Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2017 Castle Hill Vintage Enduro 26th Feb 2017 EP10 OFR >

2017 Castle Hill Vintage Enduro 26th Feb 2017 EP10 OFR

Like Tree40Likes

2017 Castle Hill Vintage Enduro 26th Feb 2017 EP10 OFR

Old 12-11-2016, 10:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default 2017 Castle Hill Vintage Enduro re-run 9th April 2017 EP10 OFR

Hi Everyone!! The Castle Hill committee is proud to announce the Castle Hill Vintage Enduros for 2017 will be re-run on Sunday the 9th of April.

Following the successful return of the vintage enduro in its new format in 2015 and in 2016 the feedback we have received is basically don’t change the rules, but maybe tweak a few cars up and down in points, so that’s what we’ve done! We’ve dropped most of the trucks by a little

With regards to the points values for particular buggies, the allocation takes into account the speed of the car, consideration is also given to rareness of the buggy, available gearing options, fragility and run time.

A few little changes to the rules this year:

We’ve removed the option to share a car across a couple of drivers, so now it’s either 1 car per driver or 1 car per team

If driver time is not available due to alycat issues, a minimum lap matrix will be used

Please see Enduro Guidelines attached for further info and rules relating to the event and also see buggy list attached for points allocation

Once again this year both enduros will be run on the one day. The Blitzer enduro will be a 2hr event followed by the main enduro which will again run for 5 hours. I’ve had a couple people asking if we can make it over two days, more people suggested to me that if over two days they’d only make it for one of the races.

Fast Facts
2 Hour Blitzer Enduro: Will run if we get 6 trucks
Allowed chassis: Stadium Blitzer, Stadium Thunder, Blitzer beetle and Tamiya king cab/Hilux monster racer
800am: Blitzer enduro qualifying session (10 minutes)
830am: 2 hour Blitzer enduro starts, (ending 1030am)
Motor choice: Tamiya Sport tuned part no 53068 (team to supply own) or control 540 motor used at festival or main enduro

If using the sport tuned the team must use 13 tooth pinion in Blitzer (recommend buy a steel pinion to replace standard Tamiya). In King cab/Hilux, gearing fixed at 77/19

If using the 540 control motor the team may use the 15 tooth or the 13 tooth pinion and King Cab must use 77/19 or 70/20

Batteries: 6000mah 2s lipo max (hard case) LiHV not allowed
90 second minimum pit stop time every time the truck comes to the pits
Blitzers must be stock except for allowed upgrades which are detailed in the Enduro guidelines

5 hour - 3 or 4 Driver / multi car enduro
Motor: Johnson 540 motor for all cars (must be bought from the club or motors from the last few festivals may be used
10:30am Drivers meeting / Group photo
1100am: qualifying session (10 minutes)
1130am: 5 hour enduro race starts, ending 430pm
Batteries: 6000mah 2s lipo max (hard case) (No receiver packs)
1 minute minimum pit stop time every time the car comes to the pits

Entry Fee : $30 per driver covers you for the both enduros

Hopefully that’s everything, all the best in organising your team, if you are looking for a driver or a driver looking for a team - please post in here or let me know.

Cheers

Mikey
Attached Files
File Type: pdf

Last edited by NOFX; 03-01-2017 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Rerun date and opening up of Blitzer race
Old 12-11-2016, 11:06 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bring it on!
Old 12-12-2016, 02:28 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Thumbs up Fun Fun Fun

OMG

What fun this will be. Wish I could make it with the Boondal crew..
Old 12-12-2016, 08:52 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Hey Mikey,

In "2wd Purist spec (open tyre)" does the wheel need to retain the stock dimensions or is this also open?

Cheers,
Scott
Old 12-13-2016, 05:36 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by MadRacer View Post
OMG

What fun this will be. Wish I could make it with the Boondal crew..
The way you steer Mark, I'd need a new category above platinum where the driver starts taking points away from the salary cap rather than adding to it
Old 12-13-2016, 07:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by StupidHead View Post
Hey Mikey,

In "2wd Purist spec (open tyre)" does the wheel need to retain the stock dimensions or is this also open?

Cheers,
Scott
Good question Scott

I'll tidy that up, up to 2.2" rims allowed and open tyres

Cheers

Mikey
Old 12-14-2016, 08:52 PM
Tech Elite

Default Team defections and intrigue and returnees

Well under 3 months out from the enduro, i think its time some of the people started coming out of the woodwork about new teams forming, people who have left teams and people who are looking

I'll run through some of what i know, hopefully none of it is private information lol

Southern Highlands are back!! Our 2016 winners are set to return, most likely with the same driving line up, but having been hit with a points reduction for 2017, they will be running a revised buggy line up

The try-hards are struggling to put a team together, Pete's buddies Nathan and Christian are committed to running a big Canberra gas meeting that weekend so Pete is making moves to find some new drivers and is taking applications

Taco hell have disbanded, Rob Smith had been linked to running with the codgers, but not sure if pen has been put to paper on that deal, James has been added to my team, steve has joined forces with a bunch of defectors to form a new team

Javelin force have lost long time driver Fordy, Jason stays on with Mikey, James added as well as Shooter McGavin making it a 4 driver effort this year and a new name required

Bugle boy racing will be back, most likely with the same driver line up though again, hit by a points cut, a revised car list is on the cards, Thomas has been looking at the possibility of running the Schumacher truck to get under the cap

Wannabees, another team that has disbanded after Dean joined the defectors , Gavin joined my team, Jon K has a few irons in the fire in terms of teams but if you're looking for a solid driver with a great car (Lazer zxr) get in touch with him.

Night hawk. Dan B is keen to be back in 2017, currently on the lookout for a vintage ride and a team to drive with, get in touch with me if you need a super fast guy in your team

Codgers are back. The old guys will be back again, they've tried with 1 car for the last 2 years, but this time round each driver will have their own car. Dave has been looking into running a 10T as a part of their line up

Totally shafted, just waiting to hear back from these guys if they'll be back again, with a good learning year under their belt, they should be able to return even more competitive in '17

New teams

The defectors: when i call these guys this, it's in jest, Steve, Adam, Dean and Clint have decided to form a fun team where theres no pressure on to win etc, the aim is to have fun, what they didn't count on was the plethora of points available to the team means with 3 df01 based chassis and a fast/reliable thundershot on the team, they actually have a great chance of being in the mix as they pick up time on opposing teams who have to run much lower points cars throughout the race while they blaze around with top forces. no pressure guys!!!

Team traxxas/hornet: Cam has been in touch, he, Paul and Andrew Sienniak are forming a team, with a few interesting car options thrown at me already from these guys, im looking forward to seeing what the final line-up looks like

So at this stage there's 6 teams who are in, we had 9 teams at the last enduro, looking to crack it for 10 teams if we can, so if you want to be a part of it, please get in touch and i can help put you with a few other guys who are looking to form a team or grab your mates and tell them to get a car and go for it!!

Cheers

Mikey
Old 12-15-2016, 05:03 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Someone should hit up Matty Kellet from ACE to run with them!
Old 12-17-2016, 06:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 33 (100%+)
Thumbs up Dates and genral

Hey Mikey.

A few of us Boondal crew are thinking of this event or the festival.

To keep cost down in accommodation is there camping avaliable at the track???

If not what is the nearest place for camping?
Old 12-18-2016, 03:56 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)
Default Vintage Festival

G'day all,I haven't been to the Vintage Festival before,is it to early to ask if the rules will be same as the previous year?
I found the thread and the rules and reg's from 2015 and was going to work off that.
Old 12-18-2016, 04:15 AM
Tech Elite

Hey guys! Great to hear there's a chance we'll see you down here either for the enduro or festival.

With regards to camping, there's no real facilities there, but you can run power off the power box, I don't know if rangers come around and tell you to move on or not.

https://sydneyhills.ingeniaholidays.com.au this place is about 10 minutes from the track and has motor home spots or tent spots depending on what you're looking for, or cabins for those who like it a bit more comfy

As far as rules go for 2017- your best bet is to use the 2016 rules, there are no plans to change anything in relation to the cutoffs or classes, they'll all still be there next year, with the addition of 2 demo classes which we'll table a set of draft rules for each early in the new year and we might move stadium truck to Sunday to try and balance out the days a bit

The festival is likely to be run late October, I just need to check a few things and wait for an official date for the off road nats which are in nsw in 2017

Cheers guys and keep in touch

Mikey
Old 12-19-2016, 01:32 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Really looking forward to this event, and for the first time will have a properly prepared car.😉

For the interstaters (which includes me) a cheap and decent motel option is the Dural Hotel in New Line Road. They can accommodate 3 single beds for about $90 per night, and for an RC event you get good lighting and access to power, and a decent work bench.

And it's only a 10 minute or so drive to the track.
Old 12-19-2016, 09:15 PM
Tech Elite

Cheers Steve, We're always stoked you and Scott make the trek up from Melbourne for these events!!
Old 12-20-2016, 02:29 PM
Tech Addict

Hoping to get a team sorted from the other side of the mountain for this.
Haven't done a vintage enduro yet, so very keen.
Old 12-21-2016, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by bd581 View Post
Hoping to get a team sorted from the other side of the mountain for this.
Haven't done a vintage enduro yet, so very keen.
Awesome Brad, i have a feeling you wont regret it, endurance racing is my favourite form of racing actually (both to watch and compete in), its a shame theres not more of it. There's nothing like doing stints of 20 minutes

I've stolen one of your Orange drivers, but if you need help putting a team together, post up here or pm me, i've got a few guys looking for teams. We should be able to get people together

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service