Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
2012/13 Midwest All-Star Carpet Series >

2012/13 Midwest All-Star Carpet Series

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2012/13 Midwest All-Star Carpet Series

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 05:43 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by matt d
Big thank you goes out to Eric, Brad , Kevin and Snowy for having a great series. The kids and I felt right at home again. Maddie won a new car so we are going to be back in the on road scean again next season.

I think everyone sitting in the back area learned a huge lesson saturday night.

Always charge your lipo batteries in a lipo sack or in a fire proof container.
I dont know the gentlemans name that was sitting by us that lost his f1 car due to a fire from chargin his battery in the car. Thank god his buddy was sitting there when he heard the pop ane got the car outside before ( as snuffy would say) "BLAMO". If it happens in a race its one thing but during charging it could of been avoided.. There could of been a lot more equipment lost .

Eric provides us with a great place to play with our toys and it would be a shame to have something happen that can be avoided.

Ok rant over

Thank you again to everyone involved. We will see you next fall with a new TC that my daughter is going to let me race.
OK nekt time your at a race go around a check for lipo bags. I'll race that car again and yes you can bet I learned a lesson.

Last edited by topdrag; 02-25-2013 at 05:46 PM. Reason: ops
Old 02-25-2013, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by topdrag
OK nekt time your at a race go around a check for lipo bags. I'll race that car again and yes you can bet I learned a lesson.
Thats the point. nobody should have to go around and check for bags. they should be already using them. I sorry if i singled you out. that was not my intention. I feel bad for your mishap. we all need to be safe and i get that accidents happen. thats why they are called accidents. what happened was a eye opener for me. i was just starting to think about doing the same thing and charge in the car. it reminded me how the thought could cost more in the long run. i hope you do run that chassis again. That would be awesome that you didnt loose everything.
Old 06-04-2013, 06:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Default mini and sportsman for 2013/14 season

Hello everyone, there has been a lot of talk on facebook about the upcoming season and Mini and sportsman are not on the list. I hope we can at least run both if we have 3 or more racers. Mini is the largest TCS class so as racers we need to show up as much as possible to keep this class alive. I have 3 in my family alone that run minis and 1 in sportsman. Lets get some support from those who want these classes to keep going on this thread.
Old 06-04-2013, 11:55 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mike.a
Hello everyone, there has been a lot of talk on facebook about the upcoming season and Mini and sportsman are not on the list. I hope we can at least run both if we have 3 or more racers. Mini is the largest TCS class so as racers we need to show up as much as possible to keep this class alive. I have 3 in my family alone that run minis and 1 in sportsman. Lets get some support from those who want these classes to keep going on this thread.
Mike thanks for the post! We would like to keep mini as one of the classes we just need to get the turn out to pick back up some. Same thing for Sportsman we will have no problem running the class we just need racers to show up and fill out the class. I hope we can get that to turn around this year!

We should have a new 2013/14 thread sometime around the end of June with the schedule and all the class info.

Be sure to like and follow us on Facebook for more content and such.
Old 06-08-2013, 06:36 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Kevin K
Mike thanks for the post! We would like to keep mini as one of the classes we just need to get the turn out to pick back up some. Same thing for Sportsman we will have no problem running the class we just need racers to show up and fill out the class. I hope we can get that to turn around this year!

We should have a new 2013/14 thread sometime around the end of June with the schedule and all the class info.

Be sure to like and follow us on Facebook for more content and such.
Just an idea, but maybe we could offer a "bounty" or reward for anyone who brings a sportsman racer and that racer participates in more than 1/2 of the races.

We need to be creative in getting the new racer to the track. No sure if this is the right way to do it, but maybe we could come up with some ideas.