Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Traxxas presents the Crandon R/C 100 endurance race! 6/28 >

Traxxas presents the Crandon R/C 100 endurance race! 6/28

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Traxxas presents the Crandon R/C 100 endurance race! 6/28

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2013, 10:40 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Traxxas presents the Crandon R/C 100 endurance race! 6/28

Hello Racers!
This Friday at Crandon I would like to change things up a bit and run a 100 Minute Team endurance race instead of a regular race schedule on Friday night. I‘ve done a similar type of race like this before at one of my events and it was always a great time. So here’s how it’s going to work, There will be 3 drivers to a team, a 4th person may help out with corner marshaling or pitting, but NOT driving! Each team will have 1 - 2WD Slash (stock or mod) and 1 - 4WD Slash(stock or mod) Each Team will be using a Loaner Transponder, any Personal Transponders need to be unplugged! To start the race, your 2WD Slash will be first with your teams Transponder in it. 1 person from the team will be Driving, one will be pitting and one will be Corner Marshalling. We will run for 10 minutes like this and at the 10 minute mark, the horn will sound and you will finish the lap you are on and bring the car into your pit man and he will swap the Transponder to the 4WD Slash and he will be the next Driver for the next 10 minutes. When the change over is complete the 1st Driver will then go out and change positions with the corner marshal from your team, your corner marshal will then become the pit man, as he will then be the next driver to go out with 2WD Slash after the next 10 minute run. I do look to see that your teams corner marshal cone is always covered and I will dock your Team laps if I see it unattended! We will be swapping cars, Transponders and Team positions every 10 minutes for 10 shifts to complete the Crandon R/C 100!! To finish this race you must ONLY use the same 2 Slashes you start with. You may make repairs to them, however you can NOT grab another car and put it on the track. Also you can only run the 2WD and the 4WD when it is their turn to run. The order of how each Teams drivers start, must stay the same for the duration of the race, which means 1 driver will drive a 4th shift, which will be the final run of the race! Entry fees for the Team race will be $60.00 per team. I would like to limit it to 10 teams for this race. We will have a 7:30PM Drivers meeting and start the race at 8:00PM. I would like to get a feel for how many teams are interested, please post the following info if you would like to be part of this race:
Team name :
Driver 1 :
Driver 2 :
Driver 3 :

As far as Mods for the Slashes: any brand Short coarse approved tires, with the exception of Ribbed tires are OK. You may change radio/servos/ electronics. Must run a stock Traxxas chassis, but aftermarket suspension components are OK. Must have Traxxas front and rear bumpers and a Short Coarse style body. All Teams radio’s must be 2.4 GHz.

Saturdays racing schedule will be:

Saturday Jun. 29th:

8:00 AM to 10:30 AM - Open track

11:00 AM - Drivers meeting

11:30 AM - 2 Rounds of qualifying Begin

Please be signed up by 10:45 AM to guarantee placement in 1st round of qualifying.

We will finish qualifying and take a break in the afternoon for racing on the big track, the R/C track will be open for practice during that time.

Mains for Saturdays qualifying will be run Saturday evening after the TORC Pro Driver R/C Race which is scheduled for 6:00 P.M.

Classes will be:

1) Sportsman - Beginner/Youth class (Stock 2WD or 4WD)

2) Pro-Lite - Stock Slash (2WD)

3) Pro-2 - Mod. Slash (2WD)

4) Pro-4 - Mod. Slash (4WD)

Cost is $10.00 for 1st class, $5.00 per class for any additional classes

Awards will be given to top 3 in all classes.

Note: admission to the TORC event is required.
Old 06-26-2013, 10:41 PM
Tech Adept

Is this endurance race a for sure thing? I was going to race on fri but I don't have a team. If it is up for a vote, I vote for regular racing.
Old 06-26-2013, 11:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

If there is not enough teams, we will put something together for a race. Usually when we do a team race there is several people like yourself who don't have a team and they end up finding a few others and making a team. This race is the bomb and really hope we can get 7 or 8 teams to participate, I know with my group we have at least 1 team that willl be ready to race.
Old 06-28-2013, 03:08 PM
Tech Adept

Is there still races tonight or is it too wet