Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
2015/16 Gravity RC Midwest All-Star Carpet Series >

2015/16 Gravity RC Midwest All-Star Carpet Series

Old 07-13-2015, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)
Default 2015/16 Gravity RC Midwest All-Star Carpet Series

We are back for the 12th year of the series ....

Its July and Carpet season will be here before we know it.

We have made some changes for this year...we will once again be traveling between tracks We will have 5 races that will alternate between The Track @ Winthrop Harbor, IL and Oshkosh Revolution Raceway in Oshkosh, WI.

The races will take place on sundays once again! With Saturday being a travel day or practice day with the host track being open its normal saturday schedule. We tried to plan the days before most other larger events that people will travel to so they can be a warm up race as well. As always the last date in march might change once ROAR gives us the dates for the carpet nats...it will only change if they fall on the same weekend.

Again for this season only Gravity RC traction compound will be allowed at the events. This should help with getting rid of the compound "slurry" that happens sometimes and make the racing groove up better for all. Also Gravity RC sedan tires will be the only tires allowed in the Sedan classes.

We are going to open up the amount of classes for this season. With one hard fast rule....less than 5 cars and that class does not race. If a class misses 1 round it does not qualify for end of season awards.

Dates for this season's races…..
October 25th Harbor
November 22nd Oshkosh
January 17th Harbor
February 28th Oshkosh
March 20th Harbor

All Races will be held at
~ The Track @ Harbor Hobbies in Winthrop Harbor, IL ~
http://www.harbor-hobby.net/

~ Revolution Raceway in Oshkosh, WI ~
http://www.revolutionraceway.com/tracks/oshkosh/

Classes
USGT……21.5 motor limit ROAR spec ESC
Expert Sedan….17.5 motor limit ROAR spec ESC
USVTA…..USVTA rules
Expert 12th Scale…..13.5 motor limit ROAR spec ESC 1 cell lipo
Sportsman sedan….. Rookie drivers with 17.5 motor MAX ROAR spec ESC
Mod Sedan...ROAR Mod sedan rules
TCS Mini Cooper....TCS Mini Cooper rules
F1....21.5 motors, rubber tires and ROAR spec ESC

Cost $20.00 for the first class $15.00 every class after that.

Start time
Doors open at 8am….open practice until 11:00pm
First Qualifier at 11:15am….3 total qualifiers and single mains if we have more that 80 entries we will drop 1 qualifier and just run 2 quals and single mains
8 cars max per heat and or main
All VTA, USGT, F1, Mini and Sedan Qualifiers are 5 min with 5 min mains
12th scale is 8 min with 8 min mains
USGT and VTA are all heads up starts
All Classes must have 5 cars entered to be raced that day

Rules…..
Sedan weight……….1380g
USGT weight……….1380g
VTA weight...........1550g
12th scale weight……730g

Ride height 5mm for rubber tires and 3mm for foam tires
ROAR approved Lipo’s and Motors only for ROAR classes
No lipo higher than 8.40V for 2 cell and 4.20 for 1 cell packs will pass tech…this is a pass/fail rule if you fail you are not allowed to make that run.
Every lipo must be charged in a lipo sack or protective device.

USGT
Any 190mm 4wd or FWD Sedan chassis
Any 190-200mm USGT/2 door sports car bodies….NO ROAR/IFMAR listed bodies are allowed
Any ROAR approved 21.5 motor is allowed
Any Scale type molded plastic wing is allowed
Any Lexan wing must be no more than 10mm thick
Any Legal ROAR spec ESC set to ROAR spec Software
Only Gravity RC USGT spec tire on spoked rims with stock inserts

Expert Sedan
Any 190mm 4wd Sedan Chassis
Only ROAR/IFMAR approved Bodies
Any ROAR approved 17.5 motor is allowed
No Rear wing higher than the roof of the body
Any Gravity RC rubber tires are allowed

USVTA
Any 1/10th scale 4WD sedan chassis
Only HPI part #4797 31mm Rear and #4793 26mm Front Vintage compound treaded tires with stock inserts are allowed
Tires must have full visible tread on tire at first qualifier of the day
Only Novak 25.5 motors are allowed
All Current USVTA rules will be followed
USVTA list of ESC’s will be in effect

Expert 12th Scale
Any 13.5 motor
Any 1-cell ROAR approved lipo
Any 12th scale foam tires

Mod Sedan
Any 190mm 4wd Sedan Chassis
Only ROAR/IFMAR approved Bodies
Any ROAR approved MOD motor is allowed
No Rear wing higher than the roof of the body
Any Gravity RC rubber tires are allowed

Final points standings will be based off of your 4 best results with 1 throw out race if you make all 5 races. 100 pts for the winner and 1 point less on down the results. TQ for the day gets 1 bonus point. In the event of a tie it would go to the number of top finishes if they are tied after that it will be a coin toss to determine the who get the position. In the event of a 3 way tie there will be a potato sack race down the straight-a-way!

Awards
All awards will be handed out at the end of the series....We plan to do actual Trophies this year and we might see the return of 6ft tall trophies!!!!
The Trophies will be based on turnout for the entire series.
Here is how they will break down if the class averages 5-9 people per event then we will only have a 1st place award.....10 people per event then we will do awards for the top 3 in the class.....if there is 11-15 people per event for the class there will be awards for the top 5.....if there is 15+ people per event for the class then there will be awards for the top 10.

Don’t forget to follow us on Facebook as well.....

Last edited by Kevin K; 10-21-2015 at 05:21 AM.
Old 07-13-2015, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (75%+)

woo hoo
Old 07-13-2015, 06:54 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (98%+)

YEEEEEESSSSSSSS!!!!!!!
Old 07-14-2015, 06:10 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Thrilled to see Mod sedan made the cut and is now an official class. QD
Old 07-14-2015, 08:20 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

I'm hoping to make more than one race this series. Mod TC inside is always exciting!
Old 07-14-2015, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

If I bring a GT12 and race it in the 12th 13.5 expert class, would it be turned away? I could put an LMP body on it. GT12 would be a good addition to this event.

If you get bored, Google GT12 and notice that the UK guys are running F and G mains with 10 cars and they are taking reservations for no shows.
Old 07-14-2015, 03:27 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by liljohn1064 View Post
If I bring a GT12 and race it in the 12th 13.5 expert class, would it be turned away? I could put an LMP body on it. GT12 would be a good addition to this event.

If you get bored, Google GT12 and notice that the UK guys are running F and G mains with 10 cars and they are taking reservations for no shows.
Yes it will be turned away. Sorry I have never seen them run anywhere other than England or the guys in Madison. At this stage its not a class we will be offering. We are not going to open the door to classes being mixed together.
Old 07-14-2015, 07:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Awesome! I'm in for stock sedan. Hopefully I can get up to Oshkosh that's a hike.
Old 07-15-2015, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Kevin K View Post
Yes it will be turned away. Sorry I have never seen them run anywhere other than England or the guys in Madison. At this stage its not a class we will be offering. We are not going to open the door to classes being mixed together.
As stated: Most if not all of our GTs can put on an LMP style body and pass inspection. Most if not all us Madison guys are already up to speed on 13.5 blinky 12th scale, albeit with different bodies. We'd just be faster with more down force and less weight.

As far as not having seen this class run, make a point of trying to. I've raced with you and I think you'd be surprised. It would be an excellent demo class. Ask Scotty about the noise he's hearing coming from the rest of Europe. The history of this class is pretty cool once you dig into it. Mardave 12th scales have been around longer than most of us. The progression from oval to road course took some time, but the rules base is stricter than VTA.

So Question: If 7 or 8 of us, minimum, show up with GTs, you'd turn down the entry fee and possible entry into one or two other classes per driver just to let a few old hacks run their oddball class?

Again, I'm not arguing. I'm hoping to attend this series and have an F1 or 3 and VTA cars ready to run.
Old 07-15-2015, 07:36 PM
Tech Champion

As stated: Most if not all of our GTs can put on an LMP style body and pass inspection. Most if not all us Madison guys are already up to speed on 13.5 blinky 12th scale, albeit with different bodies. We'd just be faster with more down force and less weight.

As far as not having seen this class run, make a point of trying to. I've raced with you and I think you'd be surprised. It would be an excellent demo class. Ask Scotty about the noise he's hearing coming from the rest of Europe. The history of this class is pretty cool once you dig into it. Mardave 12th scales have been around longer than most of us. The progression from oval to road course took some time, but the rules base is stricter than VTA.

So Question: If 7 or 8 of us, minimum, show up with GTs, you'd turn down the entry fee and possible entry into one or two other classes per driver just to let a few old hacks run their oddball class?

Again, I'm not arguing. I'm hoping to attend this series and have an F1 or 3 and VTA cars ready to run.
Like I said we are not going to allow it. We have 8 different classes that we are offering. We do not have time for a Demo class at this time. If you really wanted to enjoy the series you would find one or more of the 8 classes and come out and have a good time. To push your own agenda for a class that is not run outside of your local track that last time I checked no one from supported the series in a few years, and then make it seem like we will be turning away entry fees is bad form. Best of luck with growing your class.
Old 07-16-2015, 10:36 AM
Tech Champion

Like I said we are not going to allow it. We have 8 different classes that we are offering. We do not have time for a Demo class at this time. If you really wanted to enjoy the series you would find one or more of the 8 classes and come out and have a good time. To push your own agenda for a class that is not run outside of your local track that last time I checked no one from supported the series in a few years, and then make it seem like we will be turning away entry fees is bad form. Best of luck with growing your class.
No agenda. As stated, I'm ready for F1 and VTA and looking forward to some traveling this year.

Will F1 tires be handout, TCS or open?
Old 07-16-2015, 10:52 AM
Tech Champion

No agenda. As stated, I'm ready for F1 and VTA and looking forward to some traveling this year.

Will F1 tires be handout, TCS or open?
No Hand out tires for any class. F1 will be Rubber tires only, most will likely run TCS tires as they are easy to get and work well.
Old 07-17-2015, 07:22 AM
Tech Champion

No Hand out tires for any class. F1 will be Rubber tires only, most will likely run TCS tires as they are easy to get and work well.
Sounds good.
Old 07-21-2015, 04:26 PM
Tech Master

Looking ahead to October. Today I found that F1 will be Circuit of the Americas on October 25th as well. Plan to have F1 on the TV's as we race the mini F1's.

Snowy.
Old 07-22-2015, 07:18 AM
Tech Champion

Just an FYI...Any VTA, USGT or F1 racers registration is now open for the USVTA National Championship. The Series races are a good place to score points and see how you stack up Nationally. We have a few Series regulars that are going to end up in the top 10 in each class.

https://sites.google.com/site/nationalusvtapoints/home

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service