R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Wisconsin & Illinois Racing (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing-11/)
-   -   Clark RC Park 2014 Outdoor Offroad Season (https://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsin-illinois-racing/771225-clark-rc-park-2014-outdoor-offroad-season.html)

tru-racing 11-11-2013 05:31 PM

Clark RC Park 2014 Outdoor Offroad Season

Clark RC Park 2014
I know the 2013 season just ended and we have a long winter to wait yet, but we have the dates for next year already and I wanted to post them so we can all plan ahead. So here we go!

The Track:
We will be starting the year with a fresh open layout and will be planning on (weather permitting:cry:) getting it ready near the end of April. We will have an "open house" at that time before the season gets underway. Keep posted for that once we get started on the build.

Classes:
Classes will depend on turnout but usually go as follows...
1/8 Nitro Buggy
1/8 Electric Buggy
1/8 Nitro Truggy
1/8 Electric Truggy
1/10 2WD Short Course
1/10 4x4 Short Course

Again, we work very hard to get an nice compact racing surface and believe we have a track that both 1/10 and 1/8 scale classes can race on. That being said, bring out your 1/10 buggy and/or truck! Worst case we can race them with 2wd/4x4 SCT's.

More info:
Want to see pics of the track? Need directions? Wanna know more about the crazy guys who run this track? Check the website! www.clarkrcpark.com

Thanks for looking and I hope to see everyone out at the track for another great year!

Big Events!
We will be hosting a few big events this year that you will not want to miss and I will add them here as they are confirmed!

June 14th - Midwest Nitro Series - Round 2
August 2nd - The Summer Showdown
September 1st - The Labor Day Challenge

We will also be running our Summer Points Series on the following dates

May 24th
June 28th
July 26th
August 23rd
September 27th

5 races 1 throw out!

http://www.clarkrcpark.com/2014schedule-revised.jpg
http://www.clarkrcpark.com/2013track.jpg

storm800 11-11-2013 07:36 PM

Pretty cool pink truck on the flyer! See ya next year, thanks for a fun summer of racing!

rcracenut 11-11-2013 07:59 PM

Wow! Thats the earliest I have ever seen an outdoor track come out with there upcoming schedule. 5 months ahead. Whew. You guys never take a break.:nod: Chuck

J.Elliott 11-12-2013 06:38 AM

Awesome job Matt! One thing I would like to add/ask. For Nitro Main Starts (we can do these for Electric Mains also), Drop Starts are very common. Do you racers prefer Drop Starts or the Random Rolling starts. For those who don't know, how those work. After the warm up, all cars are brought to the pits and topped off with fuel, and left in the pit until the driver's name is called to start and rolled out pit road. All jumps are rolled and even space between cars, and the race starts at a safe and random part of the track. These starts seem to be cleaner than a drop start, but I want to see what you think.

CAR 11-12-2013 02:02 PM

I like the rolling starts, but one thing that I would like to see added are numbers along the pit lane so guys can go out on to the track in the right order. This would also be nice to have for the " New guy " that does know anyone. Also you wouldn't have to yell out peoples names to go out in order over all that noise the first guy goes and everyone follows. Just an idea.... Charlie

jwood7 11-13-2013 03:42 PM

I like the rolling starts and I like that idea Charlie. I think that would make the starts go a lot easier for everyone.

071crazy 11-14-2013 06:23 AM

Originally Posted by jwood7 (Post 12722721)
I like the rolling starts and I like that idea Charlie. I think that would make the starts go a lot easier for everyone.

Just give a wide berth to this guy Jeff Wood. He's toooooooo fast!

baumel 11-20-2013 07:39 AM

Rolling starts are way cleaner and there are less pit guys needed.

J.Elliott 11-20-2013 08:44 AM

Thanks for the suggestions.

rcracenut 12-24-2013 08:13 PM

Merry Christmas to everyone, racers and crew, at Clark R/C park. Only 4 more months (hopefully) till we set up tents and enjoy an awesomely large track again. Chuck

vicdamone11 12-28-2013 11:50 AM

I prefer drop starts. A few times we did rolling starts through jump sections and some people took that as an opportunity to double over other racers that weren't set up to clear the double. Maybe we do rolling starts on the straight only?

Either way I'll be there every other saturday.

cnelson3 12-28-2013 07:51 PM

Originally Posted by vicdamone11 (Post 12850541)
I prefer drop starts. A few times we did rolling starts through jump sections and some people took that as an opportunity to double over other racers that weren't set up to clear the double. Maybe we do rolling starts on the straight only?

Either way I'll be there every other saturday.

Drop starts with a bigger gap on the straight maybe?

tru-racing 03-03-2014 06:52 PM

I know it doesn't feel like it... but its getting to be that time of year again!

AWARDS:Before I start buying awards for the year i want to get some input! What is everyone planning on running for classes this year? Every year it seems I end up with extra awards from low turnout classes and I don't want to spend money wastefully. This pertains mostly to the Summer Points Series and the Badgerland Challenge race... how many guys are willing to commit to running some 1/10 scale this year? (buggy, truck and/or wheeler) And is ETruggy dead or are there a few jumping in on that class this year? I'm currently planning on 1/8 Buggy, 1/8 Truggy, 1/8 EBuggy, 2WD SCT and 4x4 SCT. Let me know asap if we should be expecting turnouts in other classes!

TAMAK 03-04-2014 04:19 PM

I hear Gas Truck is making a come back. Ill be bringing mine to run and 1 extra. So dig em out of the closet guys, needs some competition to get ready for Omaha late May!

chadlee 03-06-2014 11:01 AM

I haven't raced at Clark but plan on it this summer. I plan on 1/10th stadium truck and 1/10th 2wd buggy. Really looking forward to it. I stopped out last summer once to check it out with my sons and was really impressed with the track and everyone was so friendly so we decided we would for sure be out this summer. My son will be racing 2wd short course.