Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Like Tree19Likes

FORMULA R/C

Search this Thread

Old 04-26-2018, 02:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

The rules were written this way seven years ago because that's how we wanted them to be. Pretty nice to run your own program and decide what's allowed, and what's not allowed, isn't it.

Originally Posted by Essnowyt
Just wondering, why were rules written to open the tires in USGT?

"Tire & Wheel Specifications: Any sedan style treaded tire. (NOSLICKS)" - Per Facebook.

The USGT Gravity R/C premounted tire has been wildly adopted for this class. I can't believe there are participants that do not have these tires.

Snowy.
Old 04-26-2018, 02:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Season 7 is right around the corner!
Old 04-27-2018, 06:57 AM
Tech Fanatic

My way or the hi-way?
Old 04-27-2018, 07:49 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Skip109
My way or the hi-way?
I need to change sensor wires. Is there a list of approved sensor wires that I can use?
Old 04-27-2018, 06:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MJSGas

I need to change sensor wires. Is there a list of approved sensor wires that I can use?
consult the Roar approved manual subsections for approved listing of sensor cables and user manuals for specific chassis screw torque specifications
Old 04-28-2018, 02:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

I guess so Skip. Been that way from the start. Fortunately, there are a few highways to choose from when it comes to carpet racing. Including Revolution Raceways normal club racing.

Originally Posted by Skip109
My way or the hi-way?
Old 04-28-2018, 04:12 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Dobbs
consult the Roar approved manual subsections for approved listing of sensor cables and user manuals for specific chassis screw torque specifications
I was also looking at new body clips this season. Any new rules on body clips for 2018?
Old 04-28-2018, 06:07 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

I was also looking at new body clips this season. Any new rules on body clips for 2018?
Any color, any size as long as it's not orange. I already called dibs on orange clips.😃
Old 04-30-2018, 06:39 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

I think Sweeny should be made to run the gear diff. He was running a consistent half second faster with a ball diff at Windy this weekend 😡
Old 04-30-2018, 01:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by thundernut6
I think Sweeny should be made to run the gear diff. He was running a consistent half second faster with a ball diff at Windy this weekend 😡
That's great, I knew he wouldn't have any problems with it .
Old 04-30-2018, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Dobbs, ur a good sport and a good man
A) Sweeney can you verify that you went faster with the slipomatic? excuse me, ball diff?
B) Just curious, because it wouldn't change anything anyway since the differential is a tuning option, different tracks, different diff needs diff diff for diff track haha
C) I can't make a lot of weekends, but won't try to make the others, I don't have the time for setup b, I run off road, race full size cars, if ur gonna ban this and that which is allowed everywhere else, then it's a goofy one off event, I hope you guys have fun, but Jesse can't bring the fenix and I love to run with Jesse, I'm just telling you, honestly, why I live 45 min away and will just keep my f1 on the shelf for the summer instead, if you really think you can't win without a gear diff and a protoform body, together that's $130, or about the cost of gas for people to come who live maybe an hour away for the season $20-25 in gas times six weeks, I mean, it's completely useless data to run the class even more restricted than it is
D) I'm not trying to complain so that anything is better for me, I don't care, I'll drive to Chicago, love Chicago, I genuinely care about R/C as a sport and think you can't argue cost reduction and then purposefully open up the tire rule, then complain that people only come once, that doesn't mean those people are not real racers, it means they don't want to come back, and right now R/C doesn't need that anywhere, we need the opposite of that, that's the only reason I'm putting in the effort of this post currently, just run the same rules everyone else runs, that's why they are there
Old 04-30-2018, 07:58 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Adamska27
Dobbs, ur a good sport and a good man
A) Sweeney can you verify that you went faster with the slipomatic? excuse me, ball diff?
B) Just curious, because it wouldn't change anything anyway since the differential is a tuning option, different tracks, different diff needs diff diff for diff track haha
C) I can't make a lot of weekends, but won't try to make the others, I don't have the time for setup b, I run off road, race full size cars, if ur gonna ban this and that which is allowed everywhere else, then it's a goofy one off event, I hope you guys have fun, but Jesse can't bring the fenix and I love to run with Jesse, I'm just telling you, honestly, why I live 45 min away and will just keep my f1 on the shelf for the summer instead, if you really think you can't win without a gear diff and a protoform body, together that's $130, or about the cost of gas for people to come who live maybe an hour away for the season $20-25 in gas times six weeks, I mean, it's completely useless data to run the class even more restricted than it is
D) I'm not trying to complain so that anything is better for me, I don't care, I'll drive to Chicago, love Chicago, I genuinely care about R/C as a sport and think you can't argue cost reduction and then purposefully open up the tire rule, then complain that people only come once, that doesn't mean those people are not real racers, it means they don't want to come back, and right now R/C doesn't need that anywhere, we need the opposite of that, that's the only reason I'm putting in the effort of this post currently, just run the same rules everyone else runs, that's why they are there

Yes I did. And that was with a practice motor and batteries. I would have been 1 lap faster then I ran at the Scale Nationals, except for an error on my part. My race motor and packs will be locked and loaded.

A few racers from WCRC are probably not going to come either. It’s a shame.
Old 05-01-2018, 07:14 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Yes I did. And that was with a practice motor and batteries. I would have been 1 lap faster then I ran at the Scale Nationals, except for an error on my part. My race motor and packs will be locked and loaded.

A few racers from WCRC are probably not going to come either. It’s a shame.
Well, if they still had the same layout in, there was likely much more rubber down, that could be part of it
Next time you see me, come over to my pit and lets talk gear diff settings, I might be useful for once
Old 05-01-2018, 09:36 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You cant count sweenys car. He proly has a 21.5 in it lol
Old 05-02-2018, 10:21 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by KINGZJ
You cant count sweenys car. He proly has a 21.5 in it lol
I am ready for tech at anytime......are all of you?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.