Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Westgate Cup 1/10 Electric Touring Car Racing, Arlington Heights, IL. >

Westgate Cup 1/10 Electric Touring Car Racing, Arlington Heights, IL.

Westgate Cup 1/10 Electric Touring Car Racing, Arlington Heights, IL.

Old 05-17-2015, 07:12 PM
Tech Adept

Default Memorial day race night /Pizza night!!!

Pizza night this Friday, all entrants will get free pizza and have some really close racing!! Hope to see everyone there!
Coach K
Old 05-25-2015, 10:11 AM
Tech Adept

Default Final Race results

First off, what a great season!!
Westgate cup:Came down to the last race, last lap...Brent was 1 point ahead of Kyle...Kyle was ahead of Scribbles...BUT THEN a flip on the 2nd turn resulted in Scribbles passing Kyle for the win and season win by 2 POINTS!! Tony and I were out of the points by then, so we settled for 3rd and 4th overall. Thanks to all the drivers for "bumping over" for a second to allow the points leaders to "Battle it out."Torphies were given out for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place.Fast lap = 9.734 by PeteFast time = 18 laps in 3min 10.087sec by Coach K
Wolverine cup:Battle for 2nd and 3rd was VERY tight...Anthony got the tie for the night with 31 points with Matt while Colette was consistent, only losing the season position by ONE point!! TJ dominated the B-main (move up next year?) with 5 wins in a row!! Trophies were given out for 1st, 2nd, 3rd and all participants got a smaller trophy for driving!Fast lap A = 11.669 by both Matt and AnthonyFast time A = 15 laps in 3min 11.210sec by Anthony 15 laps in 3min, 12.584sec by Matt
Fast lap B = 12.480 by DemetriFast time B = 12 laps in 3min, .634sec by TJ
Looking ahead:Summer:This summer I plan on doing a little off-road racin...probably hit up the Hobby Town Lake in the hills - not sure of the nights, etc.Also would like to run the Enduro race if they sponsor one again - it was a blast!!! Lets try to field 2-3 teams of cup drivers!Gonna try to rebuild my 1/4 scale for East Coast Modified series...just need some bumpers, restrictor plate, tires, etc.AND...
Fall:With the school year starting we will begin racing again for the fall series. I will do my best to get Friday nights again, about every other week. This all depends on scheduling, etc.F1 Class: Considering running a f-1 class with teams, etc. Each team would have 2 cars for constructor points, and driver points. Each night we would run 1-2 f1 races for points. All cars entered, no qualify times. This is 2 wheel drive, not sure of power plant, either silver can brushed motor OR brushless with 1 cell lipo, etc. Still looking into it, lots of options, also rubber or foam tires allowed.
Hope everyone had a good season!!Gonna plug the westgatecup.blogspot.com over the summer to get a few more drivers interested, etc.Have a great summer!Coach K
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
5.22.2015weekly.pdf (29.1 KB, 88 views)
File Type: pdf
5.22.2015overall.pdf (8.0 KB, 79 views)
Old 01-17-2016, 02:23 PM
Tech Adept

Default New race track!!

Bad news is, I am still working second job, first job, and coaching hockey for my kids....so no time for me, and hence the Westgate Cup Series will NOT run this spring. Not sure about fall due to construction on the grounds for the new gym, etc.

Good news is, there is a new race track opening up 3 minutes from the school...on Northwest highway just a slide over from Euclid!!!
They will run BOTH on and off road classes and have a fully stocked hobby shop! How cool is that! Lets bring out our cars and race there!!!

Coach K
Old 01-28-2016, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 72 (100%+)

What is the name of the new place?

Originally Posted by Coach K
Bad news is, I am still working second job, first job, and coaching hockey for my kids....so no time for me, and hence the Westgate Cup Series will NOT run this spring. Not sure about fall due to construction on the grounds for the new gym, etc.

Good news is, there is a new race track opening up 3 minutes from the school...on Northwest highway just a slide over from Euclid!!!
They will run BOTH on and off road classes and have a fully stocked hobby shop! How cool is that! Lets bring out our cars and race there!!!

Coach K
Old 01-29-2016, 06:20 AM
MD
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 136 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TT_Vert
What is the name of the new place?
Windy City Raceway and Hobbies

http://www.rctech.net/forum/wisconsi...hobbies-5.html
Old 01-29-2016, 12:30 PM
Tech Adept

Windy city raceway....it is about 2 minute from the school!!
There is a thread listed above or below Westgate cup....not open yet, but hopefully soon!
Coach K
Old 02-03-2017, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Ttt
Old 02-04-2017, 07:43 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Make offer
Old 02-06-2017, 08:24 AM
Tech Master

What?