R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   Windy City RC Raceway & Hobbies (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/907082-windy-city-rc-raceway-hobbies.html)

WindyCityRC 01-18-2016 04:21 PM

Originally Posted by Kevin K (Post 14353502)
What tha???

Do you guys even know whats going on in racing in the area? When was the last time carpet Oval anything was raced in this area?

First opening up at the end of indoor season....Second making 2 small tracks and not 1 larger track had me very apprehensive now to read Oval is being discussed I really have more apprehension then I did before. Have you guys even reached out to anyone that actually races carpet on a regular basis or is this coming off as it looks by just being slapped together? I hope Im off base but I have seen this all way too many times in the past....if you dont learn from the past you will repeat it. I guess only time will tell....

Kevin - we have combined over 30yrs in the Racing/Hobby Industry. We do realize oval has been gone for some time, it was something that was asked for by a few and something we would look in to running.

As far as the starting at the end of the indoor season. Was there really a good outdoor season last year? We had a lot of rain out days last outdoor season, it will be nice to race and pit inside with the AC. We would of loved to of had this up and running in November, just the obstacles that you face when dealing with any Village in the burbs it takes time.

We have put a lot of thought into having a 2 track facility. We feel that both tracks are of good size and will offer more of an opportunity to get new racers into the hobby. After all Trackside is a great facility and about the same size.

Trust me nothing is getting slapped together. This has been a project in the works for some time. We look forward to bringing the suburbs a great facility to race and enjoy the hobby.

WCRC

hotrodchevy14 01-18-2016 04:32 PM

Originally Posted by WindyCityRC (Post 14353633)
Kevin - we have combined over 30yrs in the Racing/Hobby Industry. We do realize oval has been gone for some time, it was something that was asked for by a few and something we would look in to running.

As far as the starting at the end of the indoor season. Was there really a good outdoor season last year? We had a lot of rain out days last outdoor season, it will be nice to race and pit inside with the AC. Trust me we would of loved to of had this up and running in November, just the obstacles that you face when dealing with any Village in the burbs it takes time.

We have put a lot of thought into having a 2 track facility. We feel that both tracks are of good size and will offer more of an opportunity to get new racers into the hobby. After all Trackside is a great facility and about the same size.

Trust me nothing is getting slapped together. This has been a project in the works for some time. We look forward to bringing the suburbs a great facility to race and enjoy the hobby.

WCRC

Please pay no mind to those with negativity in mind. I have been in the hobby for close to 30 years. Your place sounds great a welcome place to race closer than Winthrop harbor. The haters will always be there. Good luck and can't wait to try your tracks.

Ryno90 01-18-2016 04:43 PM

Looking forward to checking Windy City Raceway out. I hope all goes smooth during the build out for you all.

Lone Drifter 01-18-2016 04:51 PM

Ill race oval too , I still have my TRC Disruptor from 20 years ago :lol:
Racing VTA Oval once in a while will be great fun .

hotrodchevy14 01-18-2016 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter (Post 14353704)

Lets dust off the ds cars.😀

trf415msx 01-18-2016 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by Lone Drifter (Post 14353704)

I will try the oval too sound like fun ...,can't wait
Let do it thumb up

Lone Drifter 01-18-2016 05:24 PM

Originally Posted by hotrodchevy14 (Post 14353721)
Lets dust off the ds cars.😀

We may be the only ones in northern Illinois that still have Running RC10DS cars :lol:

Coach K 01-18-2016 05:43 PM

oval racing...

Hey oval is not dead...last few seasons we ran oval nights during the points series at the westgate cup....guess what we drew a bunch of guys in and they were beggin for more. Too much of one thing gets old, if they were just on road - you lose the off roaders...if you were off-road only you miss out on the touring, f1, mini, vta, etc stuff.
The more classes the better, they don't have to run every night, say Monday Circle madness and do all oval racing Monday nights, they put up barriers for the rest of the week. This way you don't leave anyone out, have something others don't offer AND it sounds like they want to GROW the beginner community, which is music to my ears, cause that means more racers, more $ for the track which leads to good things.
A lot of people slam oval racing...they think it is too easy, etc. To run good CONSISTENT laps times is hard...to do it in traffic is VERY difficult. Try passing a car matched in speed while doing sub 4 second laps...
Also, one more thing....I seem to remember the snowbirds running a few oval races.
Keep up the good work guys, don't forget about the beginners - they are your hope for long term! (Also don't forget F1 Class...lol)
Coach K

Fast410 01-18-2016 05:47 PM

subscribed!

Kevin K 01-18-2016 06:32 PM

Originally Posted by WindyCityRC (Post 14353633)

As far as the starting at the end of the indoor season. Was there really a good outdoor season last year? We had a lot of rain out days last outdoor season, it will be nice to race and pit inside with the AC. We would of loved to of had this up and running in November, just the obstacles that you face when dealing with any Village in the burbs it takes time.

WCRC

Thanks for the reply!

Ive been in this for over 30 years myself thats why I have raised these questions. I have seen it all come and go I dont want to see the same mistakes made again.

There is a reason that Oval has been gone for sometime from the area is all Im saying. If you can bring it back from the dead then more power to you at the same time look at the past or you will be doomed to repeat it.

There wasnt much of an outdoor season but know that carpet racers stop racing most times in April. Sure you will get people to come out and I would probably be one of them but its not the greatest time to build revenue.

You have 1000 people throwing ideas at you be selective on what you listen to. Dont stray far from what is working in the area as far as classes. You cant please everyone and you cant listen to everyone. Im not saying any of this as a negative Im just saying this so the past isnt repeated. Yes you need to get new people in the door but at the same time dont close the door to people that will be there more than 1 weekend a month.

In the end best of luck I will keep an eye on this and I look forward to checking this out once its all built and ready to be raced on.

ovalracer33 01-18-2016 07:45 PM

I would so come check out your oval racing. Oval isnt dead in this area. Im from the rockford area and would try to make a race or two if schedule works out.

dirt42fan 01-19-2016 07:07 AM

Did someone say oval racing?????

Did someone say Air Conditioning?

I guess I better go buy a new Custom Works car and get it built.

Keep up the great ideas guys and stay positive. You will be drawing from the 3rd largest market in the USA. I am pretty sure if you build it and do it right they will come!

xxtremehybridxx 01-19-2016 07:32 AM

I've always wanted to give oval a try! I've had a Associated RC10L4O and a Bolink Legend for years and have been dying to give them a go on a carpet oval.

Nexus 01-19-2016 07:35 AM

Kevin and the Xray kill team will be TQing at this place in no time! FAK LOL HPI Ninja Death Squad might have to return. Well now I have a Snake car :P

I know a few of the people involved and they are all smart guys. One big track is what I think would be most attractive, but I don't have any stake in this. If two tracks can work then I'm all for that too since I own both on and offroad cars.

RCTech is still the best and worst thing to happen to RC LOL

Nexus 01-19-2016 07:35 AM

Kevin and the Xray kill team will be TQing at this place in no time! FAK LOL HPI Ninja Death Squad might have to return. Well now I have a Snake car :P

I know a few of the people involved and they are all smart guys. One big track is what I think would be most attractive, but I don't have any stake in this. If two tracks can work then I'm all for that too since I own both on and offroad cars.

RCTech is still the best and worst thing to happen to RC LOL