MIDWEST ELECTRIC SERIES

Old 07-31-2012, 07:09 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Race-Wright
So 6min, 8min, 10min ?
I would like 5 min quals and 8 min mains with the exception of maybe 4x4 sc- let them vote like you did at the nitro series. Pretty sure most other classes can go at least that long. I just ran 20 min with a mod 2wd sc this weekend in an enduro race and the battery still had more....
Old 07-31-2012, 07:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

We run 5 min qualifiers with 6 min mains.. That should be enough for the 4x4.. I know some of these guys run 540 can motors.. And 6 minutes is pushing it with those.. But agreed.. 2wd can go longer.. Maybe 8 is a good number.. But keep it to either 5-6 qualifier.. That way its a big difference in the main.. Nitro usually runs what?? 6 min qual, then 20 min a main.. Keep it like that.. Short qual, long mains.. I think..
Old 07-31-2012, 07:31 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

So 6min, 8min, 10min ?
I say 6 generally but 200 entries might warrant 5 min heats. If there are only 45 then maybe 8 min or more. Im giessing that with all the classes offered shorter heats will usually prevail or we will be racing til 4am.
Old 07-31-2012, 08:56 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

6 minute quals and 8-10 minute mains.
Old 07-31-2012, 11:20 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

6 mins heats with 8 min mains. I know Granger has been running 8 min everything and seems to work for everyone but 4x4 sct because of heat issues. But that was on the 100+ day so they might be running everyone 8 mins. I really like how kings is doing the starts for the heats. Everyone is on their own clock but a heads up start. You can hang back if you want to avoid the first turn pile up and still be on your own clock.
Old 08-01-2012, 11:01 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jim72
6 minute quals and 8-10 minute mains.
Originally Posted by Rawwolf
6 mins heats with 8 min mains. I know Granger has been running 8 min everything and seems to work for everyone but 4x4 sct because of heat issues. But that was on the 100+ day so they might be running everyone 8 mins. I really like how kings is doing the starts for the heats. Everyone is on their own clock but a heads up start. You can hang back if you want to avoid the first turn pile up and still be on your own clock.
Longer races are what everybody wants, but you have to be realistic here. I can easily see this series being very well attended and bringing 150-200 entries. With 20 heats you'll run 2.5-3 hours per round easily running 6 min quals- multiply that by 3 rounds plus 8 min mains and you're looking at a 14 hour day, minimum. I don't mind the long days at all, in fact I enjoy them. But many people don't want to spend that long plus travel time on a raceday.
Old 08-01-2012, 05:57 PM
Tech Elite

6 min heats/ 8 min mains
Old 08-01-2012, 06:37 PM
Tech Master

http://www.92zerodesigns.com/index.p...ategory&path=4

92zerodesigns and MWNS has worked together to bring you the official shirt for the 2012 season for a great price. As you know 92zerodesigns is a sponsor of the series and does all the stickers for us. The shirt is available in black only and can be delivered to each event or shipped to your home. Order your shirt now!
Old 08-02-2012, 11:37 AM
Tech Elite

http://www.92zerodesigns.com/index.p...ategory&path=4

92zerodesigns and MWNS has worked together to bring you the official shirt for the 2012 season for a great price. As you know 92zerodesigns is a sponsor of the series and does all the stickers for us. The shirt is available in black only and can be delivered to each event or shipped to your home. Order your shirt now!
well now were going to need mwEs shirts! size, FAT GUY!
Old 08-03-2012, 11:12 AM
Tech Master

Joey is working on flyers, and Zack is working on a logo.

I'm sure we will have Midwest Electric shirts available before the season starts.
Old 08-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Super Moderator

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Interested to see the track list and dates for this series..

$.02, most big races cap race lengths to 5 min. heats, 6-7 min A-mains and lower mains (like mine) being 5 min.
Old 08-13-2012, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

I'll work on a track list as we get closer to the season. I have to be careful not to set a race on other large events in the area and in other states that some of the top racers attend. Most likely that will be in Dec to Feb time frame. It really depends on what gets posted out on the web. But I do feel I can get a commitment sooner from tracks.

As posted before by Jonny5 this WILL be a huge event with 150 to 200 entries. Possibly exceeding the NITRO series in attendance the very first year. How long each round takes does depend on entries but more importantly how fast everyone works with the announcer.

I think in the interest in time we should run 5 min qualifiers and 3 rounds of qualifying using qual points. This being the first season I feel 8 min "A" mains and 6 min lower should be a good start. As always 2 bump ups.

This should keep the day at a fair amount of time. However if we do exceed the 200 mark, i feel its best to cut a qualifier out.

Sound good???
Old 08-13-2012, 01:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

I'll work on a track list as we get closer to the season. I have to be careful not to set a race on other large events in the area and in other states that some of the top racers attend. Most likely that will be in Dec to Feb time frame. It really depends on what gets posted out on the web. But I do feel I can get a commitment sooner from tracks.

As posted before by Jonny5 this WILL be a huge event with 150 to 200 entries. Possibly exceeding the NITRO series in attendance the very first year. How long each round takes does depend on entries but more importantly how fast everyone works with the announcer.

I think in the interest in time we should run 5 min qualifiers and 3 rounds of qualifying using qual points. This being the first season I feel 8 min "A" mains and 6 min lower should be a good start. As always 2 bump ups.

This should keep the day at a fair amount of time. However if we do exceed the 200 mark, i feel its best to cut a qualifier out.

Sound good???
If the racers are fine with it, the series can cap the entries and use rcsignup.

On a different note, do any electric players race 2wd truck any more? I'd like to race 2wd mod truck at this series and eat ice cream, maybe at the same time.
Old 08-13-2012, 06:16 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Sound good???
Sounds good to us. Gonna try and make Nitro finals at Leisure.
Old 09-28-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Master

Been doing a little research today

Should any class be limited to a 6 cell only or allow a 7 cell?

From what i can see at other locations a 7 cell is allowed in SC at times but never in 2 wheel buggy. Maybe im dim but I assume they don't fit?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.