM
Tech Elite

The spirit of the race award winner right here folks!!!

You belong here mate with humour like that

I'm sure the hop ups on that hornet were available back in the day

Cheers
Mikey

Hey Mikey,
Old 01-16-2017, 11:50 PM
Tech Addict

Our team was wondering,
How does qualifying work?
Do we nominate 1 person?
Do we all have a go and times combined?
Old 01-17-2017, 12:57 AM
Tech Master

Our team was wondering,
How does qualifying work?
Do we nominate 1 person?
Do we all have a go and times combined?
We have a ten minute practice session and you can all have a run or nominate 1 driver from your team to run and grids are determined by the fasted lap on that session.
Old 01-17-2017, 01:16 AM
Tech Elite

Spot on Gav

And it doesn't matter which driver in the team does the fastest lap for the team.
Originally Posted by xrayracer1
We have a ten minute practice session and you can all have a run or nominate 1 driver from your team to run and grids are determined by the fasted lap on that session.
Old 01-18-2017, 10:20 PM
Tech Elite

Default 9th team confirmed!

Pete has been in touch and he and Jason have drafted in Jon Koumans to join their team. At the moment the team name is sloppy jalopy racing
Old 01-19-2017, 12:42 AM
Tech Master

Wooo! More teams!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.