Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So is it this format for all classes?
Old 03-07-2018, 07:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Adamska27 View Post
So is it this format for all classes?
Yes, we run 1 qualifier that is 5 mins per each class. And then run 3 heats all 10 minute heats all classes with a timed simulated pit stop. And we only run VTA, USGT, F1 AND LM for this format.
qcrc likes this.
Old 03-11-2018, 05:48 PM
Tech Fanatic

The Invitationals are done, and it seemed like everybody had a good time. The racing was close for sure, with some tight battles. Thank you to everybody for taking the time to join us at the race.
The 2018 season is right around the corner, and we'll be posting the flyer, rules, and dates soon. As always, please feel free to contact us should you have any questions. Thanks again!
KingTony likes this.
Old 04-14-2018, 08:47 PM
Tech Adept

I see the 2018 rules have been posted.

The F26 is outlawed? There are many bodies already being used that are unrealistic and out of proportion. So this makes no sense to me. At the end of the day, the body has zero effect on handling.

Gear diffs outlawed, only “FACTORY” diffs allowed. You have no idea the can of worms your opening. It may sound straight forward and simple, but it not.

Your program has always been fun and simple...... something to think about.
Mark Sweeney
Old 04-15-2018, 10:00 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 49 (100%+)

Noticed that the invitational should be listed as Saturday May 12.

Also thought that the HPI tires are still legal to use. Unless this series is USVTA sanctioned race. Please advise.
Old 04-16-2018, 11:30 AM

Trader Rating: 76 (100%+)

You might get an answer if you post to the facebook page.
Old 04-16-2018, 05:43 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm always here for you Sweeney
I don't like the facebook, and I'm certainly in no mood for it now
the fenix car comes with a gear diff, so that's cute
I personally can't make most of these dates, so my opinion I guess isn't important (I'll be racing nitro buggy those days)
But if it rained, and I had my F1 car that I run everywhere else......... and I gotta dig out my old worn ball diff, redo it, reset it all morning at the track, cuz I haven't used it in months.......
Plus that body is ugly, let people run it.....uuuuugggglllyyyy ......but I don't care if Sweeney wants to run the new protoform body
I thought in the rules it specified 7.4v nominal lipos.......that should be reworded as 2s lipos with a max voltage of 8.44 at all times......don't tell me my lihv are banned???
Again, probably won't make it, but also not really worried about it?
Old 04-16-2018, 08:43 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Crappy f1 rules. My car doesn't qualify to run. You should just make it a one chassis spec class instead of forcing people to dumb down their current cars.
Old 04-16-2018, 09:10 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi guys, I was out for the weekend, so i didn't get a chance to get to this. The reason that we are going back to spec diffs in the cars, is to bring the field to a more competitive stance, in terms of trying to keep the cost of the class down. We actually did have a one car spec class for the first two years, and opened it up to allow others to run, but there is a fine line. We don't want this class to become a wallet warrior class. Factory diff gears are where it's going to be this year. If you want to run the gear diffs, fine but no points. No can of worms either, as the discussion will not affect the decision. Gear diffs, are already making their way into other classes that were supposed to be SPEC(LM class) As for the comments in favor from them, it's interesting, as we've barely seen racers that are complaining about the rules ever running in the points series with us. If I recall, I've seen one or two of you at one race that was actually points related. Two years ago. Is there anybody that comes to Hobby town in a 500 sq mile area even running a Fenix car, that comes to race there? Just curious. In regards to the body not having an effect on handling...why does it have high down-force design put into the front end?

As previously stated, these rules were put in place to keep the field in a respectable place. You drivers that know what you're doing surely have the means to stay competitive. We started this series to try and make a fun, reasonably cost effective series for our racers. No everyone can throw down, and get the most loaded out kit to run. This is why we don't run sedans, and tried spec F1's in the past. There is a fine line in all of the class layouts, and we gave a bit in regards to kits in the F1 series, to grow it. I hope that you can understand this position. Thanks.

Last edited by Howler; 04-16-2018 at 09:16 PM. Reason: added content
Old 04-16-2018, 09:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thanks for the remark on the batt rules, It's noted, and also the rules in the current USVTA F1 listing, which we are going by.. As for your running F1, that's yours and everybody else s choice. The rules are set for this year.

Originally Posted by Adamska27 View Post
I'm always here for you Sweeney
I don't like the facebook, and I'm certainly in no mood for it now
the fenix car comes with a gear diff, so that's cute
I personally can't make most of these dates, so my opinion I guess isn't important (I'll be racing nitro buggy those days)
But if it rained, and I had my F1 car that I run everywhere else......... and I gotta dig out my old worn ball diff, redo it, reset it all morning at the track, cuz I haven't used it in months.......
Plus that body is ugly, let people run it.....uuuuugggglllyyyy ......but I don't care if Sweeney wants to run the new protoform body
I thought in the rules it specified 7.4v nominal lipos.......that should be reworded as 2s lipos with a max voltage of 8.44 at all times......don't tell me my lihv are banned???
Again, probably won't make it, but also not really worried about it?
Old 04-17-2018, 06:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I have a fenix and their are several in the area.
Old 04-17-2018, 12:16 PM
Tech Fanatic

Thank you for the heads up.

Originally Posted by KINGZJ View Post
I have a fenix and their are several in the area.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:35 AM
Tech Adept

Hi, my question is for the USVTA rule regarding batteries. The 5000mh batteries was changed to 6000mh. I have 6000s and do not want to have to buy 5000s to race the series. Thoughts?
Old 04-18-2018, 03:05 PM
Tech Fanatic

Hi Rich, Matt was supposed to get back to you, but it's all good. We will allow the 6000mh, since it's been changed to the rules in USVTA. Apparently, the page wasn't updated for them yet. Thanks again!

Originally Posted by richdevro View Post
Hi, my question is for the USVTA rule regarding batteries. The 5000mh batteries was changed to 6000mh. I have 6000s and do not want to have to buy 5000s to race the series. Thoughts?
Old 04-24-2018, 10:02 PM
Tech Master

Just wondering, why were rules written to open the tires in USGT?

"Tire & Wheel Specifications: Any sedan style treaded tire. (NOSLICKS)" - Per Facebook.

The USGT Gravity R/C premounted tire has been wildly adopted for this class. I can't believe there are participants that do not have these tires.

Snowy.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Terms of Service