Wiki Posts
Search

His And Hers Hobbies Kenosha Wi.

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2007, 09:11 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Bill

I am so sad to see you hobby shop close. I loved it when I raced there during the indoor series. I wish I had been there for the cookouts you had and such. You ran such a fun day of racing. No complaints from me at all. Good luck with the road ahead. You will be missed.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:31 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Bill sorry to hear about the closing of your shop, my dad and I always had a blast racing. Was really looking forward to racing again in fall.

good luck
The Pratl Family
Old 07-11-2007, 11:04 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Bill, I am very sorry to hear this news. I wish the best of luck to you and your family. Thank you for giving us all a great place to race.

Well, I personally will be coming out to run for the last time on Sunday. How about anyone else? I know Goop is coming too.
Old 07-11-2007, 11:25 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Sorry to hear this. Best of luck.
Old 07-12-2007, 04:09 AM
Tech Regular

Any racing on Saturday?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:03 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Bill, this is sad news. I hope everything works out for you and your family. Wish I could have made it out to race more, but when I did, I had a great time.
Old 07-12-2007, 06:30 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

We will be running our regular racing program Saturday for any and all that wish to come out and run with us.

I wish the timing of things were better so that we could run a special program for all of you that have supported us over the years...

I hope to see you all this weekend and if you cant make it, hopefully I will run in to you while racing at one of the local tracks....

Thanks everyone

Bill
Old 07-12-2007, 11:34 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 54 (100%+)

Bill, will you be open today?
Old 07-12-2007, 06:16 PM
Tech Regular

Anybody else down with some stock rubber sat?
Old 07-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 24 (100%+)

For anybody that has been racing Legends with us at His And Hers, we have an open voting poll going on right now to decide where we are going to continue the Legends series. Come vote now...

http://rc-racer.midwestnitrocross.co...pic.php?t=1615
Old 07-16-2007, 08:45 AM
Tech Apprentice

I just heard about H&H closing on friday, and while I have never been there myself, it is sad to see a hobby shop close. Back when I first got into RC stuff, I remember you had 2 options:
1) Local Hobby Shop
2) Order by mail/phone from tower, wait 2-3 weeks for arrival

I personally do NOT like buying online (Even though as a programmer I build online storefronts), simply because I prefer to get what I paid for, and do not like:
a) Paying shipping as well
b) Having to wait upwards of 5 days to get what is mine

I read the post in the Electric On-road forum about tracks closing everywhere and I personally think that most hobbyists do not support their LHS, but order online thinking its cheaper, never once factoring in:
1) Shipping makes the price about the exact same as the LHS
2) Not buying from the LHS means that you are not supporting the people who have put in a large investment for a track, and turn around and charge you only $5 for a WHOLE day.

Karim
Old 07-16-2007, 01:40 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by karim18
...Not buying from the LHS means that you are not supporting the people who have put in a large investment for a track, and turn around and charge you only $5 for a WHOLE day...
I agree with you completely, although I have to admit that I am a racer/enthusiast that is guilty of purchasing online. I buy what I can, from the hobby shop that I am going to be using the vehicle at. For instance, while racing onroad or oval at His And Hers, most of my equipment and replacement parts were always on the wall, at a very decent price, so I purchased it right there. When I race offroad, I try to purchase my offroad supplies from Bristol R/C where I usualy use that equipment. $5.00 here or there will not break anybody, and it really does help out the Local Hobby Shop. Then again there are times when Ebay ( gasp sorry ) makes it possible for a racer to save more than $20 or $30 on a single part...and lots of racers are on a tight budget. Online shopping is here to stay, and sometimes it allows enthusiasts to get a component that they normally wouldn't be able to get.

I guess, we should do what we can...as often as possible...for our Local Hobby Shops.
Old 07-17-2007, 08:54 AM
Tech Apprentice

eBay seems to me the only place where there is a LARGE disparity in pricing. I just bought a drift TC from eBay, but the reason I bought it from there is because I am going to use it strictly for drift (Still bought the motor for it from Harbor Hobby, cause those guys are the best). I also bought a rustler recently, but made sure to buy battery packs, charger and tires from the local hobby shops (These totaled out higher than the price of the rustler). I see no real "Problem" buying online, its just the people that ONLY order online that I think hurt the LHS.... I make sure to buy ALL spares and hop-ups from either Grayslake or Harbor, the only thing I order online is the kits/rtr's ... and even then, I spend more on goodies i buy from the LHS for each then I do on the kit/rtr

Karim
Old 07-20-2007, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Default MWNX.COM SUMMER LEGENDS SERIES

REGARDING THE MWNX.COM SUMMER LEGENDS SERIES

So I've made the decision, we've gotten all the votes we're probably going to get. It looks like a tie, between Parking Lot racing and Harbor Hobby. Looking at this from a business standpoint, it would be silly to risk cancellation of the events due to rain out, so I'm going to be the tie breaker, and I've decided to hold the remaining races in the Summer Legends Series at Harbor Hobby.

Final details are still up in the air, but it appears as if we can hold to our schedule of Tuesday nights...

Round 4, Tuesday, August 14
Round 5, Tuesday, September 11

For more information, visit...

http://rc-racer.midwestnitrocross.co...pic.php?t=1623
Old 07-26-2007, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Here is a post I found from Bill on his message boards at His And Hers Hobbies...

Finally I have gotten a few minutes put together to get on here and let everyone know what that heck is going on with us in Racine......
As posted earlier, we tried to get the system set up a couple of weekends ago and found out that there was just too much to try to figure out and also have some cars run through the system.... We appreciate those of you that came out and gave us a helping hand....

Gary and I got together last Friday and got the system worked out, got the software configured properly and messed around with it for a bit.... Basically there is no manual for the software or the hardware, the book that came with it is useless at best.... so after about an hour or so of playing around with the system, we came to the realization that there are 3 modes that can be used as described in the manual, but only 2 are actually in the software. Once we figured that out it was pretty smooth sailing from there. So here is where we are at with everything.....

Once we got everything hooked up and working, we realized that we had enough sensors to run every option in a single lane configuration, or pre-stage, stage and end in a dual lane configuration. What this would give us is reaction time and ET but not 66 feet or the speed trap, so we ordered 4 more sensors so that we have everything needed to get all of the information that can be wanted on both lanes.

In addition, the cabling runs down the center of the track, so we are actually going to pick up enough of the white "boards" that we had on the outside of the track to build a set of center lanes. The center dividers will serve a couple of functions: 1 a run way to lay all of the cabling and 2 protection for the sensors and cabling. This also means that the cars will be incapable of getting together as they are running down the track. Of course if you hit an inner divider wall it would be the same as hitting an outer wall or crossing the center line.... DQ

This will also allow us to cut holes in the boards for sensor locations so that each time we set the track, the sensors are in the same exact location every time without measuring.... ease of layout and accuracy of track dimensions and safety of equipment (both track and cars)....

At this point Gary is on vacation until the 4th and I am moving my house next week. Once that is done our plans are as follows:

1. We need final approval from the land owner to allow us to host regular racing events in his lot.... after the gas cars ran on road there this weekend that was the real test as to the permanancy of the site. If this does not work out, we have another that we are working on.

2. We want to get together for at least one weekend (sat or sun) in August and several weekday evening under the lights runs also in August.

3. We would like to put together a BIGGER posted and promoted event in Mid September and again in October, as well as weekday (possibly friday evenings) evening stuff throughout September and October.... after that we will run as long as people want to run and the weather permits

From here it is too early to really guess what will happen, but Gary and I are both wanting to see if we can find someplace in a warehouse that we can run during the winter..... no promises on this, but that is what we are going to be looking around for....

If we should find a place, we will be hoping for all of your support to ensure that we can keep it going!

Thanks everyone for your continued interest, I do apologize for the amount of time it has taken me to get on here and let you all know what is going on.... Closing and moving out of the shop and also preparing to move my house has really been taking its toll on my spare time.

I will be on the boards here regularly so, if you have questions - ask away, I will get answers if I can

Thanks everyone

Bill Van Kirk