Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > International Forums > Australian Racing > Australian Events
2020 Hills Offroad Vintage Enduro 26/04/20 >

2020 Hills Offroad Vintage Enduro 26/04/20

Like Tree2Likes

2020 Hills Offroad Vintage Enduro 26/04/20

Old 01-20-2020, 05:03 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)
Default 2020 Hills Offroad Vintage Enduro 26/04/20

Hi Everyone!! The Hills Off road committee is proud to announce the Vintage Enduros for 2020 will be run on Sunday the 26th of April. After battling the heat in March last year we’ve moved it a little later hoping for some cooler weather

We’ve made a few changes this year, there’s a summary below. Hopefully none of this is a surprise to anyone as we have been trying to put all items out for discussion to see what the feedback was.

Summary of changes

Changed base points for a 4 car team from 14 to 12 points and a 3 car team from 11 points to 9 points to make it harder for teams to line up 4 x RC10s

Added new driver classification (Silver/Bronze) 1.5 points and put Bronze up to 2 points bonus

Added motor provisions for torque tuned motors. In 2020 we are trialling allowing some cars to use the torque tuned motors – soft introduction

- Each team will be allowed to nominate 1 x 4wd over 2 points to run the torque tuned motor

- Any 4wd valued at 2 points or under may run the torque tuned motor and the car will still be valued at 2 points (no limit)

- Any 2wd or truck valued at 2 points or under may run the torque tuned motor, the car will have 1 point added to its total so a shotgun truck running the motor will now be worth 3 points (no limit)

- Trucks and 2wds worth over 2 points must use the 540 johnson Festival control motor available from the club or from Northern Beaches Hobbies part no. JOH-683

Changed some of the sporting regs regarding pit stops procedure due to lap scoring issues last year. Now all cars will exit and enter the track in turn 1

Added gearing advice for the torque tuned motor

Blitzer/Plastic enduro to use standard vintage track.

With regards to the points values for particular buggies, the allocation takes into account the speed of the car, consideration is also given to rarity of the buggy, available gearing options, fragility and run time.

Blitzer / Plastic race is back again this year. The plan is for it to still be 90 minutes which helps fit everything in for the day, though we’ve had a couple of requests to put it back up to 2 hours. There’s no requirement for you to run a Blitzer in your team, its open to any plastic eligible buggy or hotshot / Thundershot buggy (the main benefit of running a Blitzer/Monster racer in the race is that it can use the sport tuned motor). Teams can run any combination of 1 or 2 buggies/trucks from those groupings and can be in a team of 2-4 drivers. If you do it with 2 drivers, you still need to ensure you have a marshal out at all times, so I recommend having your batteries near the pit stop table, also the pit stop time is 90 seconds for the Blitzer/Plastic race so you should have time to swap over and not lose time (in the interests of safety so we don’t have people running up and down the stairs, 2 driver teams will be allowed to leave their mashalling position during the pit stop). The rules for the race are attached to this post. Following the success of the lower classes running the full track at the festival in 2019 and discussions with participants, we will run the blitzer/plastic enduro on the “long” track that is run for the main enduro and festival with the cutout to skip the large jump section. EDIT I know this is less than 2 months out from the race but we’re looking to get a bit more interest in the plastic / blitzer enduro which is the lead up race to the main event so we’re looking to include more buggy options and balancing out the speed with motors. The race will be more of an Entry-level-duro and I’ve attached a list of the buggies/trucks we’re proposing can run and the motor that can be used. Please note, that the motor listed is the fastest motor you may run in that car, which means you may run a slower option should you want to. Like the restrictions on the Blitzers, the additional “high-point” buggies should be very stock, if you’re unsure, please get in touch, shock upgrades may be allowed in the case where the buggy originally came with friction shocks for example. Lower point buggies may be presented with upgrades, for example a hopped up Fox may still be able to run, but with a slower motor

For teams entering the Entry-Level-duro only, it’ll only be $5 per driver, but for those running in the main event, its included in your fee.

With regards to the points system, I know it can look a bit complex when you’re first looking at it, the simple aim is to even up the field by allowing a team with more once a year racers, to drive better cars overall compared to a team of pros. I’m happy to help guide you through it. How it works is the team captain will get in touch with me, let me know the drivers and potential car line up and I’ll confirm the amount of bonus points the team has and what cars fit in the line up.

Fast Facts

90 minute Entry Level Enduro 2, 3 or 4 drivers

Allowed chassis: See the attached list

Standard vintage track to be used

730am: Open practise (1 driver per team at a time / Main race or Blitzer race buggies may be used)

815am: Track closed Blitzer enduro drivers meeting / qualifying positions drawn randomly

830pm: 90 Minute Blitzer/Plastic enduro starts, (ending 10am)

Batteries: 6000mah 2s lipo max (hard case) LiHV not allowed

90 second minimum pit stop time every time the team comes to the pits

Blitzers must be stock except for allowed upgrades which are detailed in the Enduro guidelines. Hotshots/Thundershots and plastic buggies must adhere to the festival rules for upgrades (All cars must run the control 540 motor except Blitzers which may run the sport tuned motor or 540)

5 hour - 3 or 4 Driver / multi car enduro

Motor: Johnson 540 motor for all cars* (must be bought from the club or Northern Beaches Hobby part no. JOH683 or motors from the last few festivals/enduros may be used) *See provisions in guidelines for allowance of Torque tuned motors to be used in some cars)

10am: Open practise (1 driver per team at a time) (once Blitzer race has ended)

1030am: Track closed Drivers meeting

10:45am qualifying session (10 minutes) 1 driver per team

11am: 5 hour enduro race starts, ending 4pm

Batteries: 6000mah 2s lipo max (hard case) Li-HV not allowed

1 minute minimum pit stop time every time the car comes to the pits

Entry Fee : $20 per driver covers you for both enduros.

To enter, please send me a pm with your team name, names of drivers, car for each driver and transponder number. Please pm me if you need the list of driver points allocation and let me know an email address I can send it to, or just send me the driver names and I can send you back the bonus points they earn.

Entries will be on a first in, best dressed basis. We can have a maximum of 12 teams!

Hopefully that’s everything, all the best in organising your team, if you are looking for a driver or a driver looking for a team - please post in here or let me know.

Cheers

Mikey

Last edited by NOFX; 04-20-2020 at 10:26 PM.
Old 02-09-2020, 07:17 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

The Cogder Racing Team excluding walking frames.
David Martin Cat XLS 5565321
Robert Smith RC10 B2 5654101
Brian Goby Top Cat 9775534
Ron Curby RC10T 6823864
Old 02-11-2020, 06:47 PM
Tech Elite

This is great news! Codgers are back!!

These guys were right in the mix last year, in the end finishing in second place. This year a slightly revised car line up due to the base points change, but the line up still looks very strong, I'd expect these guys up the front somewhere again in 2020
Old 03-05-2020, 02:18 PM
Tech Rookie

We are in!
Change of name from Do a Schuey to 'Cliff Lett us use his name'**
team:
Richard Bull - Losi XXT
Jason Millward - TRX-1
Bob Beniston - Cat XLS
Adam Beniston (son of Bob) - Cat XLS
Hopeing to have a team Moo Cow Cliff Lett inspired paint scheme

**we don't have his permission, but he doesn't work for a particular RC company, so hopefully we aren't sued

Last edited by Patrase; 03-05-2020 at 03:31 PM.
Old 03-05-2020, 02:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Patrase View Post
We are in!
Change of name from Doa Schuey to 'Cliff Lett us use his name'**
team:
Richard Bull - Losi XXT
Jason Millward - TRX-1
Bob Beniston - Cat XLS
Hopeing to have a team Moo Cow Cliff Lett inspired paint scheme

**we don't have his permission, but he doesn't work for a particular RC company, so hopefully we aren't sued

Awesome stuff Richard!!

I'll start a team list post and add to it as more teams are announced
Old 03-05-2020, 02:42 PM
Tech Elite

The enduro teams for 2020 are

The Codger Racing Team excluding walking frames.
David Martin Cat XLS
Robert Smith RC10 B2
Brian Goby Top Cat
Ron Curby RC10T
These guys are always in the mix, especially last year where they were in a 3-way battle for the win ending up second on the day

Cliff Lett us use his name

Richard Bull - Losi XXT
Jason Millward - TRX-1
Bob Beniston - Cat XLS
Richard has been working behind the scenes to bring a team together this year, last year it was do a schuey, this year its great to see the Benistons at the event and with a very stong line-up of cars, i expect these guys to be in the mix

The Dukes of Casso
Mikey "Pimp daddy"- TBA
Jason "Ice man"- TBA
James "Jimbo" - Losi Jrx-Pro
Gavin "Shooter" - Losi XXT
The Dukes are back and Gavin is back after some time away looking after family. After 2 wins in a row, can they make it a 3-peat? Shane will be back in the line up next year (if he still wants to hang out with us, we acknowledge we've only won when he's been in the team). The TBA's are due to waiting on some parts for a buggy and hoping they work. Buggies will be announced once decided, but it'll be a 4wd (Tomy or Top Force) and a Fox or a mid-point combo out of RC10T2 / Ultima / Optima / Astute

Looking forward to adding some more teams to the list soon

Cheers

Mikey
Old 03-05-2020, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

Default Blitzer / plastic enduro

Hey dudes

I know this is less than 2 months out from the race but we’re looking to get a bit more interest in the plastic / blitzer enduro which is the lead up race to the main event so we’re looking to include more buggy options and balancing out the speed with motors. The race will be more of an Entry-level-duro and I’ve attached a list of the buggies/trucks we’re proposing can run and the motor that can be used. Please note, that the motor listed is the fastest motor you may run in that car, which means you may run a slower option should you want to. Like the restrictions on the Blitzers, the additional “high-point” buggies should be very stock, if you’re unsure, please get in touch, shock upgrades may be allowed in the case where the buggy originally came with friction shocks for example. Lower point buggies may be presented with upgrades, for example a hopped up Fox may still be able to run, but with a slower motor

Also we understand that its already a long day with the main-duro in the afternoon so we’re looking for feedback on dropping the Entry-Level-duro back to 60 minutes to take pressure off and free up the day a bit more

For teams entering the Entry-Level-duro only, it’ll only be $5 per driver, but for those running in the main event, its included in your fee.

Cheers

Mikey

Old 03-09-2020, 07:26 PM
Tech Elite

Great news!! We've got three more teams to add to the list making it 6 all up so far! Protek motorsport have confirmed their entry in the enduro and The Uncalled Four are back again as are Here's Johnny!!

The enduro teams for 2020 are

Protek Motorsport
Takis Pallas - Egress
Dan Curby - Yokomo 870c
John Bolton - Yokomo 870c
Scott MacGee - Kyosho Ultima

Well this is a blast from the past!! In the early editions of the vintage enduro back in 2010/2011, Dan and John would team up and run a yokomo 870c and battle with my Manta Ray and Darren's amazing Losi. Well I'm stoked to see these guys back, Takis has got together with Scott MacGee (great to see Scott running his first enduro) and these guys will be a force to be reckoned with. As a team with 3 x 4wd buggies, I want to know how they decided who gets to run the torque tuned!

The Uncalled Four
Stephen Thorncraft - Kyosho Optima
Andrew Curless - Topcat rere
Brendan George - RC10 Worlds
Darryl Thorncraft - Losi XXT

Great to see this team back again for another crack. These guys put on a good show last year, particularly Darryl and his XXT leading some of the early laps. A year under their belts, a couple of changes to the buggy line-up including a switch to a rere Optima for Stephen

Here's Johnny
Andrew Sienniak - RC10
Scott Griffith - TBA
Johnny Xu - TBA

Its great to see these guys back again, it means we have the top 3 teams from last year all back to defend their titles or trying to go a step or two further up the ladder. A few more details to work out in terms of buggy line-up and potentially adding another driver to the roster but after a strong result in 2019, they'll be in the fight this year

The Codger Racing Team excluding walking frames.
David Martin Cat XLS
Robert Smith RC10 B2
Brian Goby Top Cat
Ron Curby RC10T

These guys are always in the mix, especially last year where they were in a 3-way battle for the win ending up second on the day

Cliff Lett us use his name

Richard Bull - Losi XXT
Jason Millward - TRX-1
Bob Beniston - Cat XLS

Richard has been working behind the scenes to bring a team together this year, last year it was "do a schuey", this year its great to see the Benistons at the event and with a very stong line-up of cars, i expect these guys to be in the mix

The Dukes of Casso
Mikey "Pimp daddy"- TBA
Jason "Ice man"- TBA
James "Jimbo" - Losi Jrx-Pro
Gavin "Shooter" - Losi XXT

The Dukes are back and Gavin is back after some time away looking after family. After 2 wins in a row, can they make it a 3-peat? Shane will be back in the line up next year (if he still wants to hang out with us, we acknowledge we've only won when he's been in the team). The TBA's are due to waiting on some parts for a buggy and hoping they work. Buggies will be announced once decided, but it'll be a 4wd (Tomy or Top Force) and a Fox or a mid-point combo out of RC10T2 / Ultima / Optima / Astute

We've still got some further teams to confirm their entries, but i know Pete Wagner has signed up a couple of ACT drivers to team up with him so hopefully the Try-hard trio will be back, there's a team from Bathurst and at least 1 team from St Ives that Thommo is putting together, potentially 2 depending on the numbers and hopefully the Highlanders will have a team for 2020 also so we could have up to 11 teams this year, I'd say we'll get 9 at a minimum, but 11 would be amazing. We have the drivers stand that can cope with it and we'll have a full length track this year which i predict will give us over a 30 second lap time which will spread the traffic out

The Teams for the Entry Level Enduro are

RCB racing - Richard Bull & Son - Storm Truck
The Dukes - Gav, James, Jason - Boomerang / Blitzer
Rudi Eggenbaconberger and the Texaco kid - Mikey and TBC - Kyosho Ultima Outlaw Truck / Probably an FAV
Here's Johnny - Scott, Johnny, Andrew - FX10 / Bear Hawk?
Nick Aiken and Sons (TBC)- Wild one / Blitzer / Hotshot
The Uncalled Four - Stephen, Brendan, Darryl, Andrew - Blitzer

Cheers

Mikey

Last edited by NOFX; 03-16-2020 at 07:48 PM.
Old 03-15-2020, 08:35 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

Currently in the process of putting together a team.. hopefully get it sorted shortly
Old 03-16-2020, 04:57 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by vikingen View Post
Currently in the process of putting together a team.. hopefully get it sorted shortly
rumor has it this will be the winning team.........
Old 03-16-2020, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

what, the team name is "The Winning Team" ?
Old 03-16-2020, 06:34 PM
Tech Adept

what, the team name is "The Winning Team" ?
ummm not sure on the actual team name, if you are putting the team together wouldn't you have the/a team name?
Old 03-16-2020, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Great to hear Cam!

Originally Posted by TRFHORNET View Post
rumor has it this will be the winning team.........
I like this, a bit of chest puffing before the race, i feel there will be a fair few teams lining up that have also heard this rumour about their own team

Keep it up guys, i cant wait to hear what teams we get out of St Ives

Actually i've been contacted as theres a guy whos done some on road racing in the past, who's looking to have a bit of fun in vintage, he's got a rere javelin and is looking to join a team if someone needs an additional team member. So reach out to me if you're looking

Cheers

Mikey
Old 03-16-2020, 07:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default Official announcement - Race going ahead

Hi All

I've had a couple of queries regarding the vintage event and is it going ahead amid the covid-19 scenario

The simple answer is yes, the enduro is going ahead. RCRA who is the governing body for RC racing in Australia has released advice to clubs and members that as far as r/c racing goes, it is "business as usual" and following discussions with the Hills Off Road committee this is the course we will continue to take unless otherwise advised. We are also very mindful that there are recommendations that come with that regarding hygene and contact etc, and we ask that you follow these recommendations. I've attached the letter from RCRA which also had recommendations around if you are not feeling well etc.

We will continue to monitor recommendations from all levels of government and RCRA

Cheers

Mikey
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
RCRA COVID-19 Statement.pdf (165.8 KB, 7 views)
Old 03-16-2020, 07:43 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by TRFHORNET View Post
ummm not sure on the actual team name, if you are putting the team together wouldn't you have the/a team name?
Team COVID-19 turn

Search this Thread
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:
You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.