Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
2nd Annual "Midwest Onroad Chapionships" at AJ's Raceway >

2nd Annual "Midwest Onroad Chapionships" at AJ's Raceway

2nd Annual "Midwest Onroad Chapionships" at AJ's Raceway

Old 08-08-2005, 05:40 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Nexus...Stock....wow....how bad was the beat down????
0-6 in quals and mains stock might be overkill and switching to mabuchi style motors.

Open Mod car was crap....switched to the Rubber tire car for the mains...still didn't finish :P

----------

Does anyone know what the stock of parts is like at AJs? Looking for things like 64P spur gears, stock,19T brushes...
Old 08-08-2005, 06:11 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 23 (93%+)

Originally Posted by Nexus
after my dismal showing at tinley this past weekend i think i'll just run stock foam and rubber

:P

Nexus we are looking at stock/rubber and as majority rules it might possibly become 19t/rubber. No stock or 19t foam, sorry nexus. Gotta run those bad ass orange rims in the open mod class on saturday. I am hoping Ray Warner MR. GQ ajs/irp himself will be able to make it out and see what he can do with those badd ass orange rims on sat night.. I will tell you this,,, they look cool as hell at night racing under the lights.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:14 PM
Tech Elite

0-6 in quals and mains stock might be overkill and switching to mabuchi style motors.

Open Mod car was crap....switched to the Rubber tire car for the mains...still didn't finish :P

----------

Does anyone know what the stock of parts is like at AJs? Looking for things like 64P spur gears, stock,19T brushes...
Aj's hobby shop is not as big as trackside,,,, but he does carry a fully line of pinions and spurs in 48 and 64 pitch. He has a good assortment of brushes including a good price on the xxx brushes.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:32 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by wallstreet
Nexus we are looking at stock/rubber and as majority rules it might possibly become 19t/rubber. No stock or 19t foam, sorry nexus. Gotta run those bad ass orange rims in the open mod class on saturday. I am hoping Ray Warner MR. GQ ajs/irp himself will be able to make it out and see what he can do with those badd ass orange rims on sat night.. I will tell you this,,, they look cool as hell at night racing under the lights.
yea...i was just messing around.

i will not be there early so if there is a vote or count on what people want to run in the rubber tire class please count me in for 19T.

i've been running GQs at tinley all summer and with the exception of this past sunday have done pretty well with them.

Aj's hobby shop is not as big as trackside,,,, but he does carry a fully line of pinions and spurs in 48 and 64 pitch. He has a good assortment of brushes including a good price on the xxx brushes.
ok...just wondering incase i don't pickup anything before sat. thanks.
Old 08-08-2005, 06:35 PM
Tech Elite

yea...i was just messing around.

i will not be there early so if there is a vote or count on what people want to run in the rubber tire class please count me in for 19T.

i've been running GQs at tinley all summer and with the exception of this past sunday have done pretty well with them.

ok...just wondering incase i don't pickup anything before sat. thanks.
I was just playing around when i made the comment about the gq tyres LOL
Old 08-09-2005, 04:13 AM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by wallstreet
I was just playing around when i made the comment about the gq tyres LOL

Keep you comments to yourself. I have never been Mr GQ. I haven't even been around to race in like forever! But yeah the orange rims look very cool running around outside in the lights! See everyone Sat. Ray
Old 08-09-2005, 04:51 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Orange is cool. Worked well on my tc3 earlier this summer.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:18 AM
Tech Champion

orange is the new white.

and

erasure is back on tour.
Old 08-09-2005, 06:40 AM
Tech Rookie

Default 19t rubber

I have a tc3. Looks like 19t rubber is in. Can you folks in the know give me starting gear ratio. Running the trinity 19t. Since aj's is winding down I want to make sure I have the correct gears in my box.

Thanks
Old 08-09-2005, 08:14 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Farmers Agent
I have a tc3. Looks like 19t rubber is in. Can you folks in the know give me starting gear ratio. Running the trinity 19t. Since aj's is winding down I want to make sure I have the correct gears in my box.

Thanks

As of right right now it does indeed look like the rubber class will be 19t, we will try to let everyone know as soon as possible sat.

as far as gears bring what you have, 19t class here is usually run on foams and the track always changes so i don't think i could give you a starting point on gearing.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:16 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Farmers Agent

Thanks
I took a few 19T rubber practice laps at Tinley on Sunday and was geared at 6.55 on my C2. With the LONG straight, that gearing was too high. I'm going to start around 6.00 and go up/down from there for the Trophy race.

Jimmy
Old 08-09-2005, 11:38 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

I think I will have to ask here instead......how much to race at this weekend race..? What about running both Elect and Nitro..? Thanks.........need to ask wife for racing fee.
Old 08-09-2005, 09:17 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 95 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Rookie Solara
I think I will have to ask here instead......how much to race at this weekend race..? What about running both Elect and Nitro..? Thanks.........need to ask wife for racing fee.
It will be $20.00 for your first class, $5.00 for every additional
Old 08-10-2005, 07:27 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Shane Reinink
It will be $20.00 for your first class, $5.00 for every additional
Thanks....and I think that need to be added onto the IRP forum and their front page.....or may be that is posted and I just can't seem to find it.
Old 08-10-2005, 07:42 AM
Tech Addict

Shane,

Thank you for the update on the classes, I know a couple of us are going to attend from Milwaukee.

Last (hopefully) question.... what is the situation of pits and power? Are tables, chairs, tents, or generator needed?

Thanks again!

Chris Wilde

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.