Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
"Race For Awareness 2016" presented by Abt Electronics >

"Race For Awareness 2016" presented by Abt Electronics

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

"Race For Awareness 2016" presented by Abt Electronics

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 06:48 PM
Tech Initiate

http://www.rctech.net/forum/attachme...1&d=1472089613
Old 08-24-2016, 06:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Still not working attachment
Old 08-24-2016, 07:24 PM
Tech Initiate

Default mains abt race

abt race mains
Attached Thumbnails "Race For Awareness 2016" presented by Abt Electronics-14123954_1851897255034104_1539416108_o.jpg  
Old 08-25-2016, 05:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

What happened to results for a main it's blank no time?
Old 08-25-2016, 05:17 AM
Tech Initiate

For the Rookie race nobody had transponders. For race 6 somebody unplugged the extension cord and didn't tell us. For race 8 Paul just yelled go and I wasn't even at the PC lol.
Old 08-25-2016, 04:49 PM
Tech Adept

Default Thanks everyone!

I'm not quite sure where to begin with this. Both the Abt Family and I cannot express how thankful we are for everyone's participation in this weekends event! The weather was absolutely perfect and crowds we consistent all day!

Big thanks to PJ-Fuzzy Dice Car Shows for putting on a fantastic car show! We had 130+ cars enter. Not a bad turn out for the first formal car show at Abt Electronics!

To the on-road R/C racers, I personally want to apologize for the technical difficulties we experienced today. We had a few no-call no-shows for our raffle and registration volunteers, and our store PA system went missing, and we had to daisy chain for power. I know it was rough, but if it wasn't for Paul Lemieux, Doug from RC Scoring Pro, and Chad Stowe, we may have not have had a race at all! Thank you so so much for coming down from Milwaukee to help us out on such short notice! We were dangerously close to calling the race, but they single handedly were able to come through and make this happen. It was rough, but it all came through in the end! It was an honor to have the best R/C racer in the world come out and play telephone between the announcer and the drivers! Big big thanks to Chris Bush, Rich Sudantas Carl Seils, & Jeff Piske for helping with the track setup and layout in the morning! Special thanks to our friends at Strictly R/C for allowing us to use their equipment last minute again this year!

It has become apparent that if we are to include R/C racing in future events, that I would need another person/persons to help me organize and orchestrate the R/C portion of this event during and leading up to it. It is becoming incredibly overwhelming for one person to put on an event of this magnitude. Plus being out of the racing scene does not help either . I do not want to see the R/C portion of this event go away or have pro racers be turned off to coming to future races. Just want to see what is best for the hobby. Adding an off road track for future events was mentioned, I'm sure a lot of you would love to see that happen as well!

Shout out to our friends at Midwest Slidewayz R/C Drift Club for coming out for the third year in a row! You guys always do a great job of putting on a awesome show for the crowd! Mark Dela Paz & Chris Jedd, you guys have been supporting us since day one and we hope to continue to include you guys for many events to come!

And last but not least, our new friends at Chi-Town RC Crawlers! You guys are amazing to say the least! Brian Cannaday and your crew are the most outgoing, selfless group of guys I have ever meet in this hobby! I cannot believe the amount of time and work you put into making this demo happen! It's groups like you that really give the R/C hobby a great image! I still cannot believe that you were handing out ready to run R/C trucks to random child's! To keep! Who does that?!? And the fact that you were inviting child's to run the course with your personal rigs was awesome! Everything from making shirts, and raffling off the hottest R/C truck on the market was amazing! We cannot thank you enough for all you have done! I cannot wait to include you guys in future events.

Big thanks to all of our sponsors, Sony, CTX Speed, McAllister Racing, Motiv, Gravity RC, Windy City RC, House of Cakes, Alloy Pysical Care, Shriners Hospitals for Children, Glenview Police Department, Webb Chevrolet Oaklawn

Congrats to our buddy Kevin Dexter on winning big on the raffle by winning a brand new 55" Sony 4K HDR TV!!! Kevin has been to all of our events since day one and competed on all three tracks today!

Again, we cannot thank all of you enough for your involvement! Hope to see everyone back next year! The Abt Family already has me starting to prepare next years event! Anyone interested in helping out for next years event, email me at [email protected]!
Old 08-26-2016, 02:06 PM
Tech Adept

Also, anyone who finished 1st, 2nd, or 3rd in any of the A main races, please email me your info (phone number, mailing address, and email address) so I could have Abt Mail you your awards! My email again is [email protected] thanks again!
Old 08-27-2016, 06:42 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Congrats to our buddy Kevin Dexter on winning big on the raffle by winning a brand new 55" Sony 4K HDR TV!!! Kevin has been to all of our events since day one and competed on all three tracks today!
There was a raffle?
Old 08-28-2016, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 115 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kufman
There was a raffle?
Thats a good question.
Old 08-28-2016, 11:09 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

I didn't know about it either. Would have bought some tickets.
Old 08-30-2016, 02:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by 74VWTECH
I didn't know about it either. Would have bought some tickets.
+1