Wiki Posts
Search

Leisure Hours Raceway Joliet IL

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-2006, 02:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonnySocko
Anybody running this weekend? I want to come up and check out the onroad but I don't want to be the only one there.

Walt? Ira? Dune? Howard? Nexus?

Socko
Man wish I could but I'm busy Sunday and headed to H&H Sat. with Mr. Lo Slow
Old 08-30-2006, 02:59 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
I'm running Nitro Sedan. A few other guys from last week said they'd be back too. Hope you make it. Nick A
Old 08-30-2006, 03:06 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Nexus,

H&H is my back up plan if I can't make it Sun.

Peace,
Socko
Old 08-30-2006, 03:07 PM
Tech Elite

Carnage,

I'm bringing my 1/8 also in case Walt or anyone else shows up with one. I can't make it over to Cinncy this weekend so I need some practice before the nats.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:05 AM
Tech Elite

I'll be there for 1/8.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JonnySocko
Anybody running this weekend? I want to come up and check out the onroad but I don't want to be the only one there.

Walt? Ira? Dune? Howard? Nexus?

Socko
I was just going to ask this very question. I am planning on being there this Sunday. I'm going to try running both 1/8th on-road AND 1/8th off-road. Should be interesting.
Old 08-31-2006, 10:39 AM
Tech Elite

I might have to get my buggy dirty too! I have never had it on a track.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by duneland
I might have to get my buggy dirty too! I have never had it on a track.
Mine's been on a track... it just doesn't deserve to be there. It's a really old OFNA buggy. If I manage to make it through a qualifier or two before breaking something on it (I don't have many spare parts), I'll be happy.
Old 08-31-2006, 11:54 AM
Tech Elite

Which buggy? I may have some parts left over (had lots of OFNA buggies).
Old 08-31-2006, 12:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by duneland
Which buggy? I may have some parts left over (had lots of OFNA buggies).
It's an Ofna Ultra Worlds II... the one that came with both the pivot ball and 'regular' front end. It also came with dual front and rear brake disks which couldn't actually be installed on the buggy if you also wished to install the engine, as the second rear brake disk occupies the exact same space as the engine's flywheel. I guess no one at Ofna actually tried to put on the dual brakes AND an engine before shipping the kit???

What I can really use is the normal suspension parts that tend to break, plus any shock rebuild kits you might have. I think that the pistons in my shocks simply have too large of holes in them. Even with 90 weight oil in my shocks, the things do very little damping. Either the kit didn't come with other pistons (with smaller holes), or I lost them somewhere along the way.
Old 08-31-2006, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)
Default shocks

Ron- Will Mugen XR shocks work for Walt? I have several sets laying around from times past...
Walt- If you want to jump up in performance a couple of years, I have a Mugen XR Works roller and spares ready to go. This things a tank, and the reason I hve tons of spares is because it never broke.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:16 AM
Tech Elite

Walt, I have a worlds 2 carcass laying around. Will bring it along. Kyosho pistons fit your shocks, IFW115- 1.4mm 2 hole is the way to go. I have those in stock too. Instead of buying new pistons, you can glue a toothpick into one of the holes on your pistons (cut off the excess of course). Blocking off one of the holes puts the stock pistons in the 'ballpark'. Kyosho pistons are machined & more accurate. I'll bring some along incase you want them.
Don't remember having a problem with the dual-disc set-up. Perhaps I made some mods I don't remember. Been a long time since I ran that buggy. One disc is adequate in the rear anyway.
Old 09-01-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Walt, I think the Ultra is very similar to the 9.5 and if it is then the spacing between the second rear brake and flywheel is very, very close. I have slammed the flywheel against the brake on many occasions when reinstalling the engine.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Walt
I was just going to ask this very question. I am planning on being there this Sunday. I'm going to try running both 1/8th on-road AND 1/8th off-road. Should be interesting.
Can you do that at the SAME TIME..? Running 1/8 On road facing north first then immediately turn around and run the 1/8th Off road facing south..? You might be the 1st one to do that in US history..........

Walt and Ron...let me know about the tire wear on 1/8th, is 37 (instead of 35s) are the way to go...? I can't afford a set of tires for just practice.

Jonny....next time when i am there, I will probably run MOD Electric with foams....just got a Losi that can handle almost any surface.
Old 09-01-2006, 10:45 AM
Tech Elite

Howard,

What, no Serpent next time? I'll give you my tire wear data also. I suspect you'll be able to run 37s soon, once the track finishes curing and some rubber gets laid down.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.