Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
FORMULA R/C Fall Carpet Invitationals >

FORMULA R/C Fall Carpet Invitationals

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

FORMULA R/C Fall Carpet Invitationals

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2015, 12:20 PM
Tech Fanatic

For those of you arriving early, you can park on 8th ave, and enter the North side of the building. Track is upstairs, and there is a service elevator if you have a lot of gear. Please get a hold of a track official to get your gear brought to the 2nd floor of the elevator. Thank you!
Old 11-07-2015, 04:13 AM
Tech Fanatic

The day is FINALLY here, and it's a great day for racing! See you all at the track. Safe travels!
Old 11-07-2015, 04:53 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Great turn out and racing thanks perry for a great event.team smooth 1st in f1 vta and gt thanks all who came out to race if you missed this one make sure you don't miss the next one....
Old 11-07-2015, 06:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Just wanted to thank everybody who took the day to come on out, and support Formula R/C for the Fall Invitational. All in all it was a great day. Forty-three entries in all wasn't too bad considering there were less peeps that showed than on the list, and we had drivers from WI, Il, and IA show up.

Met some great new people in the on-road scene, and it looked like everybody had a fun time for the most part. Racing was tight and showed. First bracket of F1 was spread by .4 of a second, and similar in some other classes as well.

Formula R/C would like to once again thank everybody for making the trip, and hope you all made it home safely. Pics will be posted on our Facebook page " Formula R/C " in the next week or so, and if you have any, please feel free to share them with us.

A VERY SPECIAL THANKS TO BILL for announcing for us today. Class act for sure man, and very much appreciated.
Old 11-08-2015, 12:02 PM
Tech Elite

Hi All,

I just wanted to thank every one at Oshkosh (Formula r/c) and the Hoobytown track for a great event. I had a great day with you all. It was well worth the trip!!
Just sorry I had to leave early before the final mains.

I had a rough start, not surprisingly having not ran carpet, 1/10th Formula 1 or any electric racing in some 3 years.

I was in the Formula 1 class and unfortunately, the FIA issued me the wrong tire's!! So for my practice session's, the car was a handful to say the least giving me 14 s laps?! Not good, but I did feel that the car was balanced front to rear. Just lacked grip.
I even ended up breaking the car and the mechanic's, oh yes, that's me too , had to jump in to keep the car alive!
I was actually offered tires from both my McLaren team mate's car as well as from a competitor's, (thank's Perry )

My McLaren team mate came to my aid and gave me a set of the current compound tires needed. With some tire prep' from Howler (Perry) the tires had an immediate effect!
Practice times started tumbling down.
In qualifying, with only 1 flying lap needed, I was starting to actually drive too and was able to post a 12.2 s lap time. Only about 0.5 s away from being able to race in the A main with the top boy's! Well pleased.

I was able to win the two main's I was able to stay for having to leave early and miss the last main.

Even though I had to leave early I had a thoroughly enjoyable day thanks to all at the track for making it so!!!

I shall be keeping an eye out for future event's at this track!

Regards
Anthony
Old 11-08-2015, 03:58 PM
Tech Fanatic

It was great to have you there man! Just making sure that Jeff Bergen, our local "Ice Man" and a heck of a good guy, received proper credit for getting you that full set of skins for your ride in the races. Your car looked really good after the grip situation was sorted out.
Old 11-08-2015, 06:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Howler
It was great to have you there man! Just making sure that Jeff Bergen, our local "Ice Man" and a heck of a good guy, received proper credit for getting you that full set of skins for your ride in the races. Your car looked really good after the grip situation was sorted out.
Thanks Perry. Just need to drive a little better. Maybe time to get rid of that old tired Silver Can too.

Yes. Please do make sure Jeff get's that thanks. I would have struggled all day with out hime being so good as to give me that set.
I did manage to thank him a couple of times but he really did make my day so much better.
Go team McLaren!!

Regards
Anthony

PS: Let Jeff know I may have a 21.5 turn in next time. If I can get these other two car's built I have to do first. I will prep' the F1 car for the next race with a 21.5 motor in. And I guarantee, it will be shod with new rubber