Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Westgate Cup 1/10 Electric Touring Car Racing, Arlington Heights, IL. >

Westgate Cup 1/10 Electric Touring Car Racing, Arlington Heights, IL.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Westgate Cup 1/10 Electric Touring Car Racing, Arlington Heights, IL.

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2013, 02:53 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Wink

Originally Posted by EvIlEvO9
There are way too many team associated's.

Did you notice that too?
Probably be a lot less if that Jim's Schumacher wasn't called an XRay
And my S2 wasn't called an RS$...

OBTW...
Cavwrench (aka Brian) @ Ad Venture Hobbies said that they use the same I-Lap system that Coach uses @ Westgate

Austin said George is thinking of adding asphalt races in 2013...

Need me a CF chassis if I'm going to ruin asphalt.
{No... I didn't misspell that word}
Old 01-06-2013, 06:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

At least next season there will be total of 4 hpi/hotbodies, assuming your attendance. Also 1 being my backup antique hpi pro4. Hopefully hpi's covering 1-3 podium spots too.

I really like the westgate racing indoors. Its kind to the car. Kinda like running in a clean room with glitter.........and orange body paint?

I'm ready for the new season to start up on the 18th. Sounds like Team Eric is putting some time into his setups.

If the racing doesn't conflict at Adventure with Westgate, I'm willing to check it out.
Old 01-06-2013, 09:44 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by EvIlEvO9
At least next season there will be total of 4 hpi/hotbodies, assuming your attendance.

I should be there each Friday with may be 04/12 as the exception.

Also 1 being my backup antique hpi pro4. Hopefully hpi's covering 1-3 podium spots too.

Skill building in progress - - -

I really like the westgate racing indoors. Its kind to the car. Kinda like running in a clean room with glitter.........and orange body paint?

I think that orange paint is getting knocked off my S2 twice a lap...

I'm ready for the new season to start up on the 18th. Sounds like Team Eric is putting some time into his setups.

I don't think my new stuff will make it across the Pacific by then...
I just set The Silk Purse back up for USVTA legal - - -
Slight change in springs
Shocks were low on oil
Took some weight off the Camaro
I know the Solaris tires work well (for me anyway)
So it's back to the Vintage hoops for a while

If the racing doesn't conflict at Adventure with Westgate, I'm willing to check it out.

Shouldn't be a conflict =
Eric shuts down in April and does 1/4 scale up north

Ad Venture probably won't start until late April
The asphalt will be raw -
JP says the landlord won't let them "prep" it

I know the boyz in the back (JP, Brian) are pro-off road
But we might get some on roading if enough people show up
If that doesn't work we can always car-pool up to Harbor!!!

Last edited by Marv; 01-07-2013 at 12:33 PM.
Old 01-07-2013, 09:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 128 (100%+)

Hello guys. Brian here. We had some onroad racing at the last outdoor race last season. I think we had 5 or 6 cars. We will run heats of onraod if enough guys show up. The surface more then likely will not be prepped, But will be clean. The traction is not bad though. As soon as the weather brakes. I am sure we will be back out there racing again. So plan on onroad for sure at Adventure hobbies this summer.
Old 01-07-2013, 07:16 PM
Tech Adept

Default Hey Brian

Hey Brian,
Yeah we were talking about "crashing" your party over there this summer from time to time, I also run 1/4 scale at Machesney Park on Saturdays. ALSO, just got your PM about the lap counter...sorry about that, I just did not check in here a lot. My New Years Res is to post more about things and I have done so...now my facebook has not been updated for 4 years, but then again you can only search ex-girlfriends for so long anyways...
We start up on the 18th I know you talked about coming out, let me know!
Eric
Old 01-07-2013, 07:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default Race Dates for the Spring Cup

Hey all, everyone on the E-mail list got the Spring Westgate Cup dates, they are:
Jan 18th
Feb 8th
Feb 15th
March 1st
March 22nd
April 12th
April 26th
I know one of the dates is a big race at Harbor, but I am limited on dates I can choose from with renting the school out, remember we run 7 nights and DROP the 2 lowest scores...so you can get 2 zero point nights and still win the season!!
Again, E-mail me with info if interested, I have heard from 3 new guys so far and Pete said he will be back in business, so we will have 2 SOLID mains and a possible 3rd if the interest keeps pouring in!!
Hope to see everyone on the 18th!
Eric
Old 01-08-2013, 02:43 PM
Tech Apprentice

Is there a maxium amount of racers per main? If so how many?

Originally Posted by Coach K
Hey all, everyone on the E-mail list got the Spring Westgate Cup dates, they are:
Jan 18th
Feb 8th
Feb 15th
March 1st
March 22nd
April 12th
April 26th
I know one of the dates is a big race at Harbor, but I am limited on dates I can choose from with renting the school out, remember we run 7 nights and DROP the 2 lowest scores...so you can get 2 zero point nights and still win the season!!
Again, E-mail me with info if interested, I have heard from 3 new guys so far and Pete said he will be back in business, so we will have 2 SOLID mains and a possible 3rd if the interest keeps pouring in!!
Hope to see everyone on the 18th!
Eric
Old 01-08-2013, 10:19 PM
Tech Adept

Default main sizes...

I am thinking a maximum of 7 or 8 ....any more than that and you hit lapped traffic too much. To hit that we would need to draw more than 16 racers and we aren't at that point yet...if we get 15, we could break into 3 sets of 5 to have a little more elbow room...we will see how track layout is and how others feel
Coach K
Old 01-09-2013, 06:24 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 43 (100%+)

Coach what's a good fdr starting point for 21.5 ..forgot what you told me before. .ill try to make some of these spring races
Old 01-09-2013, 07:36 PM
Tech Adept

Default 21.5 FDR

To be honest, I am currently building a 21.5 car...can some other guys chime in on what they are running please? I am running a black can tamiya motor...BUT I think a good starting point is 4.5 FDR, I think some guys are running 4.0, but they are running cooling fans, etc. Also, it depends on your mechanical timing on the motor. I would bring some gears a few teeth above and below 4.5 and go from there.
Sorry, I don't know the exact answer, once I get my car running I will have a better idea, but it is still in 300 pieces on my desk at work...lol...
Coach
Old 01-09-2013, 08:51 PM
Tech Addict

Jim, with the Schumacher, is running a Novak SS 21.5 with his mech timing kicked and I believe (not 100% sure) he said his FDR is 3:56 -
He coulda said 2:56 -
He wasn't talking to me so I wasn't paying attention...
Or he was talking to me and I wasn't paying attention...
I forget - - -

I'm running currently running a Novak SS 25.5 @ 4.09 with the mech timing kicked -
And I get passed by like I'm going backwards...
Wait a sec...
I usually am going backwards!
Old 01-10-2013, 08:03 AM
Tech Adept

Default FDR

Sounds good, thanks for the heads up, so I would start with a 4.0 FDR and then work from there, watch motor temps, and you probably want a good high speed fan!
Coach
Old 01-10-2013, 02:04 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 39 (100%+)

My cars ran pretty well at 3.67 FDR for 25.5 and around 3.75 for 21.5. Gotta watch the heat and experiment to find the right setting for your car / setup. Next time I'll be trying out 3.9 on a Revtech 21.5 with the mechanical timing set way up. 4 is a good starting point but be prepared to add timing or go to a lower FDR if you feel slow against the field. Jim was likely running 3.56 which seems like it would be past the "break point" and produce too much heat / not enough acceleration for that tight track. 2.56 would have burned up his motor.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:00 AM
Tech Apprentice

Another guy is around 4.05 FDR 21.5. More timing equals less torque right?
Old 01-11-2013, 02:30 PM
Tech Addict

Originally Posted by beemerfan
My cars ran pretty well at 3.67 FDR for 25.5 and around 3.75 for 21.5. Gotta watch the heat and experiment to find the right setting for your car / setup. Next time I'll be trying out 3.9 on a Revtech 21.5 with the mechanical timing set way up. 4 is a good starting point but be prepared to add timing or go to a lower FDR if you feel slow against the field. Jim was likely running 3.56 which seems like it would be past the "break point" and produce too much heat / not enough acceleration for that tight track. 2.56 would have burned up his motor.

Where you running a Ballistic 25.5 or the SS Pro 25.5?

If you were running the Ballistic, what was your mechanical timing set at?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.