Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Wisconsin & Illinois Racing
Electric Indoor 1/10 Offroad in Southern Illinois >

Electric Indoor 1/10 Offroad in Southern Illinois

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Electric Indoor 1/10 Offroad in Southern Illinois

Search this Thread

Old 12-05-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Electric Indoor 1/10 Offroad in Southern Illinois

Ok guys after quite awhile of planning and thinking about our options we finally are able to announce we will be holding indoor races for this winter in nearby Carbondale/Makanda!

Details include-

Heated indoor racing/pitting.

Ozite race carpet with fabricated (wood) jumps.

Electricity provided. Bring your own table.

Saturday practice/racing. 10 a.m Practice/2 p.m. Racing. Plan to be done by 8 p.m. I WILL NOT KEEP YOU THERE ALL NIGHT.

New layout every week!

Racing will be at the Cedar Creek Raceway located at-

Location -- Lat 37.395384 Lon 89.154241

From Carbondale, Il. take US 51 south to Old US 51 and take a right at the stoplight. Aprroximatley .5 mile take a right on Cedar lake rd then 1.2 miles on your left there will be a large pole barn.

We will be running the following classes to start with. Tweaks to the schedule, classes offered, etc can and probably will happen but only to improve the program.

1/10 Electric

2wd Open Buggy

BOX Stock Electrix Boost Buggy(see rules below)

4wd Open Buggy

2wd Open Truck

2wd Open Short Course Truck

4wd Open Short Course Truck

Novice (if needed)

You can use any motor/tire/esc combo in every class except for the Electrix Boost class. Rules for it are as folllows-

The only changes allowed-

Receiver/Transmitter
Shock oil
Diff fluid
Pinion
Body (Custom Electrix body ok/recommended)

EVERYTHING ELSE MUST REMAIN STOCK! This should be the closest class and easiest to get new drivers into. All you need for this class is the $129 car and you are competitive!

I will bring plenty of parts for these cars and also the TLR 22 buggy. We will figure out what tires work the best in the next few weeks. I will have an Electrix boost available for anyone to try out as well as VERY low pricing on them the first 2 races.

OUR FIRST RACE IS THIS SATURDAY, December 10th.

Spread the word and any questions let me know or call me at 925-3711.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

That's great news I had a lot of fun upstairs last year. Coming from strictly dirt to a carpet I thought this could be cheesy but it was a blast. We had great traction. Wes in spite of the small space made it fun to drive.
Now with so much more room is should be really trick. We will definitely be there. This Saturday will just be to spectate since we have birthday parties that day. We more than likely will run 1/10 sct and 1/10 truck. There may be a buggy or two in our future also. Not sure who made all this possible but Thanks....
Old 12-07-2011, 03:49 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by nitrosteve
That's great news I had a lot of fun upstairs last year. Coming from strictly dirt to a carpet I thought this could be cheesy but it was a blast. We had great traction. Wes in spite of the small space made it fun to drive.
Now with so much more room is should be really trick. We will definitely be there. This Saturday will just be to spectate since we have birthday parties that day. We more than likely will run 1/10 sct and 1/10 truck. There may be a buggy or two in our future also. Not sure who made all this possible but Thanks....
Thanks Nitro. The big man responsible would be Andy Wallace (alphacat). Absolutely First class man with great intentions. (just don't tell him I said that Hahah) I have been spreading the word here in the store and I think we are going to have a lot of NEW faces this winter. The concept of the $129 car that is TRULY race ready is lighting up a lot of eyes. I'm talking about bashers and guys who have never raced or thought about racing. THIS is what the sport needs, especially in this area. Stay tuned...