Leisure Hours Raceway Joliet IL

Old 10-02-2006, 05:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

My CS27s had no tire wear
Old 10-02-2006, 08:26 PM
Tech Elite

Duneland...I thought they were out already? Saw one on Al's and it is really a interesting unit (especially the USB connection to the computer for personal setup..) Once you have it...let me know how good that is...still debating this or the good old Novak GTB 3.5.[/QUOTE]
It may have shipped earlier. I just ordered and they were not in stock, but due in soon.
Old 10-02-2006, 09:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrothugg
dear LHR,
Quay
C-main regular
Quay,
Hopefully at some point in the near future the racer will extend an apology to you for the damage to your car and your race outing. It is never too late to clear an issue up. I would hope this would be the case.
Lucky for everyone, the out of control car stayed contained on the course and did not encounter any people.
It is not clear to me what the raceway policies are regarding these issues. Though I am sure some standard public business policies and hobby practices are applicable. As racetrack attendance grows there will be a need for stricter enforcement of radio operating rules.
Don't let this incident stop you from having fun racing, because that is what I think most of us are in the hobby for.
Old 10-03-2006, 08:33 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Sunday, Oct 1 racing!!!

Originally Posted by duneland
Those who didn't show for yesterdays' racing---you missed a great day! Weather was fantastic (won't get many more like that this season), new lay-out was very good, traction very good. Just need some more on-roaders to finish up the season! Need some more elect. guys to keep Nexus company too.
Walt, hope you can stay for the whole day sometime! It was fun while you were there, at least.
Duneland,
I definitely agree! The weather was fantastic. The new layout has some challenging turns. I had gotten so used to the chicane (sp) on to the short front straight that I almost overshot the new turn after it in the new layout. It will take me a few outings to learn this layout and drive it well.
Tire wear seemed to be less than the previous few outings.
Traction was a little less for me, but I increased the rear diff fluid weight for this time.

Shucks ... This track layout makes me want to race until November, if that's possible!!
Old 10-04-2006, 07:26 AM
Tech Elite

Looks like another beautiful Sunday is in the works! Let's see if we can get some more onroaders out!
Old 10-05-2006, 12:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

I can't make it this Sunday, but I am planning on heading there tonight just to mess around with the off-road cars a little.
Old 10-05-2006, 12:52 PM
Tech Elite

How about you 'veteran' Solara? Now that you are no longer a rookie, maybe you can make it out for some 1/8? Not many chances left this season.
Old 10-05-2006, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

How about you 'veteran' Solara? Now that you are no longer a rookie, maybe you can make it out for some 1/8? Not many chances left this season.
Probably no can do...

This Sat. is Round 2 of the Hurricane Series. Most of the electric TC crowd will be in Kenosha.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:40 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

From now on, I will let my personal spoke person to do all my talking.... Yeah, can't do it this weekend, have some personal issue need to take care of (beside the 2nd leg of Hurricane cup that I don't even know I can make it or not)....I will try next SUNDAY 10-15-2006 for 1/8th and mod foam EP.

Ron...since I can never beat you on 1/8th, any chance you will do indoor TC (or 12th) and let me beat you for once...?
Old 10-06-2006, 09:45 AM
Tech Elite

It looks like I should stay home and do some work around the house (or keep the store open) this Sunday. Will shoot for NEXT week (might have an elect. tc ready for then too.
As far as this winter goes.. I plan to do mostly 1/18. It's cheap and incredibly fast. I might do 1/12 or 1/10 tc too.. We'll see. I do have a couple of old Corally 1/12 chassis sitting around. Can I go LiPo/Brushless in that class? I'm just not interested in racing any class with brushed motors and NiMh batteries.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:51 AM
Tech Elite

By the way, the 1/8 nationals in Cinci, are being covered live on Jlap site.
NOT video, just the computer race screen. I was stuck watching it at home, it's very cool. I think somebody tripped over a cord or something though. It stopped 4 minutes into a race that Ted Hammer was winning .
I'll keep checking back to see if it is up and running later.
http://www.jlapracemanager.com/JLapB...Where=TriState
Old 10-06-2006, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Duneland...beside LH for the outdoor track, I doubt you will find ppl racing MOD for indoor due to the size of the track....MOD will be too much for average ppl like me...(i am below average...my mom said I am special)...but on 12th scale, I know there are couple ppl that race ONLY mod...and I think they don't really care you are running Mamba and Li-po....finding another MOD 12th scale for them is a bonus already.

P.S...they should have the IIC live video streaming like live video streaming for the national...it is year 2006, not 1986....
Old 10-06-2006, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Everyone should keep an eye out for the new Carisma 1/14 tc. It is supposed to be at the Chicago show (Horizon booth). It was displayed at the Neuremburg show, Pics looked pretty cool. Nice thing about it is it will accept the inexpensive LiPo/motor combos we run in 1/18! I am deffinately getting one.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:13 PM
Tech Champion

Everyone should keep an eye out for the new Carisma 1/14 tc. It is supposed to be at the Chicago show (Horizon booth). It was displayed at the Neuremburg show, Pics looked pretty cool. Nice thing about it is it will accept the inexpensive LiPo/motor combos we run in 1/18! I am deffinately getting one.
But what is the point here..? 1/24 and 1/18 are considered indoor mini racing....1/12th...should be only PAN CAR...those yokomo xray 1/12 already proved it is not going to work....1/10th and 1/8th are there forever.

Why another scale?
Old 10-06-2006, 01:09 PM
Tech Elite

The point is; I WANT ONE!
I know there are already to many classes out there, but this one has a lot of appeal. Such as, a small to medium size 1/10 track is a world class size track for 1/14. They take 380 sized motors---Golden Horizons makes a brushless that size that is VERY fast & sells for $49.00. Esc for that size is $80 plus or minus. LiPo battery for that size is $30-$40. Run time is through the roof. Need I say more?

Last edited by duneland; 10-06-2006 at 08:32 PM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.