Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2015 VICTORIAN 1/10 OFR EP CALENDAR >

2015 VICTORIAN 1/10 OFR EP CALENDAR

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2015 VICTORIAN 1/10 OFR EP CALENDAR

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-18-2015, 04:23 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Hey neil is there a google cal of this as they havent added it to the rc race dates cal yet
Old 01-19-2015, 07:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by lookieaefanboi
Hey neil is there a google cal of this as they havent added it to the rc race dates cal yet
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/...rive_web#gid=0
Old 01-19-2015, 11:30 PM
Tech Apprentice

You might want to add Mother's Day on the Calendar (Sund 10th May)
Old 01-20-2015, 02:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

Google calender is available here https://www.google.com/calendar/ical...blic/basic.ics
Old 03-21-2015, 05:30 AM
Tech Initiate

Hi everyone,
Just wondering where i can find a list of the rules and what the controlled tyre is, If there is a controlled tyre for the vic state titles in Mildura.
Thanks in advance,
Ethan Brown
Old 03-21-2015, 01:09 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Gday Ethan,
I believe the club is working on getting a thread up and running within the week, and although i cant confirm as yet, i believe that the PL Holeshot will be the control tyre. UNCONFIRMED
Scotty

Originally Posted by Ethan.Brown
Hi everyone,
Just wondering where i can find a list of the rules and what the controlled tyre is, If there is a controlled tyre for the vic state titles in Mildura.
Thanks in advance,
Ethan Brown
Old 03-21-2015, 04:11 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Scotty G
Gday Ethan,
I believe the club is working on getting a thread up and running within the week, and although i cant confirm as yet, i believe that the PL Holeshot will be the control tyre. UNCONFIRMED
Scotty
ah right thankyou very much
Old 03-30-2015, 03:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

With the populatity of EP Off Road in Victoria at the moment is it time we moved to a two day format. Would it be benefical to run one round on Saturday afternoon and then two on Sunday followed by finals. This would allow more time to fit the meeting in. Most people practice on the Saturday and those people who can not make it still can qualify on the Sunday with two rounds. It may also lead time an earlier finishing time which will assist people travelling long distances home. Can this be discussed please. What are peoples thoughts?
Old 03-30-2015, 04:55 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by stinky cheese
With the populatity of EP Off Road in Victoria at the moment is it time we moved to a two day format. Would it be benefical to run one round on Saturday afternoon and then two on Sunday followed by finals. This would allow more time to fit the meeting in. Most people practice on the Saturday and those people who can not make it still can qualify on the Sunday with two rounds. It may also lead time an earlier finishing time which will assist people travelling long distances home. Can this be discussed please. What are peoples thoughts?
NSW moved to a 2 day format for last year. They were getting 150 entries for 1-day meets. Since going to 2-day meets entries are now less than 100 for the two days combined. They are now looking at trying to turn it back into a 1-day meet (and of course there are 3 or 4 people complaining that if they do that they can't race 4 classes anymore).

The people attending the 1-day meetings were pretty much an even split of those who travelled and did practice the day before, and those who practiced on another weekend, or just turned up on the day.

I realise the situation and demographics are probably different in Victoria, but I felt the information was worth passing on.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:23 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Radio Active
NSW moved to a 2 day format for last year. They were getting 150 entries for 1-day meets. Since going to 2-day meets entries are now less than 100 for the two days combined. They are now looking at trying to turn it back into a 1-day meet (and of course there are 3 or 4 people complaining that if they do that they can't race 4 classes anymore).

The people attending the 1-day meetings were pretty much an even split of those who travelled and did practice the day before, and those who practiced on another weekend, or just turned up on the day.

I realise the situation and demographics are probably different in Victoria, but I felt the information was worth passing on.
Daniel NSW split truck and buggies up and run them on different weekends.
All I am asking is for Victorian Racers to discuss if they want to run a single round of qualifying on Saturday as most racers are practicing at the track anyway which would give more time on Sunday for racing and for people to travel home. Thanks.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:38 PM
Tech Adept

Going back to a 2 day format for the Coleman Cup proved to be a bad move as numbers were down with some people only running only one of the 2 days.
Maybe returning to a single final format for drivers series and keeping 3 final format for state titles.
Reducing the number of qualifying heats is very unpopular and unfair if there is large numbers in each class.
Having a heat on sat arvo is unfair on travelling drivers as some spend 6 or more hours on the road to get to events.
Old 03-30-2015, 06:47 PM
Tech Apprentice

Daniel NSW split truck and buggies up and run them on different weekends.
All I am asking is for Victorian Racers to discuss if they want to run a single round of qualifying on Saturday as most racers are practicing at the track anyway which would give more time on Sunday for racing and for people to travel home. Thanks.
Definitely needs to be discussed. For memory the two qualifier format was used at last year's knox cup. I don't mind either way, I will be one of the people there on Saturday.

Warren.
Old 03-30-2015, 08:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Daniel NSW split truck and buggies up and run them on different weekends. All I am asking is for Victorian Racers to discuss if they want to run a single round of qualifying on Saturday as most racers are practicing at the track anyway which would give more time on Sunday for racing and for people to travel home. Thanks.
What you're suggesting NSW did for the Sydney Cup in 2008. It had the exact same effect on numbers as the buggy and truck split is having now.

I'm not trying to get involved in debating what is best for Victoria. I'm just providing information relevant to the discussion. You guys can take it or leave it.

As I said in the first post, I realise the demographics may well be different in Victoria to NSW.
Old 03-31-2015, 12:30 AM
Tech Apprentice

After recently contributing to organising an event (Knox Cup), I would have to say that I'd prefer a 2-day event. Time is so critical and if there are any major issues, there is simply not enough of it.
We experienced this exactly last Sunday with computer issues and followed by a marshalling incident. I think that most clubs are limited with resources, staff etc, and an extra day would perhaps make it a little easier. Then maybe resulting in more racing for all.
I do understand that people would rather only race one day too. It's a tough one to call.
Old 03-31-2015, 10:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I raised the same question following the Keilor cup last year (170 entries, winter, 3Q/3F) and the overwhelming response at the time was to stick with 1 day.

I think the entry numbers show that the 1 day format is preferred. As raised, when the Coleman returned to a 2 day format the numbers were significantly down compared to the single day event at the same track. (In saying that, the Coleman format was 2 full days of racing, which meant effectively a 3 day event with practice).

Something has to give somewhere. Big entries x 6 races = lots of time. if people want to finish earlier, we either need to change format (less racing) or limit entries.

My personal opinion is that big events dont have to mean huge track time. If you want lots of track time, go to club days or practice days. Big events are about finding who is fastest on that track on that day.

On the weekend though, the computer delays were longer than I have ever experienced before. Before changing format, can we understand why we had a 90+ minute delay? Has Alycat become unstable? Was it hardware? Do we need more advanced training in the software? if not for the delay between qualifying and finals, finishing at a reasonable time was still possible.

If we want to look at different formats:
2Quali / 3 A / 1B - this reduces time but 2Quali is seen as unfair. I personally dont agree - if you havent got 1 good quali in after 2 rounds, you wont have 2 good ones in after 3 rounds - but it does mean those in the lower finals only have 3 races in the day compared to 5 for the As. (this is the current ORRCA rule btw). I compared the results from the weekend from round 2 to round 3, and in mod there would only have been 1 change in who was in the A and who was in the B between 2Q and 3Q.

2 Quali / 3A /2 B - those in the lower finals have 4 races, A have 5, so a little more balanced in terms of track time.

3 Quali / single finals - everyone gets the same, the days are shorter, and possibly could look at longer finals / bump ups. Not everyone likes single finals. I think 5 minute single finals are too short to recover if you are taken out, but 8-10 minutes would be an option.

- For a split day format, I think 2Q Sat arvo, 1Q / 3A on Sunday at least means you finish at a decent time on Sunday. But it does turn it into a full 2 day event for officials and racers, and for those travelling long distance they need to get there Friday night.

Some other options to consider for the future:
- Single finals for Junior (the kids get tired by the end of the day anyway)
- Single longer finals for truck classes?

I did a quick study last year of what time the day would finish for these different formats for different entry numbers. Ill dig it up and post here.

Ray

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.