The 2014/15 Race Em R/C Thread

Old 09-15-2014, 06:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Exclamation The 2014/15 Race Em R/C Thread

Welcome to the 2014/15 season thread.. This will be the the place to discuss all things Race Em and stay up to date on Schedules, Series info, Track info, special announcements and all things related to the track located in Z&M Hobbies. The 2013/14 thread will be deleted soon and will no longer be viewed.

Stay tuned for more info..
Old 09-15-2014, 06:21 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT PLEASE READ

As many of you know Race Em R/C started as an outdoor track in Northwest Rockford during the summer of 2010. Due to some challenges imposed by the city of Rockford our official 1st season kicked off in May of 2011. Race Em R/C has faced many challenges over the years and with every challenge we pulled together, worked hard, and found a solution.

There is a rumor floating around that Race Em R/C and Z&M Hobbies are in financial trouble and that we are closing the doors. Let me assure everyone nothing could be further from the truth. Race Em R/C is stronger than ever and the membership continues to grow. Z&M Hobbies is quickly growing to be a premier R/C Hobby shop destination of both the serious racer and online hobbyist.
The truth of the matter is the building that we currently lease has been under consideration by a large non-profit entity in the Rockford area for over a year. The owner of the building was very upfront and honest when we came in. Between the conversations that Justin at Z&M Hobbies had with the owner and the conversations the owner had with the other entity it looked as if we would be in the building for 3-5 years before they were ready to make the move.

The way the lease was drafted, Z&M hobbies had 1st right of refusal should they decide to pursue the building. Meaning Z&M could match the lease terms and stay. To everyone’s surprise they have found it necessary to move forward sooner than later.
In August Z&M hobbies was approached by the owner with new terms that would allow Z&M to secure the lease for 10 years. When they spoke in August it was the understanding Z&M hobbies would have 30 days to make a decision on whether to sign the lease or pursue another facility. During this 30 day period the intention was to look at several other locations in the area to see if there were other buildings that would sustain the growth both Z&M Hobbies and Race Em R/C and the vision for the future of the R/C hobby in the Rockford area.

On Sept 5th Z&M Hobbies received a phone call exactly 10 days from the initial contact informing that the 30 day clause had not been enacted when Z&M Hobbies signed the revised lease agreement. Forced with having to make an immediate decision the choice was made NOT to sign the lease on the current facility.

Some may be wondering why and the reason is simple: 10 years is a VERY LONG time…too long for the current location. We found quickly that the parking lot is too small to host the size events we want to host in the future. There is also a desire for an outdoor track on the same property- something that we would not be able to do at the current location.

Race Em R/C and Z&M hobbies are also very community oriented and the organization that will be moving in has a far greater reach in the community than we ever could. For us to stand in the way of their growth and the service they provide the community would go against everything Race EM R/C and Z&M hobbies was founded upon. The wheels are already in motion and we will have an announcement soon as to the new home. A timeline of when everything will take place will follow soon thereafter. The transition will be as seamless as possible with an estimated down time of 2-3 weeks max.

We will be kicking off the fall schedule very soon with the points series beginning on Oct 26th. The 3rd annual Breast Cancer awareness race on Oct 18th and the Black Friday 1yr indoor Anniversary Race on Nov 28th. In the meantime should there be any questions please see Justin, Shane , Shannon or Steve directly.
Old 09-15-2014, 07:34 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Sounds great, can't wait to see what the future holds for race em. Make the new place big enough inside for some onroad....there's no one in the area that has one. All new clients for the hobbyshop On road/off road I could only imagine what Race em could do with that. Good Luck and see you soon.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Only time will tell...
Old 09-16-2014, 04:51 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

No worries....
Justin puts his mind to stuff and things happen. This is no different than any of the bumps in the road we have faced in the past....

Now......
Rumors started Leisure and Trackside are pushing a 13.5 blinky wheeler class... (it is a class in the Spectrum race)
Any interest?
I know we have trouble keeping a good wheeler class period. This is not like a 2wd buggy class though. It would have to be separated as the 13.5 can't compete in open.
I'm going to throw a 13.5 in mine and see how it runs??????
Old 09-16-2014, 07:27 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

This group will always push ahead.

Ill be keeping it simple with stock buggy and either stock or mod sct
Old 09-16-2014, 08:07 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

I plan on running wheeler over the winter. With enough interest, I could go 13.5.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

13.5 Blinky Wheeler FTW!
Old 09-17-2014, 03:16 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DoubleRJef View Post
13.5 Blinky Wheeler FTW!
13.5 4wd buggy would be a class that could be fun. But not against chassis-sponsored drivers. I thought that meant you raced modified classes or stayed home.
Old 09-17-2014, 08:48 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 58 (100%+)

Originally Posted by slowguy2012 View Post
13.5 4wd buggy would be a class that could be fun. But not against chassis-sponsored drivers. I thought that meant you raced modified classes or stayed home.
Easy there, I voice support for a class that would be fun and help grow the class and I shouldn't run it because I have a sponsor? Everything I run, I pay for, I haven't been given any new trick parts to make me fast. Everything I run has been bought off a "shelf" just like the average racer can buy. I choose to run Blinky classes because I don't like the motor game and I appreciate the competition that is usually tighter in Blinky. I also welcome any racer to a class, if they are better than me, that's how we learn. You don't get faster/ better by racing the same guys and beating them over and over. See you at the track!
Old 09-17-2014, 09:41 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

sorry Jeff, all good points. At club races for sure, run whatever. But I heard that at big events it is frowned upon, if not a rule, that chassis sponsored drivers race modified classes. (paying for them or not).
Old 09-17-2014, 11:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 57 (100%+)

Originally Posted by DoubleRJef View Post
I choose to run Blinky classes because I don't like the motor game

I heard a rumor that Race'Em wasn't going to allow the d3.5 after a certain date. Has that been decided yet?
Old 09-17-2014, 11:25 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by jkach View Post
Sounds great, can't wait to see what the future holds for race em. Make the new place big enough inside for some onroad....there's no one in the area that has one. All new clients for the hobbyshop On road/off road I could only imagine what Race em could do with that. Good Luck and see you soon.
We are trying to get on-road carpet racing started in Dubuque, IA this winter. It looks like it will happen but nothing is set in stone yet. If you want to keep up to date on it, you can visit the iowa fast track forum. Rockford is about 2 hrs away so the drive wouldn't be to bad.

http://forum.iowafasttrackrc.com/vie...php?f=2&t=2561
Old 09-17-2014, 03:31 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 59 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kevntri View Post
No worries....
Justin puts his mind to stuff and things happen. This is no different than any of the bumps in the road we have faced in the past....

Now......
Rumors started Leisure and Trackside are pushing a 13.5 blinky wheeler class... (it is a class in the Spectrum race)
Any interest?
I know we have trouble keeping a good wheeler class period. This is not like a 2wd buggy class though. It would have to be separated as the 13.5 can't compete in open.
I'm going to throw a 13.5 in mine and see how it runs??????
Finishing mine up this week, I'll have it out Sunday whether there's a full class or not!
Old 09-18-2014, 01:13 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Planning to run at the last point race on Oct 5th, need some help....B5 running Stock, what is the tires of the month at Rac'em? Also...gearing?

Same thing about SCT, stock....but Slash. Mainly, what gearing...? Thanks.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.