Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Off-Road Racing @ WS Raceway - Paxton, IL >

Off-Road Racing @ WS Raceway - Paxton, IL

Like Tree2Likes

Off-Road Racing @ WS Raceway - Paxton, IL

Old 03-11-2013, 05:08 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Goofy0319
Hope you're feeling better. I'll be gone next weekend, but I'm hoping to be able to race and/or practice the weekend after.

Ended up going to Hot Slots for the afternoon. Was the only one there.
I'm still feeling kind of sick, but much better than Sunday. I should be better soon.

I'm working on some new ideas for upcoming races. I think more of my racing buddies will be able to make it some future races.

Question for all of you, do you like the current practice and race times? If it was up to you what times would you like to see racing and practice. I would like to get more people and was curious how the schedule worked for you? Even if you have never raced or practice, please feel free to give your input here.

Thanks,
Adam
WS Raceway
Old 03-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Tech Apprentice

Sundays are a good race day if the program is done early 430 5 maybe 6 or 7 with a good turn out ....I race all over when u cancelled we just drive 2 1/2 hours to go race ... I know the next two weekends I will be at RJD both friday and saturday but if you schedule a race after that I down

Last edited by j.voorhees30; 03-13-2013 at 03:22 PM. Reason: wrong days
Old 03-12-2013, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Sundays are good, but I think maybe doing a Wednesday or Thursday practice night would be good. I can usually do one or the other with both practice and racing on the weekends.

Not really having raced before, maybe we could try doing races on one of those nights maybe once a month? Maybe do a pre-register and limit the spots to what we know we could race from say 6-10pm?

I have no problem heading to Paxton after work when I'm not traveling during the week. especially as summer rolls around my weekends get filled up pretty quick.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:16 AM
Tech Rookie

How much is your entry fee? I might come over on Sunday to race.
Old 03-13-2013, 10:18 AM
Tech Adept

Adam charges $15 for the first class, $10 for the second class and $7 for the third class.

The track is a lot of fun! I won't be there this weekend, but hopefully I will be back the weekend of 3/23.
Old 03-13-2013, 01:46 PM
Tech Rookie

If I go I'm bring my stock slash and 4x4 slash.
Old 03-13-2013, 07:50 PM
Tech Regular

Default Racing

Hi Jeff,

The prices quoted are correct.

If you want to see more, please visit the track website at:

wsraceway.weebly.com

Thanks,
Adam
Old 03-13-2013, 07:56 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Goofy0319
Sundays are good, but I think maybe doing a Wednesday or Thursday practice night would be good. I can usually do one or the other with both practice and racing on the weekends.

Not really having raced before, maybe we could try doing races on one of those nights maybe once a month? Maybe do a pre-register and limit the spots to what we know we could race from say 6-10pm?

I have no problem heading to Paxton after work when I'm not traveling during the week. especially as summer rolls around my weekends get filled up pretty quick.
I'm not sure about racing on the weekday, but practice would be possible. I'll keep the schedule like it is for March. In April, I think I'll work in a midweek practice instead of Saturday unless there is objection to that. Anyone else got any thoughts on weeknight practice?

Hope to see people this Sunday for racing. There will be no practice this Saturday.

Thanks,
Adam
WS Raceway
Old 03-14-2013, 03:39 PM
Tech Rookie

Which day are you going to race this weekend?
Old 03-14-2013, 08:55 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Jeff25
Which day are you going to race this weekend?
I'll be racing on Sunday this weekend.
Old 03-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Tech Regular

Default racing

Ok, today was pretty slow. I did have a couple people come out to look, but there was no racing this weekend.

Steve from the Crawl Space came over to look at the track. I guess Paxton has a crawler course and race track now.

I would like to see a large number of people this coming week. To do so, I'm going to offer $10 practice (for the whole day) March 23rd and $10 racing March 24th. If you have been thinking about coming out this is the time to do so. You'll even get a discount for this special weekend on racing and practice!

Adam

WS Raceway

www.wsraceway.weebly.com

facebook.com/wsraceway
Old 03-17-2013, 07:25 PM
Tech Adept

I'll be there! I'll try to go both days, but I will be there for one of them for sure.
Old 03-17-2013, 07:42 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

This this track big enough for 2wd buggies?
Has there been anything except SCT's showing up?
Old 03-17-2013, 08:10 PM
Tech Regular

Default buggy class

Originally Posted by tallcardinalfan
This this track big enough for 2wd buggies?
Has there been anything except SCT's showing up?
Oh yeah, it's perfect for 2wd buggy. We did run a class of them a few weeks back.

SCT is probably the biggest class, there are thousands and thousands of those trucks out there! However, two makes a class so bring a buddy and we can run your vehicles.

Adam

WS Raceway
Old 03-17-2013, 08:15 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well its gonna be at least a couple weekends, I still gotta get the right springs for the buggy. I also work at HotSlots R/C.. But I don't race indoors anymore.. So when I get a Sunday off and my car together I'm might be able to pop up.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.