Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2020 Hills Offroad Vintage Festival 12-13 September >

2020 Hills Offroad Vintage Festival 12-13 September

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree2Likes

2020 Hills Offroad Vintage Festival 12-13 September

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 08-02-2020, 06:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Club Motors

Hi Guys,

Any possibility of pre purchasing club 540 motors? I'd like 2 motors to pre fit them to my Outlaw cars. From experience with the Worlds car, I'm going to need some time to figure out motor spacers etc to get the pinion to fit on the shaft and mesh with the spur. I have spacers in the mail.

I'd be happy to pay mailing costs etc. It helps save the stress of figuring it out on the day. Last year I stripped the threads in my son's Sport Tuned which I figured out during qualifying, resulting in a couple of DNFs for him. I don't want a repeat of that.

Cheers,
Old 08-02-2020, 07:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hey Dave

It might even be easier to go through RcHobbyland as we buy the motors off them

https://www.rchobbyland.com/johnson-...27t-stock-1-10

Cheers
AussieTopForce likes this.
Old 08-03-2020, 12:53 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Nice and easy, thanks!
Old 08-03-2020, 11:40 PM
Tech Initiate

What sort of tyres should I be looking at for a 2wd stock stadium truck? will be running the 540 johnson
Old 08-06-2020, 04:12 AM
Tech Initiate

Proline Holeshots are good tear tyres for trucks. I have seen Australia hobby shops stock them. Fronts try to find rib tyres, Schumacher make some, so do Jconcepts (Carver model). But I don’t know if they are easy to get locally.
Old 08-18-2020, 08:20 PM
Tech Elite

Hi All

The club has received some updated advice from the government in relation to holding events, in particular it notes ceasing events for 6 weeks that bring people together from differing regions. Given that a large percentage of our Vintage friends come from regional NSW or ACT and out interstate friends are already unable to come, together with the Hills Off road committee, we have had to make the difficult decision to cancel both the Festival and Enduro for 2020. This is also affecting other meetings being held by the club and at other clubs. We dont know what the picture will look like in 6 weeks time also and even then, if we tried to still hold the enduro, its putting people in awkward positions to come to an event and potentially put people at home at risk etc because they dont want to let team mates down etc and that's not ideal

On a personal note, i am gutted, i know so many of you look forward to these events more than any other during the year, i know i certainly do, and that enthusiasm from you guys makes helping make these events happen each year something I'm only to happy to do

I can only say, keep up the enthusiasm, keep working on those cars, post pics of them on the pages, the club hosts a 540 class at each club meeting, vintage cars are more than welcome and if we got enough dudes wanting to have a specific heat for vintage, I'm sure we could make it happen

Cheers and stay safe and hopefully we'll be back bigger and better in 2021

Mikey and the Hills off road committee
Old 08-26-2020, 09:11 PM
Tech Elite

To those of you in the Sydney area who are bummed out that the Festival isnt going ahead, I'm happy to tell you that Pete the club president has reached out and offered us the chance to run vintage classes at the Hills off road Winter shootout which is being held on the 19th and 20th of September. The 2wd Vintage class will be held on Saturday the 19th and the 4wd Vintage class will be run on Sunday the 20th

Normal vintage class rules will apply, 1992 or earlier buggies and the Johnson 540 part 683. Campbelltown hobbies i saw just got a big load of stock of these motors in.

Tyres for the vintage classes are open, which means you can run whatever tyres you like, all other classes are being run on a control tyre (M3 Holeshot). Also as a part of the Sunday classes, there is a 540 class which is open to any 2wd or 4wd buggy but must use the Holeshot tyres. If you have an extra buggy you wanted to run, why not throw it into the 540 class and see how it goes against the modern buggies

Entry costs are $25 for first class, $15 for second and $10 for third class. There are 3 buggies being given away at this event, your entry automatically gives you a ticket into the raffle which will be drawn at the end of the day

Cheers

Mikey
Old 12-01-2020, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Any word on a 2021 meeting?
Old 12-01-2020, 01:23 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by nerdling
Any word on a 2021 meeting?
Hey Mark

Cheers for checking in. Based on all the borders opening up etc we will definitely be holding this event in 2021. The plan is that this race will be held in its usual September / October date range, and the enduro will be in its March / April spot. I usually wait for the NSW clubs to meet and decide on the dates of the club series rounds and state titles then a quick chat with the committee to lock in dates that fit around that

All the best and we look forward to seeing everyone again in 2021!!